- Tourist attractions grew healthily in 2013 with both parameters of number of visitors and total value sales increasing. Good weather conditions, mainly in the summer months, encouraged local residents to travel more and enjoy the beloved and famous tourist attractions. Even though tourism flows inbound decreased slightly in 2013, the international tourists that came to Denmark enjoyed the nice weather and, consequently, went out and visited more of the available attractions. Thus, in 2013 more visitors came to experience and enjoy the broad selection of tourist attractions that Denmark has to offer.
- The tourist attractions category is expected to continue its positive development over the forecast period. Positive forecasts for growth in domestic tourism and tourism flows inbound will increase the number of visitors in Danish tourist attractions by 7% in 2013-2018. The intensified international branding of Denmark and constant product development across the entire travel and tourism market will stimulate growth as well. Due to instability in the economic climate, consumer price-sensitivity and more attractions being available for free visits, total value sales are set to grow by 3% in constant value terms over the forecast period. Both museums and zoos/aquariums are categories that are expected to grow healthily over the forecast period, with the number of visitors set to grow by 13% for each. The recent reopening of the national aquarium and the expected reopening after construction in the autumn of 2014 of Moesgård Museum in Aarhus are examples to explain the projected forecast period growth rates.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Tourist Attractions Market Research Report
Sample Tourist Attractions Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Tourist Attractions industry in Denmark with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Tourist Attractions industry in Denmark, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Tourist Attractions in Denmark market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Tourist Attractions in Denmark?
- What are the leading visitor attractions in Denmark?
- How are casinos performing?
- Are theme/amusement parks increasing in sales?
- Is there an increase in visitors to museums?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Tourist Attractions in Denmark - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Tourist Attractions Sales by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 2 Tourist Attractions Visitors by Category 2008-2013
- Table 3 Tourist Attractions Sales by Channel: Value 2008-2013
- Table 4 Leading Tourist Attractions by Visitors 2008-2013
- Table 5 Forecast Tourist Attractions Sales by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Tourist Attractions Visitors by Category 2013-2018
- Table 7 Forecast Tourist Attractions Sales by Channel: Value 2013-2018
Travel and Tourism in Denmark - Industry Context
Growth in domestic and outbound tourism
Decline in tourism flows inbound
Developments in Copenhagen stimulate tourism growth
Online sales continue to gain in importance
Positive forecast for travel and tourism in Denmark
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age 2008-2013
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips: % Breakdown 2008-2013
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2008-2013
- Summary 2 Research Sources