- Growth in toilet care has slowed as consumers begin to place less importance on the area in contrast to laundry care and dishwashing. In 2012, the area posted a 1% decline in current retail value sales – a performance which compares poorly with the review period CAGR of +2%. Toilet liquids performed the best due to sustained manufacturer activity. Harpic White and Shine was supported by heavy advertising spend while Unilever’s Domestos expanded into the area and bleach heavyweight White King gained prominence. Under the new leadership of local manufacturer Pental Products, White King continues to aggressively move into other areas, including toilet care, as it moves away from its traditional territory. White King’s association with bleach is perceived as a key advantage in toilet care where a strong cleaning and antibacterial agent is seen as necessary. Despite all this activity, toilet liquids sales fell slightly in 2012.
- Reckitt Benckiser’s Harpic remained the leading brand in toilet care in Australia in 2012 with a value share of 31%. The brand remains dominant in toilet liquids, where it recorded a retail value share of 46% in 2012 and also accounted for 25% of value sales within the larger ITBs area. Harpic’s leading position can be attributed to the fact it is one of the few brands to have a significant presence across all toilet care areas. The brand receives widespread advertising support. For example, over the review period Harpic launched a mass advertising campaign featuring a television commercial in which various men apologised for their wrongdoings in the bathroom and Harpic was promoted to help them ‘clean up their act’. The campaign also included a website where consumers could publically apologise for their behaviour and be admitted onto the ‘dishonour roll’.
- A lack of innovation and advertising means toilet care sales will continue to decline over the forecast period, with the area having a projected constant retail value CAGR of -1%. In-cistern devices is forecast to register the sharpest decline due to a lack of interest and appeal. Toilet care was particularly affected by cautious consumer spending over 2012, with manufacturers unable to entice Australians with an attractive value proposition in the aftermath of ‘cageless’ innovation. The area that will suffer the least over the forecast period will be toilet liquids, which has a projected forecast period constant retail value CAGR of -1%. Given the maturity of the area, growth is expected to mainly derive from marketing activities as well as on-going product developments catering to consumers’ persistent demand for convenience.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Toilet Care Market Research Report
Sample Toilet Care Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Toilet Care industry in Australia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Toilet Care industry in Australia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Toilet Care in Australia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Toilet Care in Australia?
- What are the major brands in Australia?
- What are the future prospects for the toilet care products?
- What are the key new product launches in the toilet care products?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Home Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Toilet Care in Australia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Toilet Care by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Toilet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Toilet Care Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 4 Toilet Care Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Toilet Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Toilet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Toilet Care in Australia - Company Profiles
Nature's Organics Pty Ltd in Home Care (Australia)
- Summary 1 Nature’s Organics Pty Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Nature’s Organics Pty Ltd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Nature’s Organics Pty Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
Pental Products Pty Ltd in Home Care (Australia)
- Summary 4 Pental Products Pty Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Pental Products Pty Ltd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 Pental Products Pty Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
Home Care in Australia - Industry Context
Steady improvement across home care in 2012
Packaging innovation and eco-brands
Supermarkets dictate their terms
Multinationals continue to dominate
Innovation remains key to value growth
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Australian economy delivers growth
Spotlight on fragrance
Health and wellness concerns met by Eco brands
Private label brand invasion continues
Innovation favours convenience/packaging reduction
Retailers continue to experiment online
- Table 7 Households 2007-2012
- Table 8 Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 9 Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 10 Home Care Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 11 Home Care Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 12 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 13 Sales of Home Care by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 14 Sales of Home Care by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 7 Research Sources