- With the new regulation from EFSA, clarity regarding the offering of dietary supplements improved, and consequently trust in such products was restored. As a result, dietary supplements performed better than vitamins in 2015. Thus, as a whole, vitamins and dietary supplements increased by 2% in current terms in 2015, a similar performance compared to the average of the review period.
- Vitamins and dietary supplements is a fragmented category in France, with more than 60 players competing within it. Laboratoires Arkopharma led the category with a 13% value share in 2015. With a natural and herbal positioning, this player owns several highly recognised brands, including Arkogélules, Naturland and Cys-Control, to name just a few. In addition to the strong image and quality of its brands, the company’s products enjoyed excellent price positioning, along with a very popular merchandising presence in chemists/pharmacies. All these advantages allowed the company to increase its value sales and to reinforce slightly its value share in 2015.
- The ageing population will be a major contributor to the development of this category over the forecast period. The French want to live longer and stay in shape, so they are increasingly adopting healthy lifestyles. These new practices include the prevention of diseases with the use of vitamins and dietary supplements. Natural and free of chemicals and more controlled due to new EFSA legislation, these products are likely to have a growing consumer base over the forecast period.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Market Research Report
Sample Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in France with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in France, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in France market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in France?
- What are the major brands in France?
- Which dietary supplement grew the fastest in the past year?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in France - Category Analysis
- Summary 1 Dietary Supplements: Brand Ranking by Positioning 2015
- Summary 2 Multivitamins: Brand Ranking by Positioning 2015
- Table 1 Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Positioning: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Fish Oils/Omega Fatty Acids by Type: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Paediatric Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Type: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Tonics and Bottled Nutritive Drinks by Positioning: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 7 Sales of Multivitamins by Positioning: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 8 NBO Company Shares of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 9 LBN Brand Shares of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Vitamins: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in France - Company Profiles
Laboratoires Arkopharma SA in Consumer Health (France)
- Summary 3 Laboratoires Arkopharma SA: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Laboratoires Arkopharma SA: Operational Indicators
- Summary 5 Laboratoires Arkopharma SA: Competitive Position 2015
Laboratoires URGO SAS in Consumer Health (France)
- Summary 6 Laboratoires URGO SAS: Key Facts
- Summary 7 Laboratoires URGO SAS: Operational Indicators
- Summary 8 Laboratoires URGO SAS: Competitive Position 2015
Oenobiol SAS, Laboratoire in Consumer Health (France)
- Summary 9 Laboratoire Oenobiol SAS: Key Facts
- Summary 10 Laboratoire Oenobiol SAS: Competitive Position 2015
Consumer Health in France - Industry Context
Several factors prevent better performances
Medical devices used to circumvent the law and increase credibility among consumers
Small specialised players perform better than leading companies
Chemists/pharmacies will stay the most important distribution channel
Modest performances over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Consumers are increasingly proactive about staying healthy
Manufacturers launch consumer health products under the status of medical devices
The monopoly of chemists/pharmacists within OTC medicines will remain unchanged
- Table 14 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2010-2015
- Table 15 Life Expectancy at Birth 2010-2015
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 20 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 21 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 22 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements: registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 11 OTC: Switches 2013-2015
- Summary 12 Research Sources