- Tourist attractions volumes grew by 1%, reaching visitor numbers of 18 million in 2012. Current value sales stagnated, resulting in a total of NOK611 million. Negative unit price development resulted from suppliers seeking to increase visitor numbers; they therefore avoided unit price increases. Tourist attractions such as theme/amusement parks suffered from bad summer weather, and there were many price-based campaigns that aimed to attract more visitors.
- The number of visitors in tourist attractions is projected to rise at a CAGR of 1% over the forecast period, while constant value sales will stagnate. The fact that domestic and inbound tourism are both expected to see slow growth will be limit the development of the tourist attractions category. The number of visitors within the small categories of theatres and circuses will decline, while visitor numbers to museums, national parks/areas of natural beauty and theme/amusement parks will each post a 1% CAGR, which in turn will ensure the overall tourist attractions category sees positive growth.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Tourist Attractions Market Research Report
Sample Tourist Attractions Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Tourist Attractions industry in Norway with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Tourist Attractions industry in Norway, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Tourist Attractions in Norway market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Tourist Attractions in Norway?
- What are the leading visitor attractions in Norway?
- How are casinos performing?
- Are theme/amusement parks increasing in sales?
- Is there an increase in visitors to museums?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Tourist Attractions in Norway - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Tourist Attractions Sales by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Tourist Attractions Visitors by Category 2007-2012
- Table 3 Tourist Attractions Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 4 Leading Tourist Attractions by Visitors 2007-2012
- Table 5 Forecast Tourist Attractions Sales by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Tourist Attractions Visitors by Category 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Tourist Attractions Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Travel and Tourism in Norway - Industry Context
Downturn continues to impact travel and tourism
Unit price developments impact performance
Internet channel maturing; mobile sales have potential in some categories
Sustainable travel and tourism products and services can boost sales
Sales growth of travel products will be moderate during the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Innovation Norway promotes development of value-added nature tourism
Norway abandons a draft law to restrict foreign bus operations in the country
Online sales offer further potential, some categories maturing
Competition in air travel affects growth
Nature segment most important, but new products and services needed
Sustainability to be an integral part of travel and tourism operator strategies
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources