- The law implemented in 2010 banning smoking in almost every public place continued to affect sales of tobacco products in Spain in 2013. In addition, most consumers showed interest in quitting smoking in 2013, which benefited sales of NRT smoking cessation aids in Spain, which grew by 1% to reach €24 million.
- Only two companies were present in NRT smoking cessation aids in 2013, McNeil Iberica, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson, and Novartis Farmaceutica. McNeil led with a 51% share of value sales in 2013, followed closely by Novartis with a 49% value share.
- The latest forecasts made public by the International Monetary Fund are not expecting the economy to fully recover for at least the next five years, especially not to reach the growth needed to bring down the high unemployment figures to boost demand and raise consumer confidence to a reasonable level.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Spain with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Spain, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Spain market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Spain?
- What are the major brands in Spain?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Spain - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Spain - Company Profiles
McNeil Iberica SLU in Consumer Health (Spain)
- Summary 1 McNeil Iberica SLU: Competitive Position 2013
Novartis Farmaceutica SA in Consumer Health (Spain)
- Summary 2 Novartis Farmaceutica SA: Competitive Position 2013
Consumer Health in Spain - Industry Context
Economic instability persists, despite some macroeconomic improvement
Switches and co-payment continue, although the pace adjusts during 2013
The competitive landscape remains highly fragmented during 2013
Demand rises in grocery retailers, due to the expansion of private label
Economic uncertainty will continue to affect the prospects for consumer health
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Another year of economic uncertainty in Spain
The expansion of generics and the rise of the private label are threats to future value growth
Demographics and ageing in Spain are trends to watch
The silent pandemic
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 3 OTC: Switches 2011-2013
- Summary 4 Research Sources