- During 2014, the Health Product Regulatory Authority (HPRA), the former Irish Medicine Board, decided to change the status of NRT smoking cessation aids offered under the Nicorette brand from ‘pharmacy only’ to ‘general sales’ status, meaning that these products can now be sold in any grocery retailers outlets. Nicorette was the first brand under which NRT smoking cessation aids were made available for general sale in Ireland and the decision of the HPRA will result in these products becoming more widely available to those people wishing to seek assistance for their attempts to reduce or quit smoking. According to the HPRA, this decision should be implemented starting from September 2015.
- McNeil Healthcare (Ireland) Ltd remains the most important company in NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Ireland, with a 69% value share in 2014. This company has promoted its Nicorette brand through the means of highly successful advertising campaigns and this has led to an increase in the popularity of Nicorette products. Furthermore, being the first NRT smoking cessation aids brand which will be available in supermarkets is only likely to reinforce the leading position of the company in Ireland. Although the value share of McNeil Healthcare in NRT smoking cessation aids declined marginally during 2014, it recorded a 4% current value increase in its actual value sales over the course of the year.
- NRT smoking cessation aids in Ireland is expected to increase in value at a CAGR of 2% in constant 2014 terms over the forecast period. Increasing numbers of Irish people are attempting to quit smoking due to the major health concerns which surround nicotine addiction and the serious dangers of smoking.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Ireland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Ireland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Ireland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Ireland?
- What are the major brands in Ireland?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Ireland - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Ireland - Company Profiles
GlaxoSmithKline (Ireland) Ltd in Consumer Health (Ireland)
- Summary 1 GlaxoSmithKline (Ireland) Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 GlaxoSmithKline (Ireland) Ltd: Competitive Position 2014
McNeil Healthcare (Ireland) Ltd in Consumer Health (Ireland)
- Summary 3 McNeil Healthcare (Ireland) Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 4 McNeil Healthcare (Ireland) Ltd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 5 McNeil Healthcare (Ireland) Ltd: Competitive Position 2014
Consumer Health in Ireland - Industry Context
Consumer health remains stable
Nicorette NRT smoking cessation aids now available on general sale
International brands and companies play an integral role
Chemists/pharmacies continues to register the highest percentage of value sales
Positive outlook overall
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Economic stability to support positive performance
Strong is the new skinny
Challenges and opportunities facing NRT smoking cessation aids
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2009-2014
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2009-2014
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 6 OTC: Switches 2012-2014
- Summary 7 Research Sources