- Attitudes towards dog ownership continue to change only very slowly in Saudi Arabia and dogs are largely only kept by the expatriate community in the country. This is due to cultural and religious factors, with Saudi Arabia being an Islamic country. Islamic law considers dogs to be unclean. Nonetheless, there was a gradual rise in the dog population during 2012 and 2013 in addition to ongoing interest in premium brands and more specialist products in dog food, which had a positive impact on volume and value sales, respectively.
- Dog food in Saudi Arabia continues to be dominated by international manufacturers, with Mars, Royal Canin and Nestlé Purina PetCare holding respective value shares of 41%, 15% and 6% in 2012. While company shares remained largely stable during 2012, Royal Canin is well-placed to take advantage of the growth in premium dry dog food, where the company enjoys a leading position.
- Over the forecast period, dog ownership is likely to remain mostly limited to expatriates. However, there was also a slight rise in dog ownership among more affluent Saudi consumers, especially of pedigree dogs, over the review period, and this trend is expected to continue due to ongoing Westernisation in the country. Thus, the dog population is expected to increase further.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Dog Food Market Research Report
Sample Dog Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Dog Food industry in Saudi Arabia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Dog Food industry in Saudi Arabia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Dog Food in Saudi Arabia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Dog Food in Saudi Arabia?
- What are the major brands in Saudi Arabia?
- How fast are consumers trading up to prepared dog food?
- How have pet specialists fared in recent years?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Dog Food in Saudi Arabia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Dog Owning Households: % Analysis 2008-2013
- Table 2 Dog Population 2008-2013
- Table 3 Consumption of Prepared Dog Food: % Analysis 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 5 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 6 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 7 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 8 Sales of Premium Dog Food by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Treats: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 1 Dog Food by Price Band 2013
Pet Care in Saudi Arabia - Industry Context
Rise in pet ownership and shift towards prepared pet food
Premiumisation driving value sales
International manufacturers in the lead
Modern grocery retailers increasing their offer of pet care products
Strong performance expected over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Westernisation trend having a positive impact on pet care
Attitudes towards pet ownership slowly changing
Modern grocery retailers gaining share towards the end of the review period
International manufacturers lead pet care
- Table 16 Pet Populations 2008-2013
- Table 17 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 18 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 19 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 20 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 25 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2006-2011
- Table 26 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 27 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2012
- Table 28 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 29 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 32 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 33 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 2 Research Sources