- NRT smoking cessation aids stagnated in current value sales terms in 2013. Many consumers who wanted to quit smoking did not believe that these products could help them. In many cases, smokers tried out NRT products for some days before abandoning them. However, stressful lifestyles forced many consumers to start smoking again. The high price of NRTs was another obstacle to use. Consumers preferred to look for alternative methods to quit smoking, such as exercise or eating confectionery.
- Only two brands of NRT smoking cessation aids were available in 2013. Nicorette by Pfizer Luxembourg, which dominates with an 88% share of retail value sales. Smokers often try Nicorette’s well-known gums, thanks to strong marketing and promotion by the manufacturer. GlaxoSmithKline Slovakia’s Niquitin brand, available as NRT lozenges, accounts for the remaining shares.
- The forecast period is unlikely to bring significant changes to NRT smoking cessation aids. Value sales (at constant 2013 prices) are set to decline as NRTs face a strong competition from e-cigarettes, which also claim to help people quit smoking. Moreover, holding the e-cigarette in the hand is making it an increasingly popular choice among consumers.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Slovakia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Slovakia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Slovakia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Slovakia?
- What are the major brands in Slovakia?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Slovakia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Consumer Health in Slovakia - Industry Context
Consumer health performs positively
The prevention of chronic diseases and illnesses grows in importance for consumers
Multinational manufacturers dominate consumer health
Chemists/pharmacies dominates distribution
Consumer health is set to witness a slowdown in retail value sales growth
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
The economic situation negatively affects consumer health sales
Chemists/pharmacies remains the most popular distribution channel
Growing health awareness increases the focus on chronic disease prevention
International manufacturers continue to lead consumer health in Slovakia
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources