- Even though attitudes towards tobacco and smoking are slowly changing in the United Arab Emirates, cigarettes remain cheap in the country in comparison with the cost of cigarettes in Western countries. Much of the reasonably favourable attitude towards smoking in the United Arab Emirates is due to the strong tradition of shisha smoking in the country. In the United Arab Emirates, smoking shisha is considered to be fashionable and more socially acceptable than cigarette smoking among both men and women. Nevertheless, the government of the United Arab Emirates progressively introduced controls on smoking in public and the supply tobacco products during the review period following its ratification of the WHO’s agreement to limit demand for tobacco in 2005. During 2010, a complete ban on smoking was introduced in most public places, with this including cars with passengers aged under 12 years old. The government also invested heavily in public information campaigns which highlight the dangers of smoking during the review period.
- While Novartis and Johnson & Johnson held similar value shares in NRT smoking cessation aids in the United Arab Emirates at the start of the review period, accounting for 23% and 19% of total retail value sales respectively through their respective Nicotinell and Nicorette brands in 2007, Novartis had become the clear leader by the end of the review period with a 35% value share. Novartis benefited from working closely with the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Health during the review period, with these two organisations jointly operating a number of smoking cessation clinics. This strong connection with the government conferred considerable prestige on the Nicotinell brand and attracted many United Arab Emirates consumers to Novartis’ NRT smoking cessation aids. Furthermore, the Nicotinell brand is also more likely to be recommended by chemists/pharmacies as a result of its participation in the government’s anti-smoking campaign.
- The government’s anti-smoking campaigns are expected to prove increasingly effective during the forecast period, with more consumers in the United Arab Emirates becoming increasingly aware of the links between smoking and numerous health problems. Many consumers will also be encouraged to give up smoking by the gradual spread of the public smoking ban across the United Arab Emirates, with this legislation also set to become more consistently enforced. As a result, smoking prevalence in the United Arab Emirates is expected to stagnate for both men and women, while NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to increase in constant value at a CAGR of 6%, a faster rate of growth than the 5% constant value CAGR registered over the review period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in United Arab Emirates with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in United Arab Emirates, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in United Arab Emirates market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in United Arab Emirates?
- What are the major brands in United Arab Emirates?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Arab Emirates - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Gum Flavours: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 6 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in the United Arab Emirates - Industry Context
Consumer health records steady sales growth
Government policies and campaigns shaping sales
Multinationals lead sales while generics gain ground
Chemists/pharmacies is the main distribution channel for consumer health
Stronger performance expected over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Population growth and rising disposable incomes drive demand for consumer health
Government trying to manage healthcare costs through imposed price cuts
OTC continues to face strong competition from under-the-counter Rx sales
High obesity rates in the United Arab Emirates will have increasing impact on health care
Mandatory health insurance to be implemented in Dubai
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 14 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources