- Australia has, on a per capita basis, one of the biggest vitamins and dietary supplements categories in the world. It also displayed significant growth over the last five years, due to a mixture of strong branding by leading companies such as Blackmores and Swisse Wellness, the ageing population, and, in 2013 in particular, considerable interest in krill oil.
- The competition to be the leading manufacturer in vitamins and dietary supplements in Australia was a close race in 2014, with only a few percentage points separating the top three players. Both Swisse Wellness Pty Ltd and Blackmores Ltd held 15%, whilst previous category leader Sanofi-Aventis Healthcare feel from 16% value market in 2013 down to 14% in 2014.
- The prospects for vitamins and dietary supplements will be determined by the extent to which prices continue to erode. With major categories such as combination dietary supplements and multivitamins continuing to stagnate, much will depend on whether the promising smaller categories currently experiencing strong growth will continue on their upwards trajectory. Spirulina is expected to have particularly strong prospects , with Euromonitor International predicting value sales of AUD75 million by 2019, up from AUD40 million in 2014. Although spirulina has had a strong presence in healthfood stores for several years, it is only recently that they have become more widely available through parapharmacies/ drugstores and supermarkets. Being more obviously “natural” than most other supplements, spirulina will not likely face the consumer scepticism that often faces vitamins and dietary supplements.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Market Research Report
Sample Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Australia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Australia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Australia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Australia?
- What are the major brands in Australia?
- Which dietary supplement grew the fastest in the past year?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Australia - Category Analysis
- Summary 1 Dietary Supplements: Brand Ranking by Positioning 2015
- Summary 2 Multivitamins: Brand Ranking by Positioning 2015
- Table 1 Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Multivitamins by Positioning: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Positioning: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Vitamins: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Consumer Health in Australia - Industry Context
Consumer health registers slower growth in 2014
The ageing population remains a key growth driver
Swisse Wellness led overall consumer health in 2014
Growth of parapharmacies/drugstores
Growth expected to slow over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Growing influence of private label
Regulations inhibit growth
- Table 11 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2009-2014
- Table 12 Life Expectancy at Birth 2009-2014
- Table 13 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 15 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 16 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 17 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 18 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 19 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 3 Research Sources