- In 2013 NRT smoking cessation aids increased by 5% in current value terms to reach £135 million. The category continued to benefit from increasing awareness amongst consumers of the health implications of smoking, the fact that smokers are being increasingly marginalised, particularly following the smoking ban in public places, and that the habit continues to become less socially acceptable.
- McNeil Healthcare (UK) continued to lead NRT smoking cessation aids in the UK in 2013 with a 36% share of value sales. Nicorette remained the leading brand, although it is slowly losing pace compared with other brands and private label. Nicorette Quickmist, the mouth spray which underwent a very successful launch in 2011, still contributes significantly to the success of the brand.
- Smoking is expected to become an increasingly socially undesirable habit in the forecast period, encouraging an increasing number of smokers to try to quit. Moreover, increasing general awareness of the health consequences of smoking, and likely increases in law restrictions at national and European level, are also factors which will contribute to the overall decline in the number of smokers.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in United Kingdom with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in United Kingdom, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in United Kingdom market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in United Kingdom?
- What are the major brands in United Kingdom?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Kingdom - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Kingdom - Company Profiles
Boots UK Ltd in Consumer Health (United Kingdom)
- Summary 1 Boots UK Ltd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 2 BCM: Production Statistics 2013
- Summary 3 Boots UK Ltd: Competitive Position 2013
GlaxoSmithKline Plc in Consumer Health (United Kingdom)
- Summary 4 GlaxoSmithKline Plc: Key Facts
- Summary 5 GlaxoSmithKline Plc: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 GlaxoSmithKline Plc: Competitive Position 2013
McNeil Healthcare (UK) Ltd in Consumer Health (United Kingdom)
- Summary 7 McNeil Healthcare (UK) Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 8 McNeil Healthcare (UK) Ltd: Competitive Position 2013
Consumer Health in the United Kingdom - Industry Context
Feeble signs of economic recovery lift consumers’ confidence
Recession-proof categories continue to see a positive performance
Marketing is king for branded products
Specialist store-based retailers continue to be important for consumers
The increasing maturity of growing categories could slow down future growth
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
First feeble signs of economic recovery in the UK
E-cigarettes: a new player in NRT smoking cessation aids?
Tougher EU regulation forces manufacturers to rethink
VAT increase does not curb the growth of sports nutrition
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 9 OTC: Switches 2011-2013
- Summary 10 Research Sources