- The further growth in demand for wipes in Costa Rica was driven by price-based competition along with other differentiating factors related to the quality of the products, especially aromas and wipes’ resistance and texture. Both portable and at home packs continued performing well in sales, although given the better value offered by at home products it grew faster, benefiting from the wider range of options available. Both personal and cleaning wipes made use of additional levels of segmentation to penetrate a broader base of potential buyers, offering a mix of functional and value added features to suit specific use occasions and budget possibilities.
- Kimberly-Clark Costa Rica SA is the leader in wipes with a 48% value share in 2013, thanks to the strong positioning of its leading baby wipes brand Huggies. As well as having wide availability, the company also has a wide range of products and deep levels of segmentation which make its products very appealing to a wide range of potential buyers. Besides, this international manufacturer is capable of offering good quality products at affordable unit prices, which helps it maintain its strong positioning among consumers. In second and third place Reckitt Benckiser Centroamerica SA and Clorox de Centroamerica SA account for a respective 14% and 13% value share, benefiting from the strong awareness that their respective Lysol and Clorox brands have in cleaning wipes.
- Given its nascent status of wipes in Costa Rica, it is expected that manufacturers will continue segmenting and adding more specialised features to their products over the forecast period. They will extend their product lines further while developing other personal wipes subcategories at a faster pace, such as intimate and facial cleansing products. Home care wipes is also expected to see increased segmentation, moving towards increasing specialisation and incorporating additional features and offering better value to the expanding base of potential shoppers.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Wipes Market Research Report
Sample Wipes Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Wipes industry in Costa Rica with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Wipes industry in Costa Rica, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Wipes in Costa Rica market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Wipes in Costa Rica?
- What are the major brands in Costa Rica?
- What is the biggest category within household care wipes?
- What are the key new product launches in the wipes market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tissue and Hygiene market research database.
Table of Contents
Wipes in Costa Rica - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Wipes by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Wipes by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Retail Wipes: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Wipes: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 5 Forecast Retail Sales of Wipes by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Wipes by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Tissue and Hygiene in Costa Rica - Industry Context
Increasing penetration of economic goods limits value growth in 2013
Segmentation and polarisation are the main trends
Availability of new imported brands increases the competitive environment in Costa Rica
Modern grocery channels continue increasing in relevance
Further segmentation and premiumisation are expected over the forecast period
- Table 7 Birth Rates 2008-2013
- Table 8 Infant Population 2008-2013
- Table 9 Female Population by Age 2008-2013
- Table 10 Total Population by Age 2008-2013
- Table 11 Households 2008-2013
- Table 12 Forecast Infant Population 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Female Population by Age 2013-2018
- Table 14 Forecast Total Population by Age 2013-2018
- Table 15 Forecast Households 2013-2018
- Table 16 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 20 Penetration of Private Label in Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 21 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 22 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 23 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 1 Research Sources