- In light of increasingly busy consumer lifestyles, overall the wipes category continued to be the focus of growing demand in Switzerland, offering a convenient alternative to other types of cleaning in 2013. While baby wipes remained the largest category in both volume and value terms, accounting for over one third of total current value sales of wipes, a positive performance was seen in many wipes categories.
- Private label continued to hold a strong position in wipes in Switzerland in 2013, accounting for a combined share of 39% of total current value share. The majority of Swiss consumers are relatively price sensitive when it comes to home cleaning products, making the significantly cheaper private label wipes an attractive alternative to branded wipes. This attitude also applies to personal wipes, for which the share of private label is equally strong.
- The wipes category is expected to see good growth prospects over the forecast period. The largest category, baby wipes, will continue to benefit from a growing number of babies/infants due to birth rates that are expected to remain above replacement levels. Another factor driving growth will be the ongoing convenience trend, which will particularly support demand for home care wipes. Accordingly, impregnated wet wipes variants that allow consumers to save time and still achieve effective cleaning around the house are expected to be among the fastest growing types of wipes.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Wipes Market Research Report
Sample Wipes Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Wipes industry in Switzerland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Wipes industry in Switzerland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Wipes in Switzerland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Wipes in Switzerland?
- What are the major brands in Switzerland?
- What is the biggest category within household care wipes?
- What are the key new product launches in the wipes market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tissue and Hygiene market research database.
Table of Contents
Wipes in Switzerland - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Wipes by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Wipes by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Retail Wipes: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Wipes: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 5 Forecast Retail Sales of Wipes by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Wipes by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Wipes in Switzerland - Company Profiles
Iromedica AG in Tissue and Hygiene (Switzerland)
- Summary 1 Iromedica AG: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Iromedica AG: Production Statistics 2013
- Summary 3 Iromedica AG: Competitive Position 2013
Procter & Gamble Switzerland Sarl in Tissue and Hygiene (Switzerland)
- Summary 4 Procter & Gamble Switzerland Sarl: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Procter & Gamble Switzerland Sarl: Production Statistics 2013
- Summary 6 Procter & Gamble Switzerland Sarl: Competitive Position 2013
SCA Hygiene Products AG in Tissue and Hygiene (Switzerland)
- Summary 7 SCA Hygiene Products AG: Key Facts
- Summary 8 SCA Hygiene Products AG: Competitive Position 2013
Tissue and Hygiene in Switzerland - Industry Context
Sales of tissue and hygiene in Switzerland benefit from demographic trends
Private label continues to have a firm grip on tissue and hygiene in Switzerland
Little change in distribution as supermarkets remains the leading channel
Favourable demographic developments set to result in positive outlook
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Swiss tissue and hygiene registers steady performance despite economic worries
Demographic trends work in favour of tissue and hygiene in Switzerland
Supermarkets channel strengthens its position despite growing competition from other channels
- Table 7 Birth Rates 2008-2013
- Table 8 Infant Population 2008-2013
- Table 9 Female Population by Age 2008-2013
- Table 10 Total Population by Age 2008-2013
- Table 11 Households 2008-2013
- Table 12 Forecast Infant Population 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Female Population by Age 2013-2018
- Table 14 Forecast Total Population by Age 2013-2018
- Table 15 Forecast Households 2013-2018
- Table 16 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 20 Penetration of Private Label in Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 21 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 22 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 23 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 9 Research Sources