- Toilet liquids posted a 2% current value increase in 2013 as a result of manufacturers’ efforts to offer additional benefits and concentrated formulas. This was an improvement for the category in comparison to 2012 when toilet liquids recorded a marginal current value decline. An example of the improved category dynamism was Procter & Gamble Australia Pty’s launch of Ambi Pur toilet flush in April 2013. A 5-in-1 product that offers to clean, freshen, prevent lime-scale, deodorise and shine was supported by a guarantee; valid between April and June, the guarantee offered consumers a return of their money if they were not fully satisfied with the product.
- Reckitt Benckiser (Australia) Pty's Harpic remained the leading brand in toilet care in Australia in 2013 with a value share of 31%. The brand continued to be dominant in toilet liquids, where it commanded a 46% value share, as well as a 25% value share in the larger ITBs category. It is one of the few brands to have a significant presence across all toilet care categories, hence its leading position. In 2013, the manufacturer introduced the line Harpic White, and also Shine, which was promoted under the tagline ‘5x power action’,as it incorporated 5 different benefits. The product is described as a thick bleach gel that kills almost 100% of germs and includes a baking soda formula that helps with toilet stains. As with Ambi Pur, the toilet cleaner Harpic is also promoted as having several benefits, such as deep clean, disinfection, refreshing and shining.
- With the extension from other categories of brands such as White King, Domestos and Ambi Pur into toilet care, a recovery is expected over the forecast period. Although value sales are expected to turn around from the declining trend of the last three years of the review period, sales of toilet care are set to grow at only a marginal CAGR at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period. A slow recovery will be the result of continuous price promotions and the overall price deflation that has been affecting the category.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Toilet Care Market Research Report
Sample Toilet Care Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Toilet Care industry in Australia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Toilet Care industry in Australia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Toilet Care in Australia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Toilet Care in Australia?
- What are the major brands in Australia?
- What are the future prospects for the toilet care products?
- What are the key new product launches in the toilet care products?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Home Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Toilet Care in Australia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Toilet Care by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Toilet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Toilet Care: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Toilet Care: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Toilet Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Toilet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Toilet Care in Australia - Company Profiles
Nature's Organics Pty Ltd in Home Care (Australia)
- Summary 1 Nature’s Organics Pty Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Nature’s Organics Pty Ltd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Nature’s Organics Pty Ltd: Competitive Position 2013
Pental Products Pty Ltd in Home Care (Australia)
- Summary 4 Pental Products Pty Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Pental Products Pty Ltd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 Pental Products Pty Ltd: Competitive Position 2013
Home Care in Australia - Industry Context
Strong performance in 2013
Environmental, health and local trends characterise home care
International players remain dominant
Private label increasingly being offered by major supermarkets
Innovative products to drive growth
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Sensitive claims become more popular within laundry products
Convenience drives growth of concentrated detergents
Australian-made products become more important to Australian consumers
Phosphate-free initiatives reach a new level
- Table 7 Households 2008-2013
- Table 8 Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 9 Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 10 NBO Company Shares of Home Care: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Home Care: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 12 Penetration of Private Label in Home Care by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 13 Distribution of Home Care by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 14 Distribution of Home Care by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 7 Research Sources