- Over the review period, dog food in the Philippines increasingly enjoyed stronger demand. A strengthened Philippine economy in conjunction with the easy availability of dog food options contributed to the healthy performance of the category in 2012, and this is expected to continue into 2013. Sales were helped by increased purchasing powers resulting from more job opportunities, especially jobs in business process outsourcing, and by the ease of purchase of packaged dog food for the beloved canine companions of middle- to upper-income households.
- Dog food continues to be dominated by multinational brands that have gained a strong foothold in the country over the years. Mars Philippines’ Pedigree led with a 26% value share in 2012, followed by Nestlé Philippines’ Purina Alpo at 21%; however, the popularity of these well-known brands was greatly challenged over the review period, as many other brands, both at the economy and premium ends of the price spectrum became a threat to these mid-priced giants.
- Over the forecast period, volume sales of dog food are expected to continue to grow. This is particularly due to the expected increase in interest in dog welfare and dog companionship that was experienced towards the end of the review period. The increasing ease of buying dog products in pet shop villages and the greater frequency of dog-related events are also expected to help boost volume sales. As a result, volume sales of dog food are expected to grow at a CAGR of 7% over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Dog Food Market Research Report
Sample Dog Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Dog Food industry in Philippines with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Dog Food industry in Philippines, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Dog Food in Philippines market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Dog Food in Philippines?
- What are the major brands in Philippines?
- How fast are consumers trading up to prepared dog food?
- How have pet specialists fared in recent years?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Dog Food in the Philippines - Category Analysis
- Summary 1 Dog Food by Price Band 2013
- Table 1 Dog Owning Households: % Analysis 2008-2013
- Table 2 Dog Population 2008-2013
- Table 3 Consumption of Prepared Dog Food: % Analysis 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 5 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 6 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 7 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 8 Sales of Premium Dog Food by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Treats: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Dog Food in the Philippines - Company Profiles
Consumer Care Products Inc in Pet Care (Philippines)
- Summary 2 Consumer Care Products Inc: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Consumer Care Products Inc: Competitive Position 2012
Pet One Inc in Pet Care (Philippines)
- Summary 4 Pet One Inc: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Pet One Inc: Competitive Position 2012
Universal Robina Corp in Pet Care (Philippines)
- Summary 6 Universal Robina Corp: Key Facts
- Summary 7 Universal Robina Corp: Competitive Position 2012
Pet Care in the Philippines - Industry Context
Healthier economy boosts sales of pet care products
Lower-priced products enjoy strongest growth
Local players compete aggressively over price
Pet stores still an important distribution channel
Interest in pets expected to grow over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Improving economy boosts purchasing power for pampering pets
International brands remain most trusted but face price competition from local brands
Rise in pet-friendly shopping centres boosts sales of pet food and pet products
Increasing humanisation of pet products and services
Increasing visibility and availability of various pet options start a trend towards multiple-pet ownership
- Table 16 Pet Populations 2008-2013
- Table 17 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 18 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 19 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 20 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 25 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2006-2011
- Table 26 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 27 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2012
- Table 28 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 29 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 32 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 33 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 8 Research Sources