- Local consumers of vitamins and dietary supplements continued to welcome new product developments. The improving health consciousness among Filipinos and their support for preventive medications encourages manufacturers to come up with new brands, new product variants, and new formulations to suit the emerging needs of consumers. During 2012, the most interesting new product developments were characterised by new formats that help make consumption of these products easier and more convenient. One such product is was CalChews by Pascual Laboratories, which is a calcium supplement with magnesium and vitamin K in a chewy sweet format. This new format overcomes consumer reluctance to take these products as they often have an unpleasant aftertaste. Category leader United Laboratories also introduced Vitapops in the country, which is a vitamin C in pop rock format that makes taking vitamins a fun experience for children.
- United Laboratories maintained its leadership in vitamins and dietary supplements with a 31% value share in 2012. The company’s outright lead stems from its portfolio of strong brands in vitamins that appeal to different demographics. For instance, its Ceelin brand leads in paediatric vitamins and dietary supplements while Enervon C, Myra E, and Revicon Forte are aggressive performers in adult vitamins. Its success is also tied to its competitive pricing approach. The company’s brands have very strong brand equity, built through regular advertising campaigns featuring high-profile local celebrities.
- Vitamins and dietary supplements will continue to expand moderately during the forecast period. Health and wellness concerns among Filipinos will continue to drive performance. The prominence of preventive medication coupled with the more specific positioning of products in response to changing consumer lifestyles will boost demand for dietary supplements and vitamins. Furthermore, the expectation of a better economic performance in the country and the increase in employment will lead to greater consumer purchasing power in the medium term.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Market Research Report
Sample Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Philippines with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Philippines, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Philippines market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Philippines?
- What are the major brands in Philippines?
- Which dietary supplement grew the fastest in the past year?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in the Philippines - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Dietary Supplements: Brand Ranking by Positioning 2012
- Table 2 Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Multivitamin by Positioning 2007-2012
- Table 5 Dietary Supplements by Positioning 2007-2012
- Table 6 Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 7 Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 8 Vitamins Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 9 Dietary Supplements Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in the Philippines - Company Profiles
Pascual Laboratories Inc in Consumer Health (Philippines)
- Summary 1 Pascual Laboratories Inc: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Pascual Laboratories Inc: Competitive Position 2012
Philusa Corp in Consumer Health (Philippines)
- Summary 3 Philusa Corp: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Philusa Corp: Competitive Position 2012
United Laboratories Inc in Consumer Health (Philippines)
- Summary 5 United Laboratories Inc: Key Facts
- Summary 6 United Laboratories Inc: Competitive Position 2012
Consumer Health in the Philippines - Industry Context
Consumer health sees moderate growth in 2012
Filipinos evolve to become more health conscious
United Laboratories strengthens its foothold in the market
Parapharmacies/drugstores remains the major channel for consumer health
Consumer health to see positive growth in medium term
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Generics gains more attention
Manufacturers invest in new product formats
Manufacturers’ promotional campaigns strengthen their foothold
New product variants cater to faster-paced lifestyles
Social media nurtures better manufacturer/consumer relationships
- Table 12 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 13 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 16 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 17 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 18 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 19 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 7 Research Sources