- Around a quarter of the Swiss adult population were smokers in 2012. In Switzerland the number of cigarettes smoked is still fairly high compared with in other European countries. However, there are a number of initiatives against smoking in Switzerland. The federal office of health started a new “SmokeFree” campaign against smoking in 2011. Such prevention measures further reduced the number of smokers in Switzerland. There are continued demands from Swiss consumers for a further and stricter smoking ban than the current smoking ban which was enforced in May 2010. This ban, which was enforced in the majority of public places, including restaurants and bars, has already had a strong effect on the smoking habits of Swiss consumers.
- Janssen-Cilag was the leading player in NRT smoking cessation aids in 2012. The company held a 78% share of overall value sales with its brand Nicorette. This brand is extremely popular in Switzerland, and enjoys high trust amongst Swiss consumers. The brand generated value sales of CHF13 million in 2012. Janssen-Cilag has Nicorette NRT gum, NRT patches and NRT inhalators in Switzerland in its product range.
- Campaigns against smoking are likely to continue over the forecast period in Switzerland, encouraging more and more people to stop smoking, and preventing people from even starting the habit. Moreover, stricter regulations on smoking and further bans will be discussed. These measures are predicted to further decrease the number of smokers in Switzerland. Due to a declining number of smokers, sales of NRT smoking cessation aids are projected to slow down over the forecast period, with a CAGR of 1% in constant value terms.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Switzerland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Switzerland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Switzerland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Switzerland?
- What are the major brands in Switzerland?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Switzerland - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Gum Flavours: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 6 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in Switzerland - Industry Context
Consumer health in Switzerland is categorised by maturity
Changes afoot for the distribution of OTC products
Loyal consumers prefer premium brands
Internet retailing grows
The ageing and increasingly health-aware population offers potential
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Deregulation of OTC distribution represents a potential threat to sales in chemists/pharmacies
Demographic changes to boost OTC sales over the forecast period
Swiss government promotes healthy lifestyles to reduce rates of overweight and obesity
Swiss consumers become more enthusiastic about online shopping
Busy lifestyles necessitate convenient products
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 14 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2010-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources