- In Thailand, the Thai Health Promotion Foundation was established as the independent agency according to the Health Promotion Act 2001 to promote the wellbeing of Thais. The organisation is in fact funded by a surcharge tax of tobacco and alcohol excise taxes to steer the projects to encourage more Thais to enjoy higher living quality with the change to healthier habits, including the campaigns for smoking bans. The national statistics by the Bureau of Tobacco Control pointed out the increase in the number of smokers in Thailand to 13 million in 2012, with death tolls stemming from smoking harms reaching 52,000 persons per year. The Thai Health Promotion Foundation has also been concerned over the increasing population of new young smokers of 300,000 per year during the recent years.
- Johnson & Johnson (Thailand) continued dominating the sales in NRT smoking cessation aids, contributing the value share of 60% in 2013. Due to the global prestige of the Nicorette brand in NRT gum, it is renowned amongst smokers who look for a method to quit smoking via word of mouth or recommendations by chemists/pharmacists. In addition, the Nicorette brand is widely available in major chemists/pharmacies and parapharmacies/drugstores nationwide. In 2013, the followers Novartis (Thailand) Ltd and Millimed Co Ltd with Nicotinell and Nicomild-2 respectively recorded combined value share of nearly 40%.
- Teenagers and young adults who are addicted to nicotine from smoking will remain the key targets of brand players in NRT smoking cessation aids, given the active movement by independent organisations named Action on Smoking and Health Foundation Thailand to advocate tight control over tobacco distribution and advertisements. The relentless efforts by the Thai Health Promotion Foundation to campaign for quitting smoking will lead to a greater number of individuals who decide to stop smoking, given that NRT smoking cessation aids is a middle-of-the-road and flexible alternative for smokers to successfully quit smoking via a safer alternative source of nicotine.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Thailand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Thailand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Thailand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Thailand?
- What are the major brands in Thailand?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Thailand - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Consumer Health in Thailand - Industry Context
Hectic lifestyle of urban Thais boosts the demand for consumer health
Economic slowdown forces the brand players to stimulate purchases
International players lead in consumer health
Non-grocery retailers account for large value sales contribution
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Increase in ageing population benefits dietary supplements
Vitamins and dietary supplements faces weak consumer confidence
The ban of pseudoephedrine-containing medicines engenders brand switches
Convenience is carried out in product development in OTC drugs
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2011-2013
- Summary 2 Research Sources