- Travel retail sales grew by 1% to reach NOK24 billion in 2012. Growth was restrained by declining sales of other travel retail and the weak growth of flight sales, which together account for around half of total travel retail sales. The biggest generator of sales in other travel retail category was currency exchange that saw a downward trend in sales by a rate of 1% in current value terms impacting the total sales negatively.
- VIA Travel Norge AS was the leading travel retailer in Norway in 2012 with a stable current value share of 17%, unchanged from the previous year. The company’s share increased by three percentage points over the course of the review period. Berg Hansen Reisebureau Agder AS was ranked second with 16%, up by two percentage points since 2007. Both companies concentrated on leisure travel retail and were well-known and trusted travel retailers.
- Constant value sales within the travel retail category are expected to rise at 1% CAGR during the forecast period. Growth is set to be restrained by the decline of the other travel retail category, which is expected to decline by 1% annually due to the decline of currency exchange services. Most categories set to see the strongest performances are travel retail accommodation with a 4% CAGR; travel retail cruise sales with a 3% CAGR; and travel retail flights and package holidays with a constant value CAGR of 2%.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Travel Retail Market Research Report
Sample Travel Retail Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Travel Retail industry in Norway with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Travel Retail industry in Norway, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Travel Retail in Norway market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Travel Retail in Norway?
- What are the major brands in Norway?
- Is there movement away from accommodation only and flight only to package holidays?
- Are value added segments like spa packages and cruise performing well?
- Is online travel retail outpacing offline sales?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Travel Retail in Norway - Category Analysis
CORPORATE BUSINESS TRAVEL
- Table 1 Travel Retail Sales by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Travel Retail Corporate Business Sales: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Travel Retail Leisure Sales: Value 2007-2012
- Table 4 Travel Retail Online Sales by Category: Internet Transaction Value 2007-2012
- Table 5 Travel Retail National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 6 Travel Retail Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 7 Forecast Travel Retail Sales by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Travel Retail Corporate Business Sales: Value 2012-2017
- Table 9 Forecast Travel Retail Leisure Sales: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Forecast Travel Retail Online Sales by Category: Internet Transaction Value 2012-2017
Travel Retail in Norway - Company Profiles
Startour-Stjernereiser AS in Travel and Tourism (Norway)
- Summary 1 Startour-Stjernereiser AS: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Startour-Stjernereiser AS: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Startour-Stjernereiser AS: Competitive Position 2012
Travel and Tourism in Norway - Industry Context
Downturn continues to impact travel and tourism
Unit price developments impact performance
Internet channel maturing; mobile sales have potential in some categories
Sustainable travel and tourism products and services can boost sales
Sales growth of travel products will be moderate during the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Innovation Norway promotes development of value-added nature tourism
Norway abandons a draft law to restrict foreign bus operations in the country
Online sales offer further potential, some categories maturing
Competition in air travel affects growth
Nature segment most important, but new products and services needed
Sustainability to be an integral part of travel and tourism operator strategies
- Table 11 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 12 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 13 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 14 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 5 Research Sources