- On 1 November 2011, The United Arab Emirates government passed new legislation which requires cigarette companies to include graphic pictures which cover at least half of each cigarette pack. This law had an especially strong effect on young adults and teenagers, many of whom have since been deterred from starting smoking by these images. Moreover, the fact that smoking is prohibited in the majority of shopping centres in the country also had a positive impact on sales of NRT smoking cessation aids during 2013.
- By far the most important competitor in NRT smoking cessation aids in the United Arab Emirates is Novartis, which accounted for 55% of total retail sales in the category in 2013 through the leading company Novartis Consumer Health SA NV with 41% and second-placed Novartis Consumer Health SA with 14%. Novartis was followed by third-placed Pfizer Inc in 2013 with a 12% value share. The remaining value sales in the category were quite fragmented at the end of the review period. Novartis managed to gain its dominant position in NRT smoking cessation aids thanks to the fact that it was the first company to operate in the category in the country. In addition, the company has very high brand equity through its wide variety of Nicotinell products and it has been able to take advantage of its globally renowned brands such as Nicotinell TTS, Nicotinell Gum and Nicotinell Lozenges, each of which all gained value share in their respective categories during the year.
- In January 2014, the new anti-smoking laws introduced in the United Arab Emirates during July 2013 came into effect and these laws are essentially set to prohibit the advertising of tobacco products on television, newspapers and through the use of animation. These laws also punish imports of tobacco which do not comply with the United Arab Emirates’ stringent technical standards and also bring into effect the ban on smoking in the presence of children aged below 12 years old in private vehicles. The new law banishes the display of tobacco products in close proximity to items marketed at children or in the sportswear, food or consumer electronics sections of retail outlets.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in United Arab Emirates with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in United Arab Emirates, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in United Arab Emirates market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in United Arab Emirates?
- What are the major brands in United Arab Emirates?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Arab Emirates - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Consumer Health in the United Arab Emirates - Industry Context
Natural products with health and wellness positioning lead growth
Strong demand for Rx products poses a threat to demand for OTC medicines
Fragmented industry in which international companies have a strong presence
Chemists/pharmacies remains the leading distribution channel for consumer health
Government efforts to raise health awareness and regulate the consumer health industry have a negative influence
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
United Arab Emirates government raising awareness of the country’s rising obesity problem
The self-medication trend is boosted by “Dr Google” and compliant pharmacists
The government introduces new regulations to aid low-income earners
50+ age group becomes major target of marketing campaigns for vitamins and dietary supplements
- Table 11 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 13 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 15 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 16 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 18 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources