- According to Euromonitor International estimates, in 2012 there were 8,752,200 smokers in Spain; 1% fewer than in the previous year. Since the new and more comprehensive ban on smoking was passed by the Spanish government in January 2011, the number of smokers in Spain has dropped by 2%. However, the number of attempts to quit was much higher, since sales of NRT smoking cessation aids rocketed by 9% in current value terms in 2011.
- NRT smoking cessation aids in Spain is a battleground between two companies: McNeil Iberica and Novartis Farmaceutica, especially after GlaxoSmithKline abandoned the market in 2011. In 2012 it was McNeil Iberica which led sales and recorded the best performance, with a share of 51%.
- The struggling Spanish economy, which according to the latest forecast published by the IMF will not recover until 2017, will drag sales of NRT smoking aids. Sales are set to decline by 14% over the forecast period in constant value terms.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Spain with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Spain, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Spain market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Spain?
- What are the major brands in Spain?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Spain - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Gum Flavours: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 6 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Spain - Company Profiles
McNeil Iberica SLU in Consumer Health (Spain)
- Summary 1 McNeil Iberica SLU: Key Facts
- Summary 2 McNeil Iberica SLU: Competitive Position 2012
Novartis Farmaceutica SA in Consumer Health (Spain)
- Summary 3 Novartis Farmaceutica SA: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Novartis Farmaceutica SA: Competitive Position 2012
Consumer Health in Spain - Industry Context
No light at the end of the tunnel
Not enough money to finance everything
No changes in the competitive environment
Grocery retailers benefit from consumer demand for value for money
Fears over the financial rescue of Spain
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
The Spanish economy struggles
New times require new laws
A country of incongruencies
Climate change affects sales
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 14 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Consumer health registration and classification
Packaging and labelling
De-listing or de-reimbursement
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 5 OTC: Switches 2010-2012
- Summary 6 Research Sources