- Thanks to current public health initiatives to promote the use of vitamins and dietary supplements, there is growing awareness of the contribution of various vitamins and dietary supplements to healthy living. Awareness was also stimulated by the direct selling agents of manufacturers of leading herbal/traditional dietary supplements, including Forever Living Products Kenya, Tianshi Health Products and GNLD Kenya. A growing proportion of the population now consumes various supplements on a regular basis, as they move towards preventative health care.
- The leading company in vitamins and dietary supplements in 2013 was Medley Pharmaceuticals, with a value share of 18%.
- Vitamins and dietary supplements is expected to see a value CAGR of 2% at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period, in line with the increase in the number of health-conscious consumers in Kenya.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Market Research Report
Sample Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Kenya with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Kenya, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Kenya market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Kenya?
- What are the major brands in Kenya?
- Which dietary supplement grew the fastest in the past year?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Kenya - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Multivitamins by Positioning: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Positioning: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Vitamins: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Kenya - Company Profiles
Biodeal Laboratories Ltd in Consumer Health (Kenya)
- Summary 1 Biodeal Laboratories Limited: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Biodeal Laboratories Ltd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Biodeal Laboratories: Competitive Position 2013
Medley Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd in Consumer Health (Kenya)
- Summary 4 Summary : Medley Pharmaceuticals Ltd : Key Facts
- Summary 5 Medley Pharmaceuticals Ltd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 Medley Pharmaceuticals Ltd: Competitive Position 2013
Consumer Health in Kenya - Industry Context
Consumer health shows steady results
Self-medication continues to grow in Kenya
Pricing of medication in Kenya
GlaxoSmithKline East Africa continues to dominate consumer health in 2013
Independent drugstores remains the main distribution channel
Growth expected in the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Government spending on health in Kenya
Counterfeit drugs: a potential crisis for Kenya
Rising levels of self-medication amongst Kenyans
- Table 11 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 13 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 15 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 16 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 18 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 7 Research Sources