- NRT smoking cessation aids saw current value sales grow by 4% in 2014. The main driver behind the relatively strong growth is the health trend, which has created a growing incentive among smokers to quit their habit. In addition to the health trend, other factors have also put pressure on smokers and sales of tobacco products, including less tolerant legislation and in general a growing social opposition towards smoking. Since January 2012, for example, a new ban came into force prohibiting the display of tobacco products in retail outlets. It should also be noted that it is rather expensive to smoke in Finland. The sluggish economic development during the review period in combination with rising taxes on tobacco products has therefore encouraged many consumers to quit in an attempt to save money.
- Janssen-Cilag is the leading player in NRT smoking cessation aids, accounting for 55% of value sales in 2014. The lead is due to a first mover advantage. The company was a pioneer in NRT smoking cessation aids in Finland with its famous and popular Nicorette brand, which in 2014 was available in BRT gum, inhalators, patches and microtabs. The company invests a great deal in marketing and advertising, and advertisements are regularly seen on television. Novartis came second with a 44% value share in 2014. As such, the combined market share is 99% between the two companies, leaving limited space for other players. However, both companies were challenged in 2008, when Laboratoires Pierre Fabre, with its Nicopass (NRT lozenges) and Nicopatch (NRT patches) brands entered the market. The novelty value attracted some consumers, but competition from the two leading players was intense and the company had to withdraw the Nicopass brand in 2013.
- Forecast value growth at constant 2014 prices is predicted to reach 9% in NRT smoking cessation aids over the forecast period. The strong health trend as well as growing societal opposition towards smoking will continue to encourage consumers to try to quit smoking using NRT smoking cessation aids. Rising taxes on tobacco products, a bleak economic forecast and tighter anti-smoking legislation will boost sales over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Finland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Finland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Finland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Finland?
- What are the major brands in Finland?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Finland - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Consumer Health in Finland - Industry Context
Consumer health sees healthy growth despite weak economy in the country
New products and health trend are the main drivers of growth
International players dominate the fragmented consumer health
Chemists/pharmacies losing out to internet and grocery channels
Healthy growth forecast, but slowly settling down
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Consumer health in Finland is fairly strictly controlled
Growing consumer confidence and technical advances boost internet retailing
Segmentation increasingly important in maturing consumer health
RURAL VS URBAN KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2009-2014
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2009-2014
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2012-2014
- Summary 2 Research Sources