- Value sales of NRT smoking cessation aids rose by 35% in Romania in 2013, though from a very low base. E-cigarettes seem to have reversed the growth trend of NRT smoking cessation aids, as in 2012 value sales dropped by 84% after the withdrawal of NRT gum brand Nicorette by Johnson & Johnson Romania SRL. There appears to be a certain lack of interest among producers, most likely due to the poor prospects of NRT smoking cessation aids, despite the fact that an increasing number of Romanians have decided to quit smoking. E-cigarettes are more preferred by quitters; however, the great majority are trying to cease smoking without any aids.
- Nicorette by Johnson & Johnson Romania SRL remained the only OTC brand present in NRT smoking cessation aids in 2013. Nicorette is only available as NRT patches as the NRT gum format was withdrawn from Romania in 2012. The brand benefits from pharmacists’ recommendations and the fact that it is sold almost exclusively in chemists/pharmacies. However, in small cities and rural areas, the price of the product is rather discriminatory for consumers, a fact which limits sales of Nicorette to large urban centres.
- Sales of NRT smoking cessation aids in Romania are expected to slow and experience only 12% CAGRs (in terms of both volume sales and value sales at constant 2013 prices) over the forecast period. E-cigarettes are believed to be more preferred by consumers ready to quit smoking. Interest among producers, already limited, will be reflected in the withdrawal of some types of products and the existence of chiefly one brand.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Romania with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Romania, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Romania market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Romania?
- What are the major brands in Romania?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Romania - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Consumer Health in Romania - Industry Context
Steady growth of consumer health assured despite economic crisis
Higher margins on OTC products motivate chemists/pharmacies to sell them
Lower prices ensure competitiveness of domestic products
Speciality stores for herbal/traditional products expand rapidly
Self-medication products have strong growth potential
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Increasing health-consciousness of the population ensures good potential for OTC
Expanding pharmacy network in rural regions helps OTC to expand
Herbal/traditional products preferred to standard OTC medicine
Doctors’ and chemists’ advice is the most efficient marketing channel
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2010-2013
- Summary 2 Research Sources