- Anti-smoking initiatives from the United Arab Emirates government in terms of awareness campaigns, stricter laws and better healthcare facilities had a positive influence on NRT smoking cessation aids in the country, resulting in current value growth of 9% to reach AED19 million in 2014. The United Arab Emirates has a good environment for NRT smoking cessation aids to flourish, which is rather unique in the Middle East region.
- By far the most important player in NRT smoking cessation aids in the United Arab Emirates is Novartis Consumer Health, which accounted for an 84% share of value sales in 2014. Novartis was the first company to operate in the category in the country. In addition, the company has very high brand equity through its wide variety of Nicotinell products, and has been able to take advantage of its globally renowned brands such as Nicotinell TTS, Nicotinell Gum and Nicotinell Lozenges, each of which enjoys the leading position in its respective product category.
- NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to see a value CAGR of 9% at constant 2014 prices over the forecast period. This sustained growth will be driven by continued investment from the United Arab Emirates health authorities in awareness campaigns, by better healthcare facilities, and by stricter laws and law enforcement by the authorities in the country. This, in combination with marketing efforts from the main producers of NRT smoking cessation aids, will have a continued positive effect on sales.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in United Arab Emirates with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in United Arab Emirates, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in United Arab Emirates market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in United Arab Emirates?
- What are the major brands in United Arab Emirates?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Arab Emirates - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Consumer Health in the United Arab Emirates - Industry Context
Healthy growth continues in consumer health in the United Arab Emirates in 2014
Forecast value growth is threatened by GCC price harmonisation initiative
The strong consumer preference for branded products is difficult to change
Chemists/pharmacies continues to lose share
Strong demand for Rx products poses a threat to demand for OTC medicines
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
OTC products sees healthy growth in 2014, driven by growing awareness of and interest in consumer health
Raising awareness of the country’s rising obesity problem is one of the key aims of the government
GCC price harmonisation impacts development
Doctors are frequently bypassed, as patients seek advice from pharmacists or “Dr Google”
50+ age group becomes the major target of marketing campaigns for vitamins and dietary supplements
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2009-2014
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2009-2014
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources