- Malaysia has been a party to the World Health Organization’s (WHO) Framework Convention on Tobacco Control since 2005, and since then it has imposed many laws to control the number of smokers such as designing smoke-free areas, tightening tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship and regulating packaging and labelling. The government is also proposing new initiatives such as reducing the maximum allowable tar and nicotine content from 20mg and 1.5mg per cigarette to 10mg and 1mg by 2015. However, many of these measures have not been strictly enforced. As such, smoking prevalence in Malaysia showed only a slight declining trend over the review period and stayed at around 21% in 2013.
- Johnson & Johnson (M) Sdn Bhd led the category with 64% value share. Its presence in many different categories, including NRT gum, NRT inhalators, and NRT patches, contributed to the popularity of its brands and the high ranking it achieved in NRT smoking cessation aids as a whole.
- NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to grow with constant value CAGR of 5% over the forecast period. The growth rate will slow down as the market becomes more mature. Nonetheless, it still will remain healthy thanks to the rising health awareness that drives many people to quit smoking. More consumers will try to reduce or quit smoking as a way to improve their health and social image. This is projected to benefit NRT smoking cessation aids over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Malaysia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Malaysia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Malaysia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Malaysia?
- What are the major brands in Malaysia?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Malaysia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Consumer Health in Malaysia - Industry Context
Slight growth recorded in 2013
Worsening pollution brings higher growth for eye care
International players dominate consumer health
Direct selling remains the most important distribution channel
Slowing but positive growth for consumer health is expected over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Busier, more stressful lifestyle and urbanisation help to maintain growth of consumer health
Stronger demand from female consumers drives growth for beauty-related products
High percentage of overweight and obese population
International and direct selling players dominates consumer health
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources