- The marketability of NRT smoking cessation aids struggled in 2012, because no new products were launched and consumers needed more information about how to stop smoking, as they did not believe that these products could help them. They may have used them mostly for a month or two, but after this they started smoking again. The strong promotion in large shopping centres held the positive growth of NRT smoking cessation aids, but with only 1% current value sales growth in 2012.
- Only two companies produced NRT smoking cessation aids in 2012 in Slovakia and sales were completely dominated by Pfizer Luxembourg Sarl oz which held 90% value share in 2012. The company focused on strong promotion of its brand Nicorette which is well-known by Slovak consumers. Ranked second was GlaxoSmithKline Slovakia sro which held the remaining 10% value share and did not focus on NRT products, as the company operates in many other categories of consumer health.
- NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to record a constant value CAGR of -3% over the forecast period. This will be caused by greater consumer interest in alternative forms of quitting smoking and electronic cigarettes will be very popular over the forecast period in Slovakia. Higher prices of NRT smoking cessation aids mean that consumers will look for more affordably-priced products.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Slovakia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Slovakia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Slovakia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Slovakia?
- What are the major brands in Slovakia?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Slovakia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in Slovakia - Industry Context
Consumer health records healthy value growth in 2012
Consumers more interested in prevention of diseases and healthy lifestyle
Zentiva as retains its leading position
Chemists/pharmacies remains the most dominant retail channel
Consumer health is expected to deal with several threats over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
OTC sales record stable growth during the review period
International manufacturers dominate consumer health in Slovakia
The popularity of internet retailing increases
Slovak economy stagnates in 2012 and with negative outlook over the forecast period
Healthy lifestyle and prevention becomes important for consumers
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 12 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources