- The healthy performance of dog food came as a result of the desire on the part of more dog owners to feed their dogs with specially prepared packaged dog food. Prepared dog food is set to reach 11% of total consumption in 2012 – the highest in the review period. This percentage might seem low, but a large number of owners vary their pets’ diet by giving them a mix of commercially prepared food and home-made. By doing this, they believe they lessen the burden on the household budget.
- Multinational companies dominated dog food sales in 2012 – the leading three companies were Mars Bulgaria EOOD, Nestlé Bulgaria AD and Royal Canin SA. Dog food is one of the most concentrated areas within pet foods, since 82% of value sales were accounted for by three companies. These international manufacturers were successful because they had strong bargaining power when securing retail space for their brands, diversified portfolios, strong sales force and large advertising budgets.
- Dog food is expected to witness a further CAGR of 6% in volume terms during the forecast period. This growth rate will be just slightly lower than the volume CAGR achieved during the review period. The best performers will be premium dry dog food, premium wet dog food and economy dry dog food. These areas saw most development in the latter half of the historic period and their development is set to continue in the forecast.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Dog Food Market Research Report
Sample Dog Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Dog Food industry in Bulgaria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Dog Food industry in Bulgaria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Dog Food in Bulgaria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Dog Food in Bulgaria?
- What are the major brands in Bulgaria?
- How fast are consumers trading up to prepared dog food?
- How have pet specialists fared in recent years?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Dog Food in Bulgaria - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Dog Owning Households: % Analysis 2008-2013
- Table 2 Dog Population 2008-2013
- Table 3 Consumption of Prepared Dog Food: % Analysis 2008-2013
- Summary 1 Dog Food by Price Band 2013
- Table 4 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 5 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 6 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 7 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 8 Sales of Premium Dog Food by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Treats: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Dog Food in Bulgaria - Company Profiles
Lyubimets OOD in Pet Care (Bulgaria)
- Summary 2 Lyubimets OOD: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Lyubimets OOD: Operational Indicators
- Summary 4 Lyubimets OOD: Competitive Position 2012
Pongo & Bengie OOD in Pet Care (Bulgaria)
- Summary 5 Pongo & Bengie OOD: Key Facts
- Summary 6 Pongo & Bengie OOD: Competitive Position 2012
Pet Care in Bulgaria - Industry Context
Pet care growth rate set to continue its acceleration in 2013
Increasing segmentation of pet care encourages growth
The competitive battle intensifies within pet care as a whole
Pet shops remain the most popular channel followed by modern retailing formats
Pet care will continue to develop at a similar rate in the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Positive economic outlook benefits pet products sales
Pet adoption campaigns in Bulgaria are designed to encourage pet ownership
Changing lifestyles encourage pet ownership
New product development and value offers encourage the penetration of prepared food
Distribution channels become more diversified
- Table 16 Pet Populations 2008-2013
- Table 17 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 18 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 19 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 20 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 25 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2006-2011
- Table 26 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 27 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2012
- Table 28 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 29 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 32 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 33 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 7 Research Sources