- Swiss consumers are now living more hectic lifestyles than ever before and this has led to is a growing demand for convenient products both in terms of home care and for personal care use. Perceived as a convenient and time-saving alternative to home care and personal care products, wipes posted positive growth in both value and volume terms in 2014.
- Migros Genossenschaftsbund led wipes in 2014. The company held the leading position in home care wipes and floor cleaning systems in 2014 with a value share of 31% and personal wipes with a value share of 24%. In particular, the company continued to dominate sales of floor cleaning systems with a value share of 45% in 2014. Migros’ strong position in the category is supported by its nationwide distribution network and the high quality of its private label products, which are highly trusted by Swiss consumers. The overall value share of Migros in wipes increased steadily over the course of the review period.
- Wipes is set to register moderate value growth at constant 2014 prices over the forecast period, with sales set to increase at a CAGR of 2% to rise to CHF69 million in 2019. Growth in the category over the forecast period is set to be marginally faster than the growth recorded over the review period. The convenience trend is expected to continue increasing demand for wipes, with the result that impregnated wet wipes which enable consumers to save time but still achieve effective cleaning results are expected to be among the fastest growing types of wipes.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Wipes Market Research Report
Sample Wipes Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Wipes industry in Switzerland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Wipes industry in Switzerland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Wipes in Switzerland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Wipes in Switzerland?
- What are the major brands in Switzerland?
- What is the biggest category within household care wipes?
- What are the key new product launches in the wipes market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tissue and Hygiene market research database.
Table of Contents
Wipes in Switzerland - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Wipes by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Wipes by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Retail Wipes: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Wipes: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 5 Forecast Retail Sales of Wipes by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Wipes by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Wipes in Switzerland - Company Profiles
Procter & Gamble Switzerland Sarl in Tissue and Hygiene (Switzerland)
- Summary 1 Procter & Gamble Switzerland Sarl: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Procter & Gamble Switzerland Sarl: Competitive Position 2014
SCA Hygiene Products AG in Tissue and Hygiene (Switzerland)
- Summary 3 SCA Hygiene Products AG: Key Facts
- Summary 4 SCA Hygiene Products AG: Competitive Position 2014
Tissue and Hygiene in Switzerland - Industry Context
Tissue and hygiene benefits from positive economic growth
Ageing population drives demand for hygiene products
Private label strengthens its position in tissue and hygiene
Discounters and internet retailing on the rise
Healthy economy and demographic development result in positive outlook
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
The strong Swiss economy supports the trend towards premium tissue and hygiene products
Private label strengthens its position
Ageing population continues to shape demand for hygiene products
- Table 7 Birth Rates 2009-2014
- Table 8 Infant Population 2009-2014
- Table 9 Female Population by Age 2009-2014
- Table 10 Total Population by Age 2009-2014
- Table 11 Households 2009-2014
- Table 12 Forecast Infant Population 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Female Population by Age 2014-2019
- Table 14 Forecast Total Population by Age 2014-2019
- Table 15 Forecast Households 2014-2019
- Table 16 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 20 Penetration of Private Label in Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 21 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 22 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 23 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 5 Research Sources