- In 2014 NRT smoking cessation aids decreased by 3% in current value terms, falling to £137 million. Although the percentage of the adult population which smokes consistently declined throughout the review period, from 21% in 2009 to 19% in 2014 according to Euromonitor International, thus reducing the potential consumer group for NRT smoking cessation aids, those who are still regular smokers increasingly want to try to quit smoking.
- McNeil Healthcare continued to lead NRT smoking cessation aids in the UK in 2014, with a 36% share of value sales. Its Nicorette brand remained the leading brand, although it has been become apparent that Boots and private label brands are increasingly gaining share, accounting for a combined 15% value share in 2014.
- As smoking increasingly becomes an undesirable habit, the percentage of smokers is expected to fall to 17% of the total adult population by 2019, thus reducing the group of consumers who may potentially resort to NRT smoking cessation aids over the forecast period. Moreover, services implemented by the NHS to assist smokers looking to quit may also pose a threat to growth. A recent increase in awareness, due to the health consequences of smoking being widely advertised, and an increase in the prices of cigarettes are factors which will contribute to the overall decline in the number of smokers. Consequently, NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to see a negative value CAGR of 2% over the forecast period at constant 2014 prices.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in United Kingdom with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in United Kingdom, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in United Kingdom market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in United Kingdom?
- What are the major brands in United Kingdom?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Kingdom - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Kingdom - Company Profiles
Boots UK Ltd in Consumer Health (United Kingdom)
- Summary 1 Boots UK Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Boots UK Ltd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Boots UK Ltd: Production Statistics 2014
- Summary 4 Boots UK Ltd: Competitive Position 2014
GlaxoSmithKline Plc in Consumer Health (United Kingdom)
- Summary 5 GlaxoSmithKline Plc: Key Facts
- Summary 6 GlaxoSmithKline Plc: Competitive Position 2014
McNeil Healthcare (UK) Ltd in Consumer Health (United Kingdom)
- Summary 7 McNeil Healthcare (UK) Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 8 McNeil Healthcare (UK) Ltd: Competitive Position 2014
Consumer Health in the United Kingdom - Industry Context
A good value performance for consumer health
The impact of the regulatory system
The dominance of key international players
A distribution landscape on the move
A slow value performance in prospect
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Sales driven by price-consciousness
Convenience as a growth driver
The impact of consumers’ lifestyles
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2009-2014
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2009-2014
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 9 Research Sources