- Customers are turning away from chocolate spreads, as they are considered unhealthy. They prefer bio and healthy substitutes such as nut and seed based spreads or jams. Furthermore, the number of local honey producers is increasing, as there is still room to increase market volume. The main trends in jams and preserves are increased popularity of high-sugar jams and new, unconventional flavours. Moreover the decision of Herbapol to extend its offer to jams and preserves had an impact on the fragmented category.
- The leader in terms of sales value in 2014 and 2015 in spreads was Agros Nova Sp zoo, which accounted for 16% of share. It remained the leader because of strong loyalty towards its main brand, Lowicz, variety of jam flavours and cheap production costs. In honey, the two largest brands accounted for a 40% value share – Sadecki Bartnik with 23% and Mazurskie Miody ZPH with 17%. However, there was a growing trend towards private label, which included smaller producers and is expected to continue into the forecast period. The Nutella brand was the leading player in chocolate spreads with a 45% value share, but due to increasing competition of private label, its share was constantly decreasing. In nut and seed based spreads Felix was the leader with a 28% value share. However, that share, along with those of its competitors, is expected to gradually decrease until 2020, due to the entrance of new foreign companies in nut and seed based spreads.
- Within the forecast period new, mainly international companies are expected to enter spreads, with a strong focus on chocolate, nut and seed based products. These companies will offer various brands with innovative properties at lower prices, which will increase competition in the category and decrease the share of existing companies according to information from trade interviews with producers.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Spreads Market Research Report
Sample Spreads Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Spreads industry in Poland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Spreads industry in Poland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Spreads in Poland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Spreads in Poland?
- What are the major brands in Poland?
- How are manufacturers leveraging health and wellness trends like reduced sugar or organic sourcing?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Spreads in Poland - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Spreads by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Spreads by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Spreads by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Spreads by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Jams and Preserves by Leading Flavours: Rankings 2010-2015
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Spreads: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Spreads: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 8 Distribution of Spreads by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Spreads by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Spreads by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Spreads by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Spreads by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Spreads in Poland - Company Profiles
Jeronimo Martins Polska SA in Packaged Food (Poland)
- Summary 1 Jeronimo Martins Polska SA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Jeronimo Martins Polska SA: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Jeronimo Martins Polska SA: Competitive Position 2015
Tesco Polska Sp zoo in Packaged Food (Poland)
- Summary 4 Tesco Polska Sp zoo: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Tesco Polska Sp zoo: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 Tesco Polska Sp zoo: Private Label Portfolio
- Summary 7 Tesco Polska Sp zoo: Competitive Position 2014
Packaged Food in Poland - Industry Context
Improving economic environment helps packaged food to grow
Health awareness continues to increase among Polish consumers
Packaged food in Poland led by international manufacturers in 2015
Discounters continues gaining importance
Packaged food is forecast to grow but at a slower pace
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Growing demand for health and wellness products stimulates growth in packaged food
Growing interest in easy-to-prepare products in convenient packaging
The increasing significance of discounters and private label as well as convenience stores
Continuous domination of multinational companies in Polish packaged food
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 13 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 14 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 15 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 16 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 17 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 22 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 23 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 24 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 8 Research Sources