- According to Euromonitor International research on tobacco, smoking prevalence amongst the adult population in India is estimated to be around 7%, translating into 51 million smokers. With over 51 million smokers present in the country, making India the second largest tobacco market in the world. The government of India imposed a ban on public smoking from October 2008; however, strict implementation of the ban has not yet happened. A number of steps to increase awareness of the harmful effects of smoking tobacco were taken, such as stricter labelling norms, with close to half the packet being covered by a picture of the effects of smoking on the lungs and the tag “Smoking Kills” boldly printed on cigarette packs.
- NRT smoking cessation aids was dominated by Johnson & Johnson (India) in 2012.
- There is growing concern about the effect that smoking has on consumers’ health in India. The government has been taking steps to increase awareness of the effects of smoking tobacco amongst the general public. The Union Health Ministry of India is planning to subsidise the price of nicotine chewing gum, which might come into effect over the forecast period. Upon implementation of the subsidy, the demand for NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to increase drastically over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in India with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in India, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in India market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in India?
- What are the major brands in India?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in India - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2010-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2012
- Table 4 NRT Gum Flavours: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 6 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in India - Industry Context
Increased awareness of OTC products fuels the growth of consumer health
Increasingly fast-paced lives drive the growth of weight loss supplements
The competitive environment continues to be highly fragmented
Grocery retailers carve a niche in the distribution of consumer health products
Consumer health is expected to maintain strong growth over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Self-medication picks up amongst the urban population
Herbal/traditional products attract consumers
Bollywood celebrities and sports stars are recruited to drive sales
Lifestyle changes drive the growth of unconventional OTC products
Distribution of consumer health products continues to be dominated by chemists/pharmacies
TERRITORY KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
East and Northeast India
RURAL VS URBAN KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Sales of Consumer Health by Region: Value 2007-2012
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Health by Region: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Health by Rural-Urban % Value Analysis 2012
- Table 16 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 17 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 18 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 19 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Region: Value 2012-2017
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Region: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources