- Vets are playing a key role in the shift from non-prepared to prepared food in Bulgaria, while also encouraging a growing focus on nutrition among those who feed their dogs prepared food. Urban consumers increasingly value vets' advice and seek advice and direction regarding nutrition. Consumers also became more likely to seek advice from pet shops when buying dog food. This trend is particularly strong among those in their 20s and 30s, who tend to have a greater focus on healthy nutrition, both for themselves and their pets.
- There is expected to be a further shift in the balance between the two leaders in dog food in 2015. 2014 saw the leader Mars lose a percentage point in share, dropping to 45% share, while Nestlé gained share marginally to account for 27% share. This was thanks to Nestlé increasing its marketing with a particular focus on consumer education, while Mars is losing share due to growing competition and a widening range of brands becoming available to consumers. In 2015, Nestlé is meanwhile expected to see a good gain in value share thanks to the launch of its Purina Pro Plan Optinutrition range.
- There is expected to be a growing focus on ensuring that dog food is biologically-appropriate in the forecast period. While this trend is expected to emerge from a low base, a growing number of mid- to high-income consumers are expected to scrutinise ingredients in dog food, rather than simply taking the leading brands' marketing at face value. The naturally healthy and high-meat brands Applaws and Orijen, which were launched at the end of the review period, are thus set to see a strong performance at the start of the forecast period. Acana is also expected to emerge strongly in this area, with consumers increasingly seeking a high meat content and low or no grain content. Niche organic products could well also emerge in the forecast period, possibly launched by small local or regional producers.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Dog Food Market Research Report
Sample Dog Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Dog Food industry in Bulgaria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Dog Food industry in Bulgaria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Dog Food in Bulgaria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Dog Food in Bulgaria?
- What are the major brands in Bulgaria?
- How fast are consumers trading up to prepared dog food?
- How have pet specialists fared in recent years?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Dog Food in Bulgaria - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Dog Owning Households: % Analysis 2010-2015
- Table 2 Dog Population 2010-2015
- Table 3 Consumption of Dog Food by Prepared vs Non-prepared: % Analysis 2010-2015
- Summary 1 Dog Food by Price Band 2015
- Table 4 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 7 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 8 Sales of Premium Dog Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Treats: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Dog Food in Bulgaria - Company Profiles
Mars Inc Bulgaria EOOD in Pet Care (Bulgaria)
- Summary 2 Mars Inc Bulgaria EOOD: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Mars Inc Bulgaria EOOD: Competitive Position 2014
Nestlé Bulgaria AD in Pet Care (Bulgaria)
- Summary 4 Nestlé Bulgaria AD: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Nestlé Bulgaria AD: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 Nestlé Bulgaria AD: Competitive Position 2014
Pongo & Bengie OOD in Pet Care (Bulgaria)
- Summary 7 Pongo & Bengie OOD: Key Facts
- Summary 8 Pongo & Bengie OOD: Competitive Position 2014
Pet Care in Bulgaria - Industry Context
Strong review period growth thanks to growing focus on pet nutrition and health
Sales remain low as non-prepared food dominates
Pet shops lose share to modern grocery retailers
Leader Mars loses share as competition intensifies
Forecast period growth dampened by price competition
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Sales benefit from rising disposable income levels
Rise of the cherished urban pet
Pet shops face growing competition from grocery retailers
- Table 16 Pet Populations 2010-2015
- Table 17 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 25 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 26 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 27 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 28 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 29 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 32 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 33 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 9 Research Sources