- Inbound arrivals in China recorded negative growth during 2012, mainly as a consequence of the unfavourable global economic situation. With weaker job security in the majority of European countries and the US, the leisure travel budgets of people in these countries became even tighter, while many companies curtailed their spending on business travel. As travelling to China involves a long-haul journey for people living in Western countries, many potential tourists to China from Western countries cancelled their plans to travel to China in 2012. Meanwhile, the continuous increase in the exchange value of the Chinese yuan against the US dollar made travelling within China less price-competitive for US citizens during 2012.
- The number of inbound arrivals in China is expected to increase slightly over the forecast period, rising at a modest CAGR of 2%. The global economy is expected to recover slowly from its recent troubles during the forecast period, with many European and North American governments set to make stronger efforts to stimulate their flagging domestic economies. Meanwhile, the China National Tourism Administration is also expected to make stronger efforts to promote China as an ideal travel and tourism destination by launching a series of marketing activities similar to the successful Sino-Russia Tourism Year, which was held in 2012.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Tourism Flows Inbound Market Research Report
Sample Tourism Flows Inbound Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Tourism Flows Inbound industry in China with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Tourism Flows Inbound industry in China, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Tourism Flows Inbound in China market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Tourism Flows Inbound in China?
- How successful is China in attracting international visitors?
- What are the leading inbound source markets?
- What do international visitors spend their money on?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Tourism Flows Inbound in China - Category Analysis
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
BUSINESS VS LEISURE
- Table 1 Arrivals by Country of Origin 2007-2012
- Table 2 Arrivals by Mode of Transport 2007-2012
- Table 3 Arrivals by Purpose of Visit 2007-2012
- Table 4 Business Arrivals: MICE Penetration 2007-2012
- Table 5 Leisure Arrivals by Type 2007-2012
- Table 6 Incoming Tourist Receipts by Geography: Value 2007-2012
- Table 7 Incoming Tourist Receipts by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 8 Method of Payments for Incoming Tourist Receipts: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 9 Forecast Arrivals by Country of Origin 2012-2017
- Table 10 Forecast Arrivals by Mode of Transport 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Arrivals by Purpose of Visit 2012-2017
- Table 12 Forecast Incoming Tourist Receipts by Geography: Value 2012-2017
Travel and Tourism in China - Industry Context
Domestic demand for tourism boosted by the rising disposable income
Uncertainty in global economy hits inbound tourism
Online sales of travel and travel and tourism maintain vigorous growth
Draft of Tourism Law under review, aims to regulate travel and tourism industry
Strong growth to expect over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Domestic demand for tourism on the rise
National tourism strategy
Legislative environment set to change to ensure healthy growth in travel and tourism in China
Online travel sales benefited by the booming e-commerce
High-end tourism represents a major potential growth area
Improving transportation infrastructure to promote travel and tourism
- Table 13 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 14 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 15 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 16 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources