- Vitamins and dietary supplements grew by 9% in 2012, to reach sales of A$1.8 billion. The products are popular in Australia, with a high penetration rate amongst consumers. Health and wellness trends in Australian society and consumers seeking to pre-emptively avoid falling ill are two factors encouraging the supplementation of Australian diets. Concerns around the length of time foodstuffs spend in transit and storage also supported sales of vitamins and dietary supplements, as consumers are concerned that their required nutritional intake is not being met by diet alone.
- Blackmores was the leading brand in Australian vitamins and dietary supplements, with Blackmores Ltd accounting for 17% of sales in 2012. The brand celebrated its 80th year in 2012. The company benefits from a natural image and Australian provenance. The company’s offerings have broad retail distribution across the country and the company itself benefits from a well-respected and trusted brand name. The Blackmores brand was voted Australia’s most trusted vitamins and dietary supplements brand according to Reader’s Digest.
- The vitamins and dietary supplements category is expected to see constant value sales rise at a 3% CAGR over the forecast period. Consumers will continue to value their health over this period, which will lead them to continue to choose products in this category in a bid to remain in peak condition and reduce the chances of falling ill.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Market Research Report
Sample Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Australia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Australia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Australia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Australia?
- What are the major brands in Australia?
- Which dietary supplement grew the fastest in the past year?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Australia - Category Analysis
- Summary 1 Dietary Supplements: Brand Ranking by Positioning 2012
- Table 1 Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Multivitamin by Positioning 2007-2012
- Table 4 Dietary Supplements by Positioning 2007-2012
- Table 5 Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 6 Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Vitamins Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 8 Dietary Supplements Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Australia - Company Profiles
Blackmores Ltd in Consumer Health (Australia)
- Summary 2 Blackmores Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Blackmores Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
Pharmacare Laboratories Pty Ltd in Consumer Health (Australia)
- Summary 4 Pharmacare Laboratories Pty Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Pharmacare Laboratories Pty Ltd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 Pharmacare Laboratories Pty Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
Swisse Vitamins Pty Ltd in Consumer Health (Australia)
- Summary 7 Swisse Vitamins Pty Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 8 Swisse Vitamins Pty Ltd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 9 Swisse Vitamins Pty Ltd: Production Statistics 2012
- Summary 10 Swisse Vitamins Pty Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
Consumer Health in Australia - Industry Context
Sales see period of strong growth
Demographics and urbanisation shape consumer health developments
Blackmores leads brand sales
Health and beauty retailers hold ground against supermarkets’ expansion
Various factors drive forecast period growth potential
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
The economy: the best of times, the worst of times
Holistic approach to health care
Self-medication grows in importance with demand for health care
Distribution channel shifts
- Table 11 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 12 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 15 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 16 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 17 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 18 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 19 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 11 OTC: Switches 2010-2012
- Summary 12 Research Sources