- In Switzerland, the smoking ban in public places and strict tobacco legislation positively impacted sales of NRT smoking cessation aids. The anti-smoking campaigns run by the government, the medical establishment and lobby groups raised awareness of the health risks involved in smoking. These campaigns included educating the population on the dangers of smoking and passive smoking, and providing advice and support for smokers who are trying to give up. Nicotine replacement therapy products are available over-the-counter in Switzerland, and smokers receive support through doctors and hospitals.
- Janssen-Cilag AG accounted for the majority of value sales within NRT smoking cessation aids, posting a share of 79% in 2014. The company maintained its leadership position by establishing the presence of its flagship brand Nicorette in various formats (gum, lozenges and patches). Novartis Consumer Health AG was the second and only competitor within NRT smoking cessation aids with its brand Nicotinell available in different dosages. The company lost share over the review period due to a lack of innovation in NRT patches and NRT gum.
- Tobacco legislation, as well as anti-smoking campaigns and health warnings carried out by lobby groups are expected to further intensify over the forecast period. In spite of this positive background, NRT smoking cessation aids are only set to register a moderate value CAGR increase over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Switzerland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Switzerland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Switzerland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Switzerland?
- What are the major brands in Switzerland?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Switzerland - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Switzerland - Company Profiles
Novartis Consumer Health AG in Consumer Health (Switzerland)
- Summary 1 Novartis Consumer Health AG: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Novartis Consumer Health AG: Operational Indicators (worldwide)
- Summary 3 Novartis Consumer Health AG: Production Statistics 2014
- Summary 4 Novartis Consumer Health AG: Competitive Position 2014
Consumer Health in Switzerland - Industry Context
Consumer health industry feels impact of authorities’ efforts to control health costs
Switzerland’s OTC liberalisation continues to arouse passionate debate
Multinationals dominate the landscape in consumer health
Chemists/pharmacies remains the top channel amidst challenge from internet retailing
Limited prospects over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Economic indicators show positive trends in consumer health
Health and wellness trend a positive boost to demand of consumer health products
Liberalising the sale of OTC medicines: A priority to reduce healthcare costs
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2009-2014
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2009-2014
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 5 OTC: Switches 2012-2014
- Summary 6 Research Sources