- Dog food is expected to witness an improvement in 2013, posting current value growth of 5% following a 10% decline in 2013, mainly as a result of regulatory issues. As companies work to make their products comply with new government regulations, value sales are picking up. Volume growth, although improving over 2013, will remain negative in 2014 owing to higher unit prices and the fact that dog ownership is still not hugely popular in the country owing to religious and social restrictions. Growth will be mainly driven by a small rise in the dog population among a limited expatriate community.
- In 2014, dog food manufacturers are expected to recover the sales and share lost during 2013 due to new government regulations. However, dog food is expected to remain a small category despite the return of various products, albeit with new formulations. Manufacturers such as Mars and Royal Canin are expected to further push volume growth mainly through in-store promotions, which should boost their value shares.
- As manufacturers respond swiftly to the new regulations issued by the Saudi government, it is expected that dog food will gradually start to recover from the decline witnessed in 2013. Brands from leading companies such as Royal Canin and Mars have already started to return to store shelves in most retail channels. Although dog food is expected to remain small owing to the conservative approach towards dogs as pets in the Muslim state, the category is predicted an improved performance as the regulatory hurdle is overcome. Over the forecast period the category is set to post a value CAGR of 4% at constant 2014 prices, which will compare favourably to the review period CAGR decline of 1%.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Dog Food Market Research Report
Sample Dog Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Dog Food industry in Saudi Arabia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Dog Food industry in Saudi Arabia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Dog Food in Saudi Arabia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Dog Food in Saudi Arabia?
- What are the major brands in Saudi Arabia?
- How fast are consumers trading up to prepared dog food?
- How have pet specialists fared in recent years?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Dog Food in Saudi Arabia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Dog Owning Households: % Analysis 2009-2014
- Table 2 Dog Population 2009-2014
- Table 3 Consumption of Dog Food by Prepared vs Non-prepared: % Analysis 2009-2014
- Summary 1 Dog Food by Price Band 2014
- Table 4 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 5 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 6 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 7 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 8 Sales of Premium Dog Food by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Treats: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Pet Care in Saudi Arabia - Industry Context
New regulations adversely impact the market
Market set to recover in 2014
Mars Inc continues to maintain a comfortable lead
Supermarkets and hypermarkets gain strength
Pet care set for healthy growth
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Market underperforms owing to new government regulations
Western influences continue to affect lifestyle
Modern grocery retailers increase their presence
- Table 16 Pet Populations 2009-2014
- Table 17 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 18 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 19 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 20 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 25 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 26 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 27 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 28 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 29 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 32 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 33 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 2 Research Sources