- Premiumisation was the most important factor affecting the category of dog food in Norway in 2014. An increasing number of Norwegian consumers continued to spend larger proportions of their incomes on their dogs, as these pets gained increasing significance in the family home. This was manifested in a continuation of the trends that have resulted in sharp increases in sales of premium level dog food in Norway. Manufacturers are likely to respond to this to an even greater degree with products that have a particular focus on the health and vitality of dogs, and this is set to lead to an even greater focus on premiumisation in Norway.
- A continuation of the present competitive landscape is set to characterise the category of dog food in 2015. The premiumisation trend had a very significant effect on the direction of dog food in Norway over the review period and this is set to continue in 2015. While this is already well entrenched in specialist pet retailers, it is expected that the proportion of premium brands will increase on the shelves of grocery retailers in 2015, as companies such as Mars Norge and Nestlé Norge realise that this is the direction in which sales are going.
- Although BARF performed solidly in Norway over the review period, it has yet to become a part of the mainstream within dog food. This is mainly down to the fact that companies involved in sales of BARF products, such as Vom og Hundemat, are relatively small operators with poor access to distribution networks when compared with larger companies such as Mars Norge and Nestlé Norge. Other Western European countries such as Germany have shown how successful BARF can be when a high level of media exposure reveals the benefits of these products, and this represents a massive opportunity in Norway. BARF sales are already growing in Norway but it is expected that higher levels of social media and mainstream media coverage will result in even stronger growth of these products over the forecast period.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Dog Food Market Research Report
Sample Dog Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Dog Food industry in Norway with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Dog Food industry in Norway, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Dog Food in Norway market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Dog Food in Norway?
- What are the major brands in Norway?
- How fast are consumers trading up to prepared dog food?
- How have pet specialists fared in recent years?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Dog Food in Norway - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Dog Owning Households: % Analysis 2010-2015
- Table 2 Dog Population 2010-2015
- Table 3 Consumption of Dog Food by Prepared vs Non-prepared: % Analysis 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 7 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 8 Sales of Premium Dog Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Treats: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Dog Food in Norway - Company Profiles
Felleskjøpet Agri SA in Pet Care (Norway)
- Summary 1 Felleskjøpet Agri SA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Felleskjøpet Agri SA: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Felleskjøpet Agri SA: Competitive Position 2014
Hill's Pet Nutrition Norway AS in Pet Care (Norway)
- Summary 4 Hill’s Pet Nutrition Norway AS: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Hill’s Pet Nutrition Norway AS: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 Hill’s Pet Nutrition Norway AS: Competitive Position 2014
SalgsCompagniet AS in Pet Care (Norway)
- Summary 7 SalgsCompagniet AS: Key Facts
- Summary 8 SalgsCompagniet AS: Operational Indicators
- Summary 9 SalgsCompagniet AS: Competitive Position 2014
Pet Care in Norway - Industry Context
Solid growth continues in 2015
Health and wellness trend increasing
Position of multinationals under threat
Specialist retailers under threat
Solid growth expected to continue over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Humanisation trend leading to premiumisation
Health and wellness trend growing in importance within pet care
Strong Norwegian economy driving growth of pet care
- Table 16 Pet Populations 2010-2015
- Table 17 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 25 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 26 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 27 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 28 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 29 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 32 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 33 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 10 Research Sources