- The appearance of e-cigarettes seems to be reversing the trend of strong growth in this category, which currently has a very low basis. The trend to quit smoking is increasing among Romanians, but instead of using NRT smoking cessation aids, consumers are now either trying to do so without any aids or by using e-cigarettes. The category also lacks advertisements and is relatively expensive, which are the two main obstacles to growth, particularly as e-cigarettes are also starting to pose a challenge.
- Nicorette by Johnson & Johnson remained the only over-the-counter brand present in NRT smoking cessation aids in 2012. This was available in NRT gum and NRT patches, and accounted for the vast majority of sales. The brand benefited from pharmacists’ recommendations and the fact that it is sold almost exclusively in chemists/pharmacies. However, in small cities and rural areas the price of the product is rather prohibitive for consumers, a fact which limited sales of Nicorette to Bucharest and other large cities.
- Category growth rates are expected to slow, mainly due to the expansion of the e-cigarette. Interest among producers, already limited, is also likely to drop and category expansion and diversification will therefore be timid, as only a few people who want to quit smoking will adopt NRT smoking cessation aids as their first choice.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Romania with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Romania, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Romania market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Romania?
- What are the major brands in Romania?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Romania - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Gum Flavours: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 6 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in Romania - Industry Context
Growth slows in all categories
Rising sales of OTC and supplements
Local players and multinationals compete for market share
Chemists/pharmacies has a predominant share
Growth is expected to continue as the market has potential
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Demographic factors stimulate growth in consumer health
State regulation offers no favours to consumers or producers
Networks of chained pharmaceuticals expand
Increasingly better educated consumers become more demanding
The consumer health market is highly concentrated and competitive
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 14 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2010-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources