- The Hungarian government continued to increase tobacco bans in 2013 focusing the retail of tobacco. From July 2013, cigarettes and tobacco are now only available in special ‘National Tobacco Shops’ which operate according to strict rules. Restriction basically changed the retail of tobacco and significantly affected cigarette sales. Legal value sales of cigarettes decreased, while the black market remarkably strengthened. According to the latest research carried out by Szinapszis Kft, a significant proportion of smokers decided to give up smoking in the future. However, these decisions did not significantly boost value sales of NRT smoking cessation aids as the product is still considered to be very expensive for the average Hungarian.
- GlaxoSmithKline Kft maintained its first position in NRT smoking cessation aids with 65% value share due to the success of the Niquitin brand which is available in patch and lozenge formats. Pfizer was second in ranking accounting for 23% value share. Pfizer’s Nicorette is present in NRT gum and NRT patches. Novartis Hungária Kft ranked third with Nicotinell which was the top brand in NRT gum in 2013. Novartis Hungária Kft accounted for 7% share of total NRT value sales.
- Considering the high number of Hungarian smokers and recently introduced restrictions, demand for NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to strengthen over the forecast period. Rising household incomes will also help category growth since many people choose cheaper alternatives, because of the relatively high price of NRT products. Therefore, value sales are expected to increase moderately, at a value CAGR of 1% in constant 2013 prices over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Hungary with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Hungary, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Hungary market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Hungary?
- What are the major brands in Hungary?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Hungary - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Consumer Health in Hungary - Industry Context
Stable growth driven by growing health-consciousness
The government continues to fight against smoking
Economic crisis helped low-priced product lines
Growing importance of health will help future growth
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Strengthening health-consciousness and self-medication drives growth of consumer health
Introduction of the new distribution system of cigarettes brings ambivalent experiences
Stressful lifestyles affect consumer health positively
Economic crisis strengthens polarisation within vitamins and dietary supplements
- Table 11 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 13 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 15 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 16 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 17 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 18 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 19 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2011-2013
- Summary 2 Research Sources