- With mounting pressure from life and work, more Russians are demanding vitamins and dietary supplements to enhance their immune systems, improve their health and to prevent diseases. Poor eating habits are also encouraging a large number of consumers in the major cities to take vitamins and dietary supplements to compensate for a lack of energy and nutrients. The Russian government officially recognises vitamin deficiency of citizens in most regions of the country, with deficiencies mostly concerning vitamins C, D and B, and also iron, calcium, selenium and iodine.
- OTCPharm and Evalar continued leading vitamins and dietary supplements in 2015, registering a 6% value share each. Their lead was attributable to the companies’ wide portfolio of brands that are represented in many categories of vitamins and dietary supplements, as well as more affordable unit price in comparison with their multinational competitors.
- Vitamins and dietary supplements is expected to show positive development with sluggish growth over the forecast period. An ageing population will continue to expand steadily over the forecast period, and self-care and self-medication will intensify with support from technological developments. All of these factors will favour demand for vitamins and dietary supplements. Healthy living and eating will likely make an enduring impact on the way consumers perceive and purchase vitamins and dietary supplements.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Market Research Report
Sample Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Russia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Russia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Russia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Russia?
- What are the major brands in Russia?
- Which dietary supplement grew the fastest in the past year?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Russia - Category Analysis
SUPPLEMENT NUTRITION DRINKS
- Summary 1 Dietary Supplements: Brand Ranking by Positioning 2014
- Summary 2 Multivitamins: Brand Ranking by Positioning 2014
- Table 1 Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Positioning: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Fish Oils/Omega Fatty Acids by Type: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Paediatric Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Type: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Tonics and Bottled Nutritive Drinks by Positioning: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 7 Sales of Multivitamins by Positioning: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 8 NBO Company Shares of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 9 LBN Brand Shares of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Vitamins: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Russia - Company Profiles
Akrikhin OAO in Consumer Health (Russia)
- Summary 3 Akrikhin OAO: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Akrikhin OAO: Operational Indicators
- Summary 5 Akrikhin OAO: Competitive Position 2015
Evalar ZAO in Consumer Health (Russia)
- Summary 6 Evalar ZAO: Key Facts
- Summary 7 Evalar ZAO: Competitive Position 2015
OTCPharm OAO in Consumer Health (Russia)
- Summary 8 OTCPharm OAO: Key Facts
- Summary 9 OTCPharm OAO: Competitive Position 2015
Sanofi-Aventis Russia in Consumer Health (Russia)
- Summary 10 Sanofi-Aventis Russia: Key Facts
- Summary 11 Sanofi-Aventis Russia: Competitive Position 2015
Consumer Health in Russia - Industry Context
Effects of economic downturn become significantly visible
Government continues to actively regulate consumer health by introducing new pieces of legislation and support programmes
Established players maintain their leadership in 2015
Chemists/pharmacies is the typical channel to buy consumer health products in Russia
Long-term prospects are not bright for consumer health in Russia
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Worsening economic situation in Russia changes consumer behaviour
Government continues to develop regulation on consumer health
The growing acceptance of self-medication in Russia
CITY KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 14 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2010-2015
- Table 15 Life Expectancy at Birth 2010-2015
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 20 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 21 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
OTC registration and classification
Packaging and labelling
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 12 Research Sources