- In 2012 NRT smoking cessation aids saw healthy current value growth of 6%, to reach £128 million. The category continued to benefit from the trend of more and more people trying to quit smoking, a habit which is becoming less socially acceptable in the UK. The overall smoking rate in the UK is lower than in most other European countries.
- McNeil Healthcare (UK) continued to lead NRT smoking cessation aids with a value share of 37% in 2012, but saw a slight decline in share, mainly because of competitors and private label catching up. Nevertheless, Nicorette remained the leading brand in NRT smoking cessation aids in 2012. Its position was reinforced by recent product launches, such as QuickMist spray, and innovative marketing campaigns, such as the launch of a new mobile app, Nicorette ActiveStop, which helps smokers to quit by providing top tips and monitoring the progress made.
- NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to increase by a CAGR of 3% in constant value terms, to reach £149 million in 2017. The category is forecast to continue to benefit from the trend of more and more smokers attempting to quit, as it will increasingly become an undesirable habit.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in United Kingdom with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in United Kingdom, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in United Kingdom market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in United Kingdom?
- What are the major brands in United Kingdom?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Kingdom - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Gum Flavours: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 6 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Kingdom - Company Profiles
Boots UK Ltd in Consumer Health (United Kingdom)
- Summary 1 Boots UK Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Boots UK Ltd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 BCM: Production Statistics 2011
- Summary 4 Boots UK Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
GlaxoSmithKline Plc in Consumer Health (United Kingdom)
- Summary 5 GlaxoSmithKline Plc: Key Facts
- Summary 6 GlaxoSmithKline Plc: Competitive Position 2012
McNeil Healthcare (UK) Ltd in Consumer Health (United Kingdom)
- Summary 7 McNeil Healthcare (UK) Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 8 McNeil Healthcare UK Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
Consumer Health in the United Kingdom - Industry Context
Growth despite challenging times
Value-added innovation is key for consumer health brands
Pharmacists are still key to OTC medication
Moving on up
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
The UK economy continues to stall
Innovate to accumulate
The impact of the ageing of the UK population on vitamins and dietary supplements
The impact of the VAT increase and regulatory changes on vitamins and dietary supplements, sports nutrition and NRT smoking cessation aids
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 14 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 9 OTC: Switches 2010-2012
- Summary 10 Research Sources