- The Netherlands has one of the highest smoking prevalence for men and women in Western Europe; it is also one of the few countries where smoking prevalence amongst the adult female population has increased. This situation represents an area of growth potential for manufacturers to more specifically target female smokers with NRT smoking cessation aids. Moreover, it has been claimed that women can be more easily convinced to quit smoking if they want to have children and some may require substitutes to suppress withdrawal symptoms.
- Novartis Consumer Health NV accounted for the majority of value sales within NRT smoking cessation aids, posting a share of 54% in 2013. The company achieved the leadership position by establishing the presence of its flagship brand Nicotinell in a variety of formats (gum, lozenges and patches); this is a key factor that has helped to attract a consumers. The product is available in different dosages, depending on the level of tobacco use.
- The revised Tobacco Products Directive, adopted by the EU in February 2014, will lead to a significant tightening of the legislation on tobacco throughout Europe as it becomes translated into law in each member state. Some key steps of the directive include graphic health warnings, as well as a move towards plain packaging. It is also likely to lead to a ban of menthol cigarettes and slim cigarettes, which have been proven to target respectively young smokers and female smokers, by disguising the taste of tobacco or giving the impression that the products are less harmful.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Netherlands with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Netherlands, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Netherlands market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Netherlands?
- What are the major brands in Netherlands?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the Netherlands - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the Netherlands - Company Profiles
Novartis Consumer Health NV in Consumer Health (Netherlands)
- Summary 1 Novartis Consumer Health BV: Competitive Position 2013
Consumer Health in the Netherlands - Industry Context
Growth remains subdued amid tough economic conditions
Consumer health impacted by cost-cutting policy
Product innovations and web-based services to cater for modern lifestyles
Increased competition from grocery retailers pushes pharmacies to consolidate
Limited value growth expected in the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Ongoing economic headwinds lead consumers to reduce healthcare spending
The public fights against childhood obesity and unhealthy lifestyles
Tougher regulation on vitamins and dietary supplements
Self-help better than self-medication
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 2 OTC: Switches 2011-2013
- Summary 3 Research Sources