- NRT smoking cessation aids grew by 5% in current value terms during 2013. Sales were driven by a growing proportion of smokers wanting to quit their habit. Social opposition towards smoking is negative and legislation has in many ways grown less tolerant over the review period. Since January 2012, for example, a new ban came into force prohibiting the display of tobacco products in retail outlets. Another factor benefitting NRT smoking cessation aids is the sluggish economic development during the review period. Rising taxes on tobacco products mean that it is rather expensive to smoke in Finland, which in addition to the wobbly economic climate, encouraged many to try to stop, thus benefitting sales of NRT smoking cessation aids.
- Janssen-Cilag led NRT smoking cessation aids, taking a 53% share of value sales in 2013. The company was a pioneer in NRT smoking cessation aids in Finland with its famous and popular Nicorette brand and as such benefits from first-mover advantage. Its brand portfolio includes gum, inhalators, patches and microtabs. The company invests a great deal in marketing and advertising, and advertisements are regularly seen on television. Janssen-Cilag recorded the strongest increase in share in 2013, boosted by the new launch of Nicorette Sumute in late 2012. In 2012, by contrast Novartis recorded the strongest growth following the launch of a new tropical fruit flavour gum version of its popular Nicotinell brand. Indeed, looking at the competition between the leaders, Janssen-Cilag and Novartis, some shift in share could be seen over the review period, depending on new launches and advertising campaigns. Both companies saw challenges in 2008, as new player Laboratoires Pierre Fabre, with its Nicopass (NRT lozenges) and Nicopatch (NRT patches) brands entered the market. The novelty value attracted some consumers and by 2013 Laboratoires Pierre Fabre held a 2% value share in NRT smoking cessation aids.
- NRT smoking cessation aids is predicted to grow by 14% in value sales at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period. A growing number of smokers will try to quit their habit, encouraged by rising tobacco excise duty, anti-smoking campaigns, growing social opposition and the strong health and wellness trend. Tighter anti-smoking legislation is likely to be seen in Finland. Removing logos and colours from the packaging may occur in the mid to long term. In fact, the Finnish government has made it clear that its long term intention is to eventually stub out smoking in Finland altogether. New launches and advertising campaigns will contribute to the growing demand for NRT smoking cessation aids.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Finland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Finland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Finland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Finland?
- What are the major brands in Finland?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Finland - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Finland - Company Profiles
Janssen-Cilag Oy in Consumer Health (Finland)
- Summary 1 Janssen Cilag Oy: Operational Indicators
- Summary 2 Janssen Cilag Oy: Competitive Position 2013
Consumer Health in Finland - Industry Context
Consumer health is somewhat resistant to the economic downturn
Health and wellness as a key growth driver
Internet retailing continues to shape the distribution landscape
Steady growth predicted for the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Finnish population is ageing and growing
OTC market – concentrated and controlled
EU health claims shape the marketing and product development of vitamins and dietary supplements
Internet retailing continues its dynamic development
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 3 OTC: Switches 2011-2013
- Summary 4 Research Sources