- The popularity of impregnated wipes for uses such as taking care of babies’ skin and for sanitising all types of surfaces continues to increase in Costa Rica. The increasing availability of these products in modern grocery outlets at relatively affordable prices is the result of the higher levels of competition in the category and the free trade agreements which Costa Rica now has with countries such as the US. Nevertheless, wipes remains an incipient category in Costa Rica and demand is restricted mainly to high-income consumers. However, this does mean that there is ample room for product innovation and the category maintains strong potential to develop deeper levels of segmentation and this suggests that more wipes categories could become present in Costa Rica in the near future.
- Kimberly-Clark Costa Rica SA is the clear leader in wipes in Costa Rica, accounting for 69% of total retail value sales during 2012. The company’s leading baby wipes brand Huggies offers a wide range of products and deep levels of segmentation, with several brand extensions offering specific functional and value-added features. This allows the company to target a wide base of Costa Rican consumers. The rest of wipes value sales in Costa Rica remain quite fragmented, which is unsurprising given the incipient stage of development of demand for wipes among Costa Rican consumers, many of whom tend to consider wipes as unnecessary luxuries. In the case of disinfectant wipes, value sales are divided among the two leading brands Clorox by Clorox de Centroamerica SA and Lysol by Reckitt Benckiser Centroamerica SA. This is due to the top-of-mind position and widespread availability of these two brands.
- Over the forecast period, wipes in Costa Rica is expected to continue developing towards further segmentation of consumer needs. It is expected that the category’s leading companies will launch new and specialised products intended to be used for a broad number of applications, especially for home care and cleaning purposes. In addition, with the gradual removal of import taxes between Costa and the other countries which are party to recently signed free trade agreements signed, notably the US, the increase anticipated in the range of imported value-added wipes at relatively affordable prices in Costa Rica is expected to bring dynamism to the category.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Wipes Market Research Report
Sample Wipes Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Wipes industry in Costa Rica with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Wipes industry in Costa Rica, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Wipes in Costa Rica market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Wipes in Costa Rica?
- What are the major brands in Costa Rica?
- What is the biggest category within household care wipes?
- What are the key new product launches in the wipes market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tissue and Hygiene market research database.
Table of Contents
Wipes in Costa Rica - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Wipes by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Wipes by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Wipes Retail Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 4 Wipes Retail Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 5 Forecast Retail Sales of Wipes by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Wipes by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Tissue and Hygiene in Costa Rica - Industry Context
Modest growth rates are registered due to slow economic recovery
First-necessity and value-for-money products continue leading sales during 2012
New international competitors enter local market
Modern grocery retailers continue as the preferred outlets
Slow economic recovery could negatively affect sales of value-added products
- Table 7 Birth Rates 2007-2012
- Table 8 Infant Population 2007-2012
- Table 9 Female Population by Age 2007-2012
- Table 10 Total Population by Age 2007-2012
- Table 11 Households 2007-2012
- Table 12 Forecast Infant Population 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Female Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Total Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 15 Forecast Households 2012-2017
- Table 16 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 18 Tissue and Hygiene Retail Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 19 Tissue and Hygiene Retail Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 20 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 21 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 22 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 23 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017