- While the legislation in Austria relating to smoking is relatively lenient compared to other EU countries, the growing health awareness among Austrians is causing an increasing number of smokers to want to quit smoking. Although the total number of smokers has registered a steady increase of 1% year-on-year over the review period, the stricter legislation on smoking in public places, as well as the growing pressure from the media, is causing many consumers to try to stop smoking.
- The category of smoking cessation aids is dominated by two global manufacturers that benefit from a long-standing tradition and expertise in producing these products. Janssen-Cilag Pharma GmbH and Gebro Pharma GmbH and their brands enjoy notable popularity in Austria, which makes it difficult for other competitors to enter the category. They both invest in offering new product launches on a regular basis in order to attract new consumers who are looking to stop smoking.
- With stricter smoking legislation and higher tobacco prices expected in Austria over the forecast period, the number of people who opt to give up smoking is expected to increase. The growing health awareness and concerns of Austrians are also predicted to contribute to the positive performance of NRT smoking cessation aids over the forecast period. Thus, the category is expected to see value sales at constant 2013 prices rise at a CAGR of 3% over the forecast period, which is expected to be broadly in line with the CAGR of the review period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Austria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Austria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Austria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Austria?
- What are the major brands in Austria?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Austria - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Consumer Health in Austria - Industry Context
Good overall performance for consumer health
Strong flu season contributes to overall performance
Strong competition between domestic and global manufacturers
Chemists/pharmacies remains the leading distribution channel
Steady performance over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Strong flu season and higher incidence of allergies boost sales
The growing number of overweight Austrians sees drive for healthier lifestyles
Increasingly positive attitudes towards self-medication among Austrians
New delivery formats within consumer health offer greater convenience
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2011-2013
- Summary 2 Research Sources