- Historical buildings/sites attracted the most visitors in 2012. Bulgaria has a rich historical heritage and has a lot to offer in terms of historical sites – from Thracian tombs to medieval castles and monasteries with preserved original architecture to various archaeological excavation sites. In 2012, a number of new sites were unearthed and opened for the public. For example, a large portion of the Roman city of Serdica was uncovered during the excavations for the building of a new line for Sofia’s metro and have been preserved with the idea of opening them for the public. Many new discoveries were also made in the seaside town of Sozopol, where the medieval castle walls revealed a burial side of a “vampire” and various gold, silver and bronze treasures.
- Tourist attractions constant value turnover is projected to increase at an average annual rate of 1% over the forecast period, with growth mostly set to be fuelled by the increasing number of both inbound and domestic tourists who prefer to arrange their own trips and are keener to visit the various attractions Bulgaria has to offer. Historic buildings/sites and museums will remain the most popular tourist attractions in the country and will be followed by natural parks and areas of natural beauty as many domestic tourists are increasingly eco-friendly and appreciate wild nature rather than overdeveloped resorts.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Tourist Attractions Market Research Report
Sample Tourist Attractions Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Tourist Attractions industry in Bulgaria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Tourist Attractions industry in Bulgaria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Tourist Attractions in Bulgaria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Tourist Attractions in Bulgaria?
- What are the leading visitor attractions in Bulgaria?
- How are casinos performing?
- Are theme/amusement parks increasing in sales?
- Is there an increase in visitors to museums?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Tourist Attractions in Bulgaria - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Tourist Attractions Sales by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Tourist Attractions Visitors by Category 2007-2012
- Table 3 Tourist Attractions Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 4 Leading Tourist Attractions by Visitors 2007-2012
- Table 5 Forecast Tourist Attractions Sales by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Tourist Attractions Visitors by Category 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Tourist Attractions Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Travel and Tourism in Bulgaria - Industry Context
Record high tourist inflow and good season
Changes in legislation
Terrorism raises security issues
Online sales account for small fraction of overall tourism sales
Alternative tourism on the rise
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
National tourism strategy
Online travel sales still lag behind offline sales
Burgas bombing raises tourist security issues
Low cost carriers remain the fastest growing transportation segment
Alternative tourism on the rise
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources