While current value sales will increase compared with the disastrous trading year of 2020, current value sales are still expected to be significantly below pre pandemic levels. With a fleet of 140,000 cars that are largely dependent on foreign tourists and with occupancy rate of 75% needed for the sector to be profitable, the outlook is not expected to be good in 2021.
In total, there are 10,000 car rental companies in Morocco, of which 200 represent 60% of the sector’s total turnover. The remaining 40% comprises very small operators that were already struggling financially prior to the pandemic.
As COVID-19, along with social distancing, is expected to remain a part of everyday life for several years to come, tourists will be more likely to rent their own cars as opposed to using public transport such as coaches, buses, or trains. It is therefore anticipated that car rental companies should register a recovery over the forecast period.
Following months of lockdown restrictions and social distancing in countries around the world, consumers are eager to travel again independently. The fact that car rental offers tourists the chance to plan their day as they wish and to take the time to enjoy beauty spots at their own pace, bodes well for car rental.
Files are delivered directly into your account soon after payment is received and any tax is certification is verified (where applicable).
This report comes in PDF with additional info in Excel included.
Understand the latest market trends and future growth opportunities for the Car Rental (Destination) industry in Morocco with research from Euromonitor International's team of in-country analysts – experts by industry and geographic specialisation.
Key trends are clearly and succinctly summarised alongside the most current research data available. Understand and assess competitive threats and plan corporate strategy with our qualitative analysis, insight and confident growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental (Destination) industry in Morocco, our research will help you to make informed, intelligent decisions; to recognise and profit from opportunity, or to offer resilience amidst market uncertainty.
Car rental covers the short-term rental of passenger vehicles for self-drive by both business and leisure users, whether from the airport or downtown locations. Trucks and commercial vans are excluded. Car rental value covers the price of car hire to the consumer. Ancillary revenues are included, such as the hire of baby car seats, GPS navigation systems, optional roadside assistance services and collision and damage waivers. Volume is provided by the number of car hire transactions, fleet size and number of car rental operators. In underdeveloped markets, car rental companies offer chauffeur-driven cars. Most people prefer these options, due to unfamiliarity with the roads. Euromonitor International includes chauffeur-driven cars in car rental, when they concern car rental companies such as Hertz or Avis, which offer a chauffeur-driven service as an additional option. Car rental covers sales to inbound tourists and domestic tourists. i.e. from a destination point of view (also known as point of supply). For example, if a US citizen books a car rental service in France via the US offices of Hertz, the sales are attributed to Hertz France. The same applies for online sales. Car rental excludes long-term leasing, commercial vehicles, trucks and motorbikes and local car sharing schemes.See All of Our Definitions
This report originates from Passport, our Car Rental (Destination) research and analysis database.
If you purchase a report that is updated in the next 60 days, we will send you the new edition and data extraction Free!