- While the number of smokers in the Czech Republic remains relatively stable, more and more consumers are pledging to give up smoking. Out of those who do, only approximately 20% of them succeed in quitting smoking. Czechs are starting to smoke at a younger age and smoking is very common at secondary schools, and even primary schools. The number of female smokers is slowly growing, while the number of male smokers is marginally declining. Thanks to the strong marketing of nicotine replacement treatment, consumers look for help when quitting.
- Johnson & Johnson spol sro dominated the NRT smoking cessation aids category in the Czech Republic in 2013, commanding a value share of approximately 87%. Johnson & Johnson dominates thanks to its Nicorette brand. The brand is well advertised and known and is available in numerous forms – NRT gum, NRT inhalators, NRT lozenges and NRT patches. The brand had practically no competition within NRG gum and NRT inhalators in 2013. The company’s only competitor – GlaxoSmithKline sro – held a value share of 13% in 2013.
- NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to record a constant value CAGR of 2% over the forecast period, with constant sales reaching CZK85 million by the end of 2018. Growth will be driven by the growing number of consumers who will want to give up smoking, given that smoking prevalence is expected to decline in the Czech Republic. Value sales will also be positively affected by growing average unit prices as competition within this category should only slowly intensify over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Czech Republic with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Czech Republic, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Czech Republic market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Czech Republic?
- What are the major brands in Czech Republic?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the Czech Republic - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Consumer Health in the Czech Republic - Industry Context
The Czech consumer health market records slight growth in 2013
The VAT rate rises in 2013, pushing average unit prices upwards
The industry remains very competitive in 2013 with stronger emphasis on price-competition
Chemists/pharmacies continues to dominate consumer health distribution in 2013
Consumer health has a good growth outlook over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
VAT for drugs and foodstuff increases in 2013, pushing retail prices upwards
Private label boosted by new product launches
E-prescriptions might be mandatory from 2015
Medical cannabis is available in Czech pharmacies
- Table 11 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 13 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 15 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 16 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 17 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 18 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 19 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2011-2013
- Summary 2 Research Sources