- SCA Group acquired Everbeauty Corp in mid-2012 and the latter’s EQ diapers brand. EQ is the second most popular brand in the Philippines for nappies/diapers/pants and SCA Group, through Everbeauty Corp, now accounts for over 25% of sales. EQ ranked second behind Procter & Gamble’s Pampers brand in 2012.
- Procter & Gamble was the leading player in 2012, recording total value sales of Ps4 billion due to the popularity of its Pampers brand. The company’s brands continue to be widely distributed in stores and are popular among consumers looking for quality. High value sales can also be attributed to the higher price of Pampers products.
- Nappies/diapers/pants has a moderate projected forecast period constant value CAGR of 4% thanks to population growth, with about two million births expected each year.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Nappies/Diapers/Pants Market Research Report
Sample Nappies/Diapers/Pants Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Nappies/Diapers/Pants industry in Philippines with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Nappies/Diapers/Pants industry in Philippines, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Nappies/Diapers/Pants in Philippines market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Nappies/Diapers/Pants in Philippines?
- What are the major brands in Philippines?
- How are decreasing birth rates in developed economies impact the sales of nappies/diapers/pants?
- Which countries offer the biggest potential for environmentally friendly nappies/diapers?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tissue and Hygiene market research database.
Table of Contents
Nappies/Diapers/Pants in the Philippines - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Nappies/Diapers/Pants by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Nappies/Diapers/Pants by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Nappies/Diapers/Pants Retail Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 4 Nappies/Diapers/Pants Retail Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 5 Forecast Retail Sales of Nappies/Diapers/Pants by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Nappies/Diapers/Pants by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Nappies/Diapers/Pants in the Philippines - Company Profiles
Fiberline Industries Inc in Tissue and Hygiene (Philippines)
- Summary 1 Fiberline Industries Inc: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Fiberline Industries Inc: Competitive Position 2012
Philusa Corp in Tissue and Hygiene (Philippines)
- Summary 3 Philusa Corp: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Philusa Corp: Competitive Position 2012
Tissue and Hygiene in the Philippines - Industry Context
Tissue and hygiene buoyed by rosy economy and rising middle class
Rising awareness pushing companies to go “green”
Procter and Gamble Philippines retains lead position in value sales terms
Supermarkets is main channel for sale of tissue and hygiene products
Overall forecast more optimistic for tissue and hygiene over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
More companies reach out to customers digitally
More companies adopt ‘green’ practices
Brand loyalty slackens for hygiene products as economy brands gain share
SCA Group acquires Everbeauty Corp’s brands
Price pressure increases within both AFH and retail tissue
- Table 7 Birth Rates 2007-2012
- Table 8 Infant Population 2007-2012
- Table 9 Female Population by Age 2007-2012
- Table 10 Total Population by Age 2007-2012
- Table 11 Households 2007-2012
- Table 12 Forecast Infant Population 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Female Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Total Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 15 Forecast Households 2012-2017
- Table 16 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 18 Tissue and Hygiene Retail Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 19 Tissue and Hygiene Retail Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 20 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 21 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 22 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 23 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 5 Research Sources