- NRT smoking cessation aids benefited from two distinct factors in 2014. Whilst Austria is still known to be a regular “tobacco paradise” compared with other Western European countries, the stricter tobacco legislation year-on-year, which increasingly limits smoking in public places and imposes tobacco price increases, is contributing to a greater number of Austrians opting to give up smoking. In addition to tighter smoking legislation, growing awareness about smoking-related diseases amongst Austrians is also contributing to a growing desire to quit smoking amongst Austrians. Lastly, whilst smoking was seen as part of lifestyles in Austria in the past, it is increasingly being perceived as a bad and unhealthy habit, which causes many smokers to feel increasingly socially isolated.
- Jansen-Cilag Pharma led NRT smoking cessation aids in 2014 with a value share of 86%, generated through the strong popularity of its brand Nicorette. The company primarily derives its share from being present in NRT gum, NRT inhalators, NRT patches and other NRT. In 2014 the company saw the biggest increase in value share, as it entered NRT lozenges in 2013, in which it was not previously present. Also, the company witnessed several changes in 2013/2014.
- Over the forecast period NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to remain strongly influenced by the increasing health-consciousness of Austrians, and the growing intolerance of Austrian society towards smokers and smoking. In addition, tobacco legislation in Austria is predicted to become increasingly strict over the forecast period, especially due to the fact that Austria is still seen as very lenient when it comes to tobacco legislation compared with other European countries in terms of both prices and public smoking restrictions.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Austria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Austria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Austria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Austria?
- What are the major brands in Austria?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Austria - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Consumer Health in Austria - Industry Context
An overall stable performance for consumer health in 2014
Growing demand for quality and safety: lights-out for Alli and OTC obesity
Undisputed loyalty to branded products
Internet retailing gains momentum
Moderate future performance for consumer health
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Brands vs generics – Austrians seek quality assurances
Liberalisation of online pharmacies
Ageing and obesity – important growth drivers
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2009-2014
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2009-2014
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2012-2014
- Summary 2 Research Sources