- Southeast Asian countries such as Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia and others remained the leading outbound destinations among Indian consumers. These tourist spots were promoted aggressively by online travel agents such as MakeMyTrip (MakeMyTrip India Pvt Ltd), Expedia (Expedia India (P) Ltd), Cleartrip.com (Cleartrip Travel Services Pte Ltd) and other via social media websites such as Facebook. This trend was strongly linked to the low prices offered by these travel agents; packages costing Rs25,000-30,000 made outbound trips more affordable to more Indian consumers, many of whom had never previously been able to afford to travel outside the country due to budget constraints.
- Marketing strategies for various outbound destinations by online travel agents using social media websites such as Facebook will become a major promotional channel in the forecast period. The use of the internet for all research, reviews and bookings will result in the strong development of the online channel for outbound travel in the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Tourism Flows Outbound Market Research Report
Sample Tourism Flows Outbound Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Tourism Flows Outbound industry in India with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Tourism Flows Outbound industry in India, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Tourism Flows Outbound in India market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Tourism Flows Outbound in India?
- How big is outbound travel in terms of departures and spending?
- Which international destinations are the most popular?
- What are main methods of transport for travelling abroad?
Why buy this report?
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Tourism Flows Outbound in India - Category Analysis
BUSINESS VS LEISURE
- Table 1 Departures by Destination 2007-2012
- Table 2 Departures by Mode of Transport 2007-2012
- Table 3 Departures by Purpose of Visit 2007-2012
- Table 4 Business Departures: MICE Penetration % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 Leisure Departures by Type 2007-2012
- Table 6 Outgoing Tourist Expenditure by Geography: Value 2007-2012
- Table 7 Outgoing Tourist Expenditure by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 8 Method of Payments for Outgoing Tourism Spending: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 9 Forecast Departures by Destination 2012-2017
- Table 10 Forecast Departures by Mode of Transport 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Departures by Purpose of Visit 2012-2017
- Table 12 Forecast Outgoing Tourist Expenditure by Geography: Value 2012-2017
Travel and Tourism in India - Industry Context
Government continues to promote travel and tourism
Rising airport and fuel taxes increase the cost of flight tickets
Young urban consumers start to take up travelling as a lifestyle choice
Movies and social media websites became popular media for marketing
Devaluation of local currency will hinder the growth of outbound tourism
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Ministry of Tourism and state tourism boards continue to promote tourism aggressively
Ministry of Civil Aviation allows 49% foreign direct investment in aviation
Online channel drives travel retail
Tourists prefer budget travel options
Lifestyle changes help to drive travel and tourism
New marketing strategies drive travel and tourism
- Table 13 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 14 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 15 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 16 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources