- NRT smoking cessation aids saw dynamic 6% current value growth in 2012, reaching €63 million. Several factors contributed to this growth. First, from the beginning of 2012, a new ban came into force prohibiting the display of tobacco products in retail outlets. Consumers have the right to see a catalogue of the products available and receive information about them and their prices; however, no images are to be included in the price listings.
- Janssen-Cilag continued to lead NRT smoking cessation aids in 2012 with a 53% value share. The company could be viewed as a pioneer in the category with its famous and popular Nicorette brand, which benefited from first-mover advantage. Its brand portfolio includes gum, inhalators, patches and microtabs. The company invests a great deal in marketing and advertising, and commercials are regularly seen on television. The company also launched innovative products such as Nicorette Whitemint, which is marketed as an aid to treat discolouration of the teeth. In addition, it is sweetened with xylitol, which has been proven to prevent caries, giving the product an even healthier image.
- NRT smoking cessation aids is predicted to reach sales of €71 million in 2017, growing by a CAGR of 2% in constant value terms in the forecast period 2012-2017. Rising tobacco excise duty, rising consumer prices, anti-smoking campaigns and the strong health and wellness trend are all expected to encourage consumers to turn to NRT smoking cessation aids. Moreover, tighter anti-smoking legislation is also expected to be seen. Finland already passed legislation introducing a ban on point-of-sale display from January 2012, and it is possible that other restrictions may follow. New proposals include banning new products from entering the market and removing logos and colours from the packaging. In fact, the Finnish government has made it clear that its long term intention is to eventually stub out smoking in Finland altogether.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Finland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Finland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Finland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Finland?
- What are the major brands in Finland?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Finland - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Gum Flavours: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 6 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in Finland - Industry Context
Economic downturn challenges growth
Demand for trendy products
Internet chemists/pharmacies see an increase in sales
Modest, albeit steady growth is expected
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Finnish economy under threat
Demographic changes to be considered
Vitamins and dietary supplements faces strong competition and negative publicity
Obesity and excess weight drive sales
Internet chemists/pharmacies are liberalised
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 14 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 OTC-Switches 2009-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources