- As sales growth remains steady, the emergence of new selling points including chemists/pharmacies, drugstores/parapharmacies, modern supermarkets and warehouse clubs, has continued to increase local buyers’ awareness in regard to the availability of vitamins and dietary supplements in Costa Rica. New product launches (mostly pills and capsules) that adopted a mass-orientated approach to target a wider base of mid-income consumers, along with a more-informed base of buyers that readjusted their expending capacity due to economic restrictions, consolidated as the main trends influencing the demand for the category in the country during 2015.
- GNC Costa Rica SA remained the main reference within vitamins and dietary supplements during 2015, posting a 19% retail value sales growth rate. This health retailer’s popularity is based on its high-quality reputation and the integral lifestyle approach that it takes. Often its consumers are educated high-mid-income buyers, who are more proactive in regard to taking preventive measures and practising exercise and other ways to maintain their wellbeing. In second place in 2015 was Grupo Farmanova Intermed SA, which accounted for a 7% retail value share, thanks to the good sales performance of Pharmaton, which remains quite popular as a multivitamin option prescribed by healthcare specialists. The remaining players’ shares remained quite fragmented with a vast base of brands and products available that are similar in nature but vary in price and functional claims.
- As more locals become interested in adopting more-integral nutritional approaches that interact further with holistic lifestyles, the demand for vitamins and supplements should grow again over the forecast period, with penetration levels increasing among a wider base of mid-income buyers. The greater awareness of functional foods and beverages (as well as superfoods) should be reflected in new product developments over the 2015-2020 period, influencing the appearance of additional formats and delivery mechanisms, such as powder mix formulations based on natural ingredients that can be added to foods and drinks, particularly during breakfast.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Market Research Report
Sample Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Costa Rica with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Costa Rica, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Costa Rica market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Costa Rica?
- What are the major brands in Costa Rica?
- Which dietary supplement grew the fastest in the past year?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Costa Rica - Category Analysis
SUPPLEMENT NUTRITION DRINKS
- Summary 1 Dietary Supplements: Brand Ranking by Positioning 2015
- Summary 2 Multivitamins: Brand Ranking by Positioning 2015
- Table 1 Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Positioning: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Fish Oils/Omega Fatty Acids by Type: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Paediatric Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Type: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Multivitamins by Positioning: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 9 LBN Brand Shares of Vitamins: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Costa Rica - Company Profiles
Bayer Centroamérica y El Caribe in Consumer Health (Costa Rica)
- Summary 3 Bayer Centroamérica y El Caribe: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Bayer Centroamérica y El Caribe: Competitive Position 2015
GNC Costa Rica SA in Consumer Health (Costa Rica)
- Summary 5 GNC Costa Rica SA: Key Facts
- Summary 6 GNC Costa Rica SA: Competitive Position 2015
Laboratorios Stein in Consumer Health (Costa Rica)
- Summary 7 Laboratorios Stein: Key Facts
- Summary 8 Laboratorios Stein: Competitive Position 2015
Total Natural SA in Consumer Health (Costa Rica)
- Summary 9 Total Natural SA: Key Facts
- Summary 10 Total Natural SA: Competitive Position 2015
Consumer Health in Costa Rica - Industry Context
Stable growth characterises consumer health development over 2015
Informed buyers become more active in choosing which consumer health product to purchase
Competition dynamics lead to discounts and promotions
Healthcare specialists relevance prevails in sales
Healthier lifestyles are anticipated to increase in relevance
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Distribution dynamics in OTC drugs lead to significant differences in price
Health-conscious eating and functional foods start to take momentum from traditional dietary supplements
- Table 13 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2010-2015
- Table 14 Life Expectancy at Birth 2010-2015
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 17 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 18 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 19 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 20 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 11 Research Sources