- Malaysian government has been actively promoting anti-smoking over the review period, for instance, it banned 14-pack cigarettes in 2010 and spent RM100 million on a five-year Tak Nak campaign (“Tak Nak” is a Malay phrase, meaning do not want) since 2005. However, the number of smokers in the country is still increasing at 2% growth every year since 2007 until 2012. Thus, the government employed tougher regulations in September 2012, for instance fixed the minimum price of all cigarette brands at RM7 and only packs of 20 sticks of cigarettes are allowed to be sold. The price hike on cigarettes has awakened some consumers’ health consciousness or increased the pressure on consumers’ expenditure on cigarettes, which as a result, spurred the performance of NRT smoking aids in 2012.
- Johnson & Johnson kept its leadership of NRT smoking cessation aids in 2012, although saw a decline in value share over 2011. The player faced greater challenges from Novartis Corp and GlaxoSmithKline which manufactured NRT lozenges that are increasingly popular among consumers.
- As the percentage of smokers in the Malaysian population is rising each year, the government’s anti-smoking push is likely to continue and become even stronger during the forecast period, which will encourage more consumers to quit smoking. By the end of 2012, the government proposed several ideas to promote anti-smoking, for instance expanding the no-smoking areas, reducing nicotine levels and tar content per cigarette and selling cigarettes in plain packaging without brand logos and colours.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Malaysia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Malaysia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Malaysia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Malaysia?
- What are the major brands in Malaysia?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Malaysia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Gum Flavours: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 6 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in Malaysia - Industry Context
Consumer health posts higher growth in 2012
Consumers were more confident in self-medicating
International players leading consumer health
Direct selling remained the strongest distribution channel
Projected positive future for consumer health
Increasing female purchasing power supports beauty- and slimming-related products
Consumers enhance working performance by staying healthy
High obesity rate due to unhealthy eating habits and inadequate exercise
On-the-go consumers boost sales of convenient format products
International players dominate the competitive environment
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 14 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources