- Though the decline in birth rate may have an unfavourable effect on the demand for paediatric vitamins, the ageing population, meanwhile, is presenting opportunities for growth for dietary supplements. With the decline in physical condition as one ages, dietary supplements are seen as helpful in warding off illnesses and in lengthening one’s productive years. As such, demand for products such as coenzyme Q10, fish oils/omega fatty acids, mineral supplements and glucosamine was vibrant in 2013 with the elderly being an important demographic group driving growth for these products.
- United Laboratories Inc remained the leader in vitamins and dietary supplements with its 30% value share in 2013. The company owns several products from branded ones to generics which together contribute to the company’s dominance of the category. Amongst Unilab’s strong brands are Ceelin, Revicon Forte, Enervon-C and Myra 300 E. The company is able to build consumer preference for its brands through adequate promotions, reasonable pricing and maintenance of a reputation for quality.
- With the expected continuing decline in birth rate until 2018, the elderly are predicted to remain as a significant market group for various dietary supplements. The desire to live a full life until one’s senior years is likewise projected to remain strong. This will continuously drive demand for products such as omega 3-6-9 (fish and non-fish), which is predicted to register the highest constant value CAGR of 13% over the forecast period. With the increase in risk of heart diseases as one ages, demand for products that provide protection against cardiovascular illnesses is expected to remain vibrant, especially amongst the elderly.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Market Research Report
Sample Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Philippines with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Philippines, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Philippines market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Philippines?
- What are the major brands in Philippines?
- Which dietary supplement grew the fastest in the past year?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in the Philippines - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Dietary Supplements: Brand Ranking by Positioning 2013
- Table 2 Multivitamins: Brand Ranking by Positioning 2013
- Table 3 Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 Sales of Multivitamins by Positioning: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 6 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Positioning: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 9 LBN Brand Shares of Vitamins: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in the Philippines - Company Profiles
Pfizer Philippines Inc in Consumer Health (Philippines)
- Summary 1 Pfizer Philippines Inc: Competitive Position 2013
Tynor Drug House Inc in Consumer Health (Philippines)
- Summary 2 Tynor Drug House Inc: Competitive Position 2013
United Laboratories Inc in Consumer Health (Philippines)
- Summary 3 United Laboratories Inc: Competitive Position 2013
Consumer Health in the Philippines - Industry Context
Consumer health slows down in 2013
Herbal/traditional product choices increase
United Laboratories Inc sustains its leadership in 2013
Distribution continues to be mainly through parapharmacies/drugstores
Improvements expected in the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Preference for branded products over generics remain
Choice of herbal/traditional products grows
Drugstores and pharmacies undergo changes and improvements
Government and industry players contribute towards improved health awareness
- Table 13 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 14 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 15 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 20 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 21 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 4 Research Sources