- The Thai Health Promotion Foundation, the independent state agency set up according to the Health Promotion Act 2001, has been funded by a surcharge tax of tobacco and alcohol excise taxes to promote the wellbeing of Thais. The Thai Health Promotion Foundation acts as a catalyst for projects that change values, lifestyles and social environments directed to positive changes in health status, including the campaigns for smoking bans. According to national statistics by the Bureau of Tobacco Control, there were 13 million smokers in Thailand in 2011 and this number is on the upsurge, stimulated by the penetration to the younger age groups.
- With value share of 59% in 2012, Johnson & Johnson (Thailand) continued dominating the category. The strong presence of the Nicorette brand in NRT gum is renowned amongst smokers who seek the way to quit smoking. In addition, the oligopolistic landscape brings about high loyalty to brands in NRT smoking cessation aids, given that consumers are likely to adhere to familiar brands through word of mouth or recommendation by chemists/pharmacists. The Nicorette brand is also easily to be found in major chemists/pharmacies and parapharmacies/drugstores nationwide. Novartis (Thailand) Ltd and Millimed Co Ltd, owners of Nicotinell and Nicomild-2 respectively, totalled value share of 40% as the other major players in the category.
- Over the forecast period, sales of NRT smoking cessation aids in Thailand are projected to continue growing, yet at a slower rate than the rate during the review period. In fact, youths and young adults will remain the main consumer groups exposed to the risks of nicotine addiction. There has been a movement by the independent organisation named Action on Smoking and Health Foundation Thailand to advocate the tight control over tobacco distribution and advertisements.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Thailand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Thailand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Thailand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Thailand?
- What are the major brands in Thailand?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Thailand - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Gum Flavours: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 6 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in Thailand - Industry Context
Consumer health witnesses strong value growth
Unchanged hectic lifestyles expose more Thai consumers to risk of ailments
International players dominate consumer health
Non-grocery retailers continue to exhibit large value sales contribution
Trend for health and wellness fosters positive momentum
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Health and wellness trend stimulates consumers’ spending on dietary supplements
Consumer confidence improves beyond expectation
Sales of pseudoephedrine-containing medicines are banned from OTC
Convenience cannot be ignored by players in consumer health
Large international players continue to dominate consumer health
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 14 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources