- Toilet care witnessed higher levels of differentiation in 2013, with manufacturers focusing on adding extra features (forms, colours, fragrances, and “green” ingredients) to their products, while focusing on improving their antibacterial and antifungal formulations, with claims such as “kills 99.9% of germs”. Long lasting features and more convenient packaging and formats, such as Clorox products with a greater coverage, and the latest active “hygienic application” discs from Pato, were key developments. Manufacturers continued to implement a variety of strategies to position their brands, such as 5-in-1 (multiple features in the same product), 5X (extra power) and specific names with an anti-bacterial implication, such as “Germinex”. Companies took advantage of their mega-brands to strategically stimulate demand for their products, benefiting from their top-of-mind positioning in various categories.
- SC Johnson continued to lead toilet care sales in 2013 with a total value share of 25%, benefiting from the strong position of its leading brand, Pato, which is supported by the company’s mega-brand, Mr Músculo. The global player offers a wide range of dispensing formats and prices, benefiting from its economy-of-scale systems and strong marketing capabilities to reach a broad number of local retailers in the country. Reckitt Benckiser followed with a 21% value share, thanks to its recognised brand, Harpic. The company also has a wide product portfolio which is largely available through local grocery retailers. In third place, Comercializadora America accounted for a 15% share, thanks to the wide penetration and strong popularity of its economy PDCB (Paradichlorobenzene) brand Sani-Odor, as these products remained the most demanded toilet care goods among the middle- and low-income local population.
- Trends are expected to continue to favour further levels of segmentation, which include the increasing offer of value-for-money deals, such as economy packs and extra size or quantity. On the other hand, manufacturers may take advantage of the potential room for growth in line with the recovery of the economic situation to invest in further research and development in order to add value and dynamism to the category. 5-in-1 (multiple features in the same product), 5X (extra power, extra disinfecting power and advanced solutions are expected to develop at a rapid pace over the forecast period. The environmentally-friendly approach is anticipated to gain relevance in product design.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Toilet Care Market Research Report
Sample Toilet Care Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Toilet Care industry in Costa Rica with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Toilet Care industry in Costa Rica, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Toilet Care in Costa Rica market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Toilet Care in Costa Rica?
- What are the major brands in Costa Rica?
- What are the future prospects for the toilet care products?
- What are the key new product launches in the toilet care products?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Home Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Toilet Care in Costa Rica - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Toilet Care by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Toilet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Toilet Care: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Toilet Care: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Toilet Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Toilet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Home Care in Costa Rica - Industry Context
Home care posts steady growth rates in 2013
Manufacturers apply further levels of segmentation
Mega-brands continue to consolidate within home care
Traditional and modern channels continue to develop in line with increasing segmentation
Segmentation, innovation and multi-purpose formats are key development factors
- Table 7 Households 2008-2013
- Table 8 Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 9 Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 10 NBO Company Shares of Home Care: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Home Care: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 12 Penetration of Private Label in Home Care by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 13 Distribution of Home Care by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 14 Distribution of Home Care by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 1 Research Sources