- The majority of consumers view the consumption of vitamins and dietary supplements as desirable, even though such products are often beyond the reach of many people. High-income households view them as essentials, and many buy them for use by family members. The multilevel marketing of nutrition supplements and health products from firms such as Tianshi, Swissgarde and GNLD has largely popularised the use of such products among the middle class.
- GlaxoSmithKline East Africa led value sales of paediatric vitamins and dietary supplements with a total share of 49% in 2012. This was due to the strong presence of its Scott’s Emulsion Cod Liver Oil and Scott’s Multivite Syrup brands, as well as its aggressive marketing strategies.
- The vitamins and dietary supplements category is expected to see a 1% constant value CAGR over the forecast period, in line with the increase in the number of health-conscious consumers in Kenya.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Market Research Report
Sample Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Kenya with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Kenya, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Kenya market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Kenya?
- What are the major brands in Kenya?
- Which dietary supplement grew the fastest in the past year?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Kenya - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Multivitamin by Positioning 2007-2012
- Table 4 Dietary Supplements by Positioning 2008-2012
- Table 5 Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 6 Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 7 Vitamins Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 8 Dietary Supplements Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Kenya - Company Profiles
Biodeal Laboratories Ltd in Consumer Health (Kenya)
- Summary 1 Biodeal Laboratories Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Biodeal Laboratories Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
Consumer Health in Kenya - Industry Context
High inflation rate slows growth
Self-medicating gains popularity
International manufacturers lead sales
Chemists/pharmacies led in retail channel in 2012
Positive prospects over forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Self-medication still on the rise
Growing demand for vitamins and dietary supplements
- Table 11 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 12 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 15 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 16 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 18 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
DE-LISTING OR DE-REIMBURSEMENT
Vitamins and dietary supplements’ registration and classification
- Summary 3 Research Sources