- The Swiss Federal Assembly enacted a law for protection against second-hand smoke in 2008, which came into force on 1 May 2010. It prohibits smoking in enclosed, publicly-accessible areas and in rooms that are workplaces for several persons. There are exceptions for bars and restaurants, which may allow smoking in separate, ventilated rooms or in establishments smaller than 80 sq m, but the federal statute allows for more stringent cantonal smoking bans. This law has had a strong effect of the smoking practices of Swiss smokers. Many people have tried to give up smoking since its introduction, for example. However, voters in Switzerland rejected a total ban on smoking in enclosed public places at a national referendum in 2012. There was little change in the smoking population between 2012 and 2013.
- NRT smoking cessation aids is highly concentrated in Switzerland with few brands being present. Nicorette (Janssen-Cilag AG) dominates with a 78% value share, followed by Nicotinell from Novartis Consumer Health AG. Janssen-Cilag therefore leads current value sales of NRT smoking cessation aids, a position it has maintained throughout the review period. Its produces and markets the Nicorette brand of NRT gum, inhalators, patches and micro-tabs. In 2013, Janssen-Cilag launched a nicotine mouth spray in Switzerland under the Nicorette brand name. The company claims that the nicotine is absorbed faster than is the case with an NRT gum product.
- NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to see value sales increase at a CAGR of 1% at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period. Anti-smoking campaigns are likely to continue in Switzerland, with the aim of encouraging more people to stop smoking and preventing people from starting smoking in the first place. However, a stricter ban on smoking in enclosed public places is unlikely to be discussed further.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Switzerland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Switzerland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Switzerland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Switzerland?
- What are the major brands in Switzerland?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Switzerland - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Switzerland - Company Profiles
Novartis Consumer Health AG in Consumer Health (Switzerland)
- Summary 1 Novartis Consumer Health AG: Operational Indicators (worldwide)
- Summary 2 Novartis Consumer Health AG: Production Statistics 2013
- Summary 3 Novartis Consumer Health AG: Competitive Position 2013
Consumer Health in Switzerland - Industry Context
Swiss consumer health industry picks up pace slightly in 2013
Deregulation of OTC products distribution in motion
Multinationals still dominate the competitive landscape
Slow but steady outlook in the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
OTC distribution deregulation may drive lower unit prices of OTC products
Internet retailing grows in importance in consumer health distribution
Ageing and growing population supports demand for consumer health products
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 4 OTC: Switches 2011-2013
- Summary 5 Research Sources