- According to a recent study undertaken by the Romanian Society of Pneumology, conducted under the European Commission’s campaign “Ex-smokers Are Unstoppable”, over 56% of Romanian smokers are planning to give up in the coming years. The Ministry of Health’s anti-smoking campaign and the ban on smoking in certain public areas has had some effect on the decision of smokers to quit, although there are still many smokers in Romania with the country being among the “leaders” in terms of underage smokers among EU members. Despite these anti-smoking campaigns, NRT smoking cessation aids are not widely available in the country. The former leading brand Nicorette by Johnson & Johnson was withdrawn although there are quite a few products still available in pharmacies. As a result, the category experienced a steep decline over the last few years of the review period, dropping by 30% in 2014 alone.
- Nicorette by Johnson & Johnson remained the only over-the-counter brand present in NRT smoking cessation aids in 2013. It is currently available in NRT patches as the gum format was withdrawn from the country in 2012. The brand benefited from pharmacists’ recommendations and the fact that it is sold almost exclusively in chemists/pharmacies. However, in small cities and rural areas the price of the product is rather discriminatory for consumers, a factor which limited sales of Nicorette to large urban centres.
- The rate of category decline is expected to slow, contracting by a CAGR of only 7% in value sales at constant 2014 prices over the forecast period. E-cigarettes are believed to be more preferred by consumers ready to quit smoking. The already limited interest among producers reflected the withdrawal of some product types and the existence of chiefly one brand.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Romania with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Romania, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Romania market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Romania?
- What are the major brands in Romania?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Romania - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Consumer Health in Romania - Industry Context
Despite the slow growth of the pharma market the OTC category is flourishing
The launch of several new VDS products fuels growth in 2014
Domestic producers strengthen their position in the consumer health market
Smaller cities and rural settlements eyed by independent pharmacies
Growth of the consumer health market to slow down over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Unhealthy lifestyles contribute to the rise in self-treatment products
Increasingly better educated consumers contribute to the up-trading effect of VDS
Domestic pharma producers are attracted to VDS for its higher margins
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2009-2014
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2009-2014
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources