- The number of visitors to tourist attractions in Hungary grew by 1% in 2012 while value sales of tourist attractions grew by 3% due to increases in the pricing of entry tickets and growth in the number of inbound visitors, which compensated for the decline in number of domestic visitors. The number of domestic visitors to tourist attractions declined in 2012 due to the limited budget among Hungarians for travelling as a result of which many domestic tourists opted to visit the capital city, Budapest, less often. This city is the most endowed city in Hungary with tourist attractions.
- The main threat to the forecast period growth of tourist attractions lies in the growing number of inbound tourists with a low budget who seek entertainment in bars, pubs and at youth festivals but who do not have a dedicated budget for cultural activities. The expansive strategy of low cost carriers is expected to contribute to this trend. However, the positioning of Budapest as a leading cultural tourist destination has the potential to counteract this trend, especially as tourists from new origin countries for example China and South Korea want to enjoy the cultural attractions of Budapest.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Tourist Attractions Market Research Report
Sample Tourist Attractions Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Tourist Attractions industry in Hungary with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Tourist Attractions industry in Hungary, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Tourist Attractions in Hungary market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Tourist Attractions in Hungary?
- What are the leading visitor attractions in Hungary?
- How are casinos performing?
- Are theme/amusement parks increasing in sales?
- Is there an increase in visitors to museums?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Tourist Attractions in Hungary - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Tourist Attractions Sales by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Tourist Attractions Visitors by Category 2007-2012
- Table 3 Tourist Attractions Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 4 Leading Tourist Attractions by Visitors 2007-2012
- Table 5 Forecast Tourist Attractions Sales by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Tourist Attractions Visitors by Category 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Tourist Attractions Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Travel and Tourism in Hungary - Industry Context
Low cost carriers gain strength in air in 2012
Demand for health and wellness holidays eases the effect of seasonality
Low purchasing power of Hungarians affects domestic and outbound tourism
Influx of backpackers since rapid development of low cost carrier routes
Profitability of travel accommodation remains low amid intensive price wars
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Higher positioning of Budapest and Hungary is the core strategy of Magyar Turizmus Rt
Launch of the Szechenyi Recreational Card proves to be successful
Fast growth for mobile booking
Health and wellness tourism, a driver of Hungarian travel and tourism
Travel retailers forced to follow a risk averse strategy
The effects of Malév Hungarian Airlines Rt’s bankruptcy on travel and tourism
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources