- Economic growth in 2013 was much slower than anticipated, reaching only 1% real GDP growth according to Euromonitor International statistics. Due to the relatively weak state of the national economy, many consumers were more conservative with their spending, prioritizing expenses of basics such as food, school, medicines and reducing, postponing or eliminating expenditures on international vacations in favour of less expensive domestic trips. Compared with the review period CAGR of 2% the number of outgoing travellers observed a better, 3% increase in 2013. Also during this year the amount spent by outgoing tourists observed a 5% increase when compared with the previous year. This conservative growth can be explained in part by the economic performance, but also by the recovery of the Mexican currency, which passed from Mx$13.2 per US dollar in 2012 to Mx$12.8 per US dollar in 2013.
- Over the forecast period the number of outgoing tourists is expected to increase by a CAGR of 3%. In terms of spending, outbound tourists are expected to increase their spending over the forecast period 2013-2018 by a CAGR of 4% (at constant 2013 prices), reaching Mx$95.3 billion by 2018. This positive performance is likely to be driven by low-cost air carriers offering more routes to foreign countries, the penetration of consumer credit and also for the positive expectations about economy performance. Compared with the review period, the number of outgoing tourists is expected to see an acceleration of growth over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Tourism Flows Outbound Market Research Report
Sample Tourism Flows Outbound Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Tourism Flows Outbound industry in Mexico with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Tourism Flows Outbound industry in Mexico, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Tourism Flows Outbound in Mexico market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Tourism Flows Outbound in Mexico?
- How big is outbound travel in terms of departures and spending?
- Which international destinations are the most popular?
- What are main methods of transport for travelling abroad?
Why buy this report?
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Tourism Flows Outbound in Mexico - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Departures by Destination: Number of Trips 2008-2013
- Table 2 Departures by Mode of Transport: Number of Trips 2008-2013
- Table 3 Departures by Purpose of Visit: Number of Trips 2008-2013
- Table 4 Business Departures by MICE Penetration: Number of Trips 2008-2013
- Table 5 Leisure Departures by Type: % Trips 2008-2013
- Table 6 Outgoing Tourist Expenditure by Geography: Value 2008-2013
- Table 7 Outgoing Tourist Expenditure by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 8 Method of Payment for Outgoing Tourism Spending: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 9 Forecast Departures by Destination: Number of Trips 2013-2018
- Table 10 Forecast Departures by Mode of Transport: Number of Trips 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Departures by Purpose of Visit: Number of Trips 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Outgoing Tourist Expenditure by Geography: Value 2013-2018
Travel and Tourism in Mexico - Industry Context
Tourism exceeds historically strongest results of 2008
Tourists can interact with Mexico´s principal attractions at the airport
New customs and visa procedures aim to increase tourists arrivals
Government implements working tables to create tourism strategies
Tourism expects positive growth rates despite the new fiscal reform
- Table 13 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 14 Holiday Takers by Age 2008-2013
- Table 15 Seasonality of Trips: % Breakdown 2008-2013
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 16 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2008-2013
- Summary 2 Research Sources