- NRT smoking cessation aids benefited from a growing number of people opting for healthier lifestyles in 2012. With a general trend towards health and wellness, many consumers opted to live healthier lifestyles. Even though the number of smokers is increasing in Austria year-on-year, there are a significant number of Austrians who want to quit smoking, mostly male. In fact, the increase in the overall number of smokers is due to an increasing number of females starting to smoke, whereas men in Austria are stopping smoking and seeking healthier lifestyles. Apart from the health and wellness trend, the desire to quit smoking was also further pushed by the strong increase in cigarette unit prices, due to increases in tobacco taxes.
- Janssen-Cilag Pharma led NRT smoking cessation aids in 2012, holding an 86% value share, generated with its well-known brand Nicorette. The Nicorette brand enjoys strong popularity in Austria, and it is also regarded as a synonym for NRT smoking cessation aids in general. In addition, the company focuses on introducing new products and offering good marketing support for its brands.
- Over the forecast period NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to benefit from increasing health awareness amongst Austrians. Due to the growing number of people who are concerned about their health and the possible diseases caused by smoking, sales of NRT smoking cessation aids are predicted to see good development in the short to medium term. In addition, the expected increases in tobacco taxes – and thus tobacco prices – are also likely to result in an increasing number of Austrians who want to quit smoking.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Austria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Austria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Austria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Austria?
- What are the major brands in Austria?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Austria - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Gum Flavours: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 6 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Austria - Company Profiles
Dr A & L Schmidgall KG in Consumer Health (Austria)
- Summary 1 Dr A & L Schmidgall AG: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Dr A & L Schmidgall AG: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Dr A & L Schmidgall AG: Competitive Position 2012
Consumer Health in Austria - Industry Context
The ageing population and increasing health awareness drive the growth of consumer health
Hectic vs healthy lifestyles impact the performance of consumer health
Multinationals continue to dominate the market
Increasing from a low base, internet retailing gains importance
Performance of consumer health is expected to see further growth
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Population aged 65+ on the rise
Beauty becomes increasingly important
Long working hours and increased stress levels benefit demand for various consumer health products
More sport for healthier lifestyles
Austrians like to shop online
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 14 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 4 OTC: Switches 2010-2012
- Summary 5 Research Sources