- Wipes have steadily gained popularity in Costa Rica in recent years as increasingly busy lifestyles have strengthened consumer appreciation for the convenience of such products and rising disposable incomes have made them more affordable. In line with this trend, wipes has witnessed increasing segmentation, with manufacturers now offering a wide assortment of value-added products for specific usage occasions. Examples include ‘scented’ variants and products that have disinfectant properties, as well as wipes that are designed for optimum cleaning of different types of surfaces. This trend towards greater segmentation has been observed in both cleaning and personal wipes categories.
- Kimberly-Clark remained the clear leader in wipes in 2014, claiming an overall retail value share of 47% with its widely distributed Huggies brand. The Huggies range enjoys a strong early mover advantage in baby wipes, the largest category, and has a longstanding reputation for offering good quality products at competitive prices. Reckitt Benckiser Centroamerica SA, which offers the Lysol brand, was the second leading wipes player overall with a value share of 14%, closely followed by Clorox de Centroamerica SA and its Clorox brand with a 13% share. These two players dominated the all-purpose cleaning wipes category. Other prominent competitors in wipes in 2014 included Johnson & Johnson, International Distributions IMA SA and Distribuidora Lucema SA.
- Wipes will continue to perform well over the forecast period as disposable incomes in Costa Rica rise and the trend towards busier lifestyles further strengthens consumer appreciation for the convenience and versatility of these products. Marketing activities and improvements in retail distribution will also help to sustain the expansion of the entire category, as will further segmentation, particularly in underdeveloped areas such as intimate wipes.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Wipes Market Research Report
Sample Wipes Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Wipes industry in Costa Rica with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Wipes industry in Costa Rica, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Wipes in Costa Rica market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Wipes in Costa Rica?
- What are the major brands in Costa Rica?
- What is the biggest category within household care wipes?
- What are the key new product launches in the wipes market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tissue and Hygiene market research database.
Table of Contents
Wipes in Costa Rica - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Wipes by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Wipes by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Retail Wipes: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Wipes: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 5 Forecast Retail Sales of Wipes by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Wipes by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Wipes in Costa Rica - Company Profiles
Kimberly-Clark Costa Rica SA in Tissue and Hygiene (Costa Rica)
- Summary 1 Kimberly-Clark Costa Rica SA Key Facts
- Summary 2 Kimberly-Clark Costa Rica SA: Competitive Position 2014
Tissue and Hygiene in Costa Rica - Industry Context
Demand for tissue and hygiene products continues to grow steadily in 2014
Pricing and product availability are key competitive battlegrounds
Cheaper imports pose growing challenge to established tissue and hygiene players
Manufacturers focus on strengthening distribution via traditional channels
Greater segmentation and polarisation expected over the forecast period
- Table 7 Birth Rates 2009-2014
- Table 8 Infant Population 2009-2014
- Table 9 Female Population by Age 2009-2014
- Table 10 Total Population by Age 2009-2014
- Table 11 Households 2009-2014
- Table 12 Forecast Infant Population 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Female Population by Age 2014-2019
- Table 14 Forecast Total Population by Age 2014-2019
- Table 15 Forecast Households 2014-2019
- Table 16 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 20 Penetration of Private Label in Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 21 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 22 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 23 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 3 Research Sources