- In 2013 vitamins and dietary supplements, in spite of being popular overall, failed to realise its potential to the full in Ukraine. The economic recession period was not over and many Ukrainians remained vulnerable due to low consumer incomes, pensioners in particular. This is why a number of people continued economising on vitamins and dietary supplements, even though aware of their benefits, buying the most necessary OTC products instead. Demand for vitamins and dietary supplements remained higher in cities where consumer incomes are usually higher and lifestyles more hectic, with preventative medication a stronger trend than in villages.
- In 2013, vitamins and dietary supplements was a most fragmented sector due to wide assortments of products available and a big number of players involved. The number one position belonged to Amway Ukraine TOV, which in spite of comparatively high prices of its vitamins and dietary supplements (Nutrilite range) appealed to consumers with the natural ingredients of its products, unlike synthetic vitamins which cause concerns about their efficacy compared to natural ones. In 2013, the company generated nearly 11% of retail sales value with its assortment widening significantly at the end of the review period, causing it to post the most dynamic gain of one percentage point in share. Amway Ukraine TOV additionally enhances its activities in Ukraine through advertisements via national television.
- Over the forecast period vitamins and dietary supplements is anticipated to grow at 4% constant value CAGR, with the dynamics being two times faster than over the review period. New categories which emerged at the end of the review period (eg protein supplements, co-enzyme Q10) will be contributing to the sector’s potential in future. Besides, consumption of products having long-standing presence in the market is also likely to increase provided consumer incomes grow, the highest likelihood being at the end of the forecast period. Ukrainians will be chasing preventative medication and health and wellness trends, finding vitamins and dietary supplements an excellent option for leading healthy lifestyles.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Market Research Report
Sample Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Ukraine with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Ukraine, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Ukraine market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Ukraine?
- What are the major brands in Ukraine?
- Which dietary supplement grew the fastest in the past year?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Ukraine - Category Analysis
- Summary 1 Dietary Supplements: Brand Ranking by Positioning 2013
- Summary 2 Multivitamins: Brand Ranking by Positioning 2013
- Table 1 Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Multivitamins by Positioning: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Positioning: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Vitamins: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Ukraine - Company Profiles
Borschahivsky KhFZ NVTs ZAT in Consumer Health (Ukraine)
- Summary 3 Borschahivsky KhFZ NVTs ZAT: Operational Indicators
- Summary 4 Borschahivsky KhFZ NVTs ZAT: Competitive Position 2013
Darnitsa FF ZAT in Consumer Health (Ukraine)
- Summary 5 Darnitsa FF ZAT: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 Darnitsa FF ZAT: Production Statistics 2012
- Summary 7 Darnitsa FF ZAT: Competitive Position 2013
Vitaminy PAT in Consumer Health (Ukraine)
- Summary 8 Vitaminy PAT: Operational Indicators
- Summary 9 Vitaminy PAT: Competitive Position 2013
Consumer Health in Ukraine - Industry Context
Healthy demand with growing unit prices further fuel consumer health in Ukraine
High self-medication levels make vitamins and dietary supplements demanded as preventative products
Local companies appeal with low prices whilst multinationals keep the lead
Chemists/phamacies are the first places to go when in need of consumer health products
Consumer health is expected to maintain positive dynamics in future
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Self-medication is rampant in Ukraine, driving consumer health in turn
Consumer base shrinking in Ukraine but life quailty expands
Vitamins and dietary supplements unaffordable for many – potential for growth processes
Chemists/pharmacies remain key distributors though pressed by newer channels
- Table 11 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 13 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 15 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 16 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 18 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 10 OTC: Switches 2011-2013
- Summary 11 Research Sources