- Current value sales of NRT smoking cessation aids registered reduced growth after the outbreak of the financial crisis (2009 and onwards) and even drop in 2010 as consumers reduced their purchases of expensive and dispensable products in times of worsened economic situation at the end of the review period. In 2012, NRT smoking cessation aids achieved current value growth of 1% which was a marginally better performance compared to that of 2011. Although Czech consumers continued (and even intensified) to reduce their purchases of expensive and non-essential products due to the poor economic situation, retail value sales of NRT smoking cessation aids were fuelled by increased prices of these products in retailers due to the rise in the VAT rate by four percentage points to reach 14% in 2012.
- NRT smoking cessation aids remained a niche category with only two multinational players present in the Czech Republic in 2012. These producers were Johnson & Johnson with Nicorette and GlaxoSmithKline with Niquitin. The third player, Novartis, which offered the brand Nicotinell, left Czech NRT smoking cessation aids in 2009 as returns coming from this market segment were unattractive.
- NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to see a constant value CAGR of 6% over the forecast period to reach sales of CZK89 million by 2017. Demand for NRT smoking cessation aids will be driven by rising consumer health awareness as more people will try to quit smoking. Moreover, sales of these products will be also supported by the expected improved economic situation and thus higher willingness of Czechs to spend money towards the end of the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Czech Republic with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Czech Republic, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Czech Republic market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Czech Republic?
- What are the major brands in Czech Republic?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the Czech Republic - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Gum Flavours: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 6 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in the Czech Republic - Industry Context
Consumer health is affected by ongoing bleak economic situation and legislative changes
Change in consumer behaviour
Zentiva and Walmark lead sales
Chemists/pharmacies remains a key distribution channel
Consumer health is predicted to record satisfactory growth over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Ongoing poor economic situation and legislative changes affect sales of consumer health
Growing interest in self-medication and current lifestyle of Czechs boost sales of consumer health
Presence of multinationals strengthens within consumer health
Well-known and proven brands maintain their positions, while private label remains marginal
Distribution of consumer health remains dominated by chemists/pharmacies
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 14 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2010-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources