- Sales of NRT smoking cessation aids registered healthy current value growth of 4% in the Netherlands but lower than expected considering the higher restrictions on smoking in public places and the general health trend amongst the population. Sales recorded sustained growth when compared with the previous year as a result of continuing marketing support of NRT smoking cessation aids such as lozenges and gum, able to capture new consumers willing to quit the habit.
- NRT smoking cessation aids is highly concentrated in the Netherlands with few brands such as Niquitin, Nicotinell and Nicorette being the references as aids for helping consumers to quit smoking.
- NRT smoking cessation aids is reaching a new phase of maturity in the Netherlands, with sales expected to show continuing growth at a constant value CAGR of 2%, a slower pace by half when compared with the review period constant value CAGR. Despite major changes in consumer habits toward healthier lifestyles with a firmer commitment by the Dutch to quit smoking, sales for NRT smoking cessation aids will not grow at the same pace as a large proportion of consumers will choose other alternatives.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Netherlands with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Netherlands, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Netherlands market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Netherlands?
- What are the major brands in Netherlands?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the Netherlands - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Gum Flavours: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 6 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in the Netherlands - Industry Context
Consumer health registers positive value growth in 2012
Ageing population and concentration in urban areas, key growth drivers
Dutch consumers willing to spend more on innovative specific products
Shift in distribution toward grocery retailers and internet retailing
Modest future ahead
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Tougher economic situation in the Netherlands in 2012 poses challenge to consumer health
Ageing, more health-conscious population helps generate demand for consumer health
Online purchase becomes increasingly important for consumer health in the Netherlands
Healthier lifestyle as philosophy of living
Dutch consumers seek more convenience, quick-acting products
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 14 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
Dutch women purchase more OTC
- Summary 1 OTC - Switches 2009-2011
- Summary 2 Research Sources