- NRT smoking cessation aids continued to be a small category in India in 2013 with sales worth Rs170 million. NRT gums was the only form of cessation aid available. NRT smoking cessation aids have only been present in India only since 2010. In the last three years, the growth stabilised somewhat, with 2013 witnessing value growth of 9%. The growth was stronger in the previous years as consumers tried these products but did not become repeat customers.
- Johnson & Johnson (India) Ltd continued to be the leading player with a 57% share in terms of value in 2013. The company’s NRT brand Nicorette, which was launched in 2010, benefited from its first mover advantage. Furthermore, the company advertised the brand aggressively via food/drink/tobacco specialist retailers, small cigarette and newspaper agents, flyers, posters, and hoardings, making the brand literally synonymous with NRT gums.
- NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to witness healthy growth in the forecast period of 2013-2018. This will be driven by the rising awareness of the harmful effects of tobacco products, and consumers wanting to quit smoking. Urban consumers in particular already started to either cut down or quit smoking in 2013. In India, unlike in Western countries, smoking was still not viewed as that much of a bad habit until 2013. However, this is expected to slowly change as consumers work towards becoming healthier. This will naturally give a boost to the sales of NRT smoking cessation aids.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in India with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in India, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in India market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in India?
- What are the major brands in India?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in India - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2010-2012
- Table 5 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2012
- Table 6 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Consumer Health in India - Industry Context
Awareness of OTC medicines continues to be low
Health and wellness witnesses strong growth among urban consumers
Competition between domestic and international companies remains intense
Chemists/pharmacists are the leading retail channel in 2013
Sports nutrition is expected to lead value sales growth over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Herbal/traditional medicines continue to dominate consumer health
Changing urban lifestyles drive the growth of health and wellness
Retail sales via unconventional channels witness strong growth in 2013
Knowledge of OTC options continues to be low among the rural population
TERRITORY KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
East and Northeast India
RURAL VS URBAN KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 11 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 13 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Health by Region: Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Region: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Health by Rural vs Urban: % Value 2013
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 20 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 21 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Region: Value 2013-2018
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Region: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources