- January 2013 saw the Irish launch of Nicorette QuickMist. The launch of this product was timed to maximise the elevated potential demand at this time of year as giving up smoking is a popular New Year’s Resolution among many Irish smokers. Irish consumers have been aware of the existence of this product for some time, mainly through advertising on non-terrestrial television, with McNeil Healthcare (Ireland) Ltd benefiting from the worldwide advertising of the product by parent company Johnson & Johnson Inc. The product benefited from continuous advertising throughout 2013, which represents something of a departure from the more specific advertising period of Christmas and New Year which is usually applied to NRT smoking cessation aids.
- McNeil Healthcare (Ireland) Ltd remained the leading company in NRT smoking cessation aids in 2013 with a 70% value share. The company’s Nicorette brand remains extremely popular among Irish consumers and this is mainly thanks to highly successful advertising campaigns. The extent of Nicorette’s popularity and its ubiquity have led to Nicorette becoming synonymous with NRT smoking cessation aids in general among a substantial proportion of the Irish population. The company continues to innovate in the category, expanding its product range in January 2013 with the launch of Nicorette QuickMist, which follows other ground-breaking products launched b y McNeil in the category, including NRT inhalators.
- NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to increase in value at a CAGR of 4% in constant 2013 terms over the forecast period. The number of Irish people choosing to quit smoking is expected to continue increasing as health concerns about the dangers of smoking and nicotine addiction gain ground. Equally, there is no evidence to suggest that the IMB will relax restrictions on the sale of NRT smoking cessation aids, ensuring consistently high unit prices and ensuring a positive value performance in the category for the foreseeable future.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Ireland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Ireland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Ireland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Ireland?
- What are the major brands in Ireland?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Ireland - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Ireland - Company Profiles
GlaxoSmithKline (Ireland) Ltd in Consumer Health (Ireland)
- Summary 1 GlaxoSmithKline Plc: Operational Indicators
- Summary 2 GlaxoSmithKline (Ireland) Ltd: Competitive Position 2013
McNeil Healthcare (Ireland) Ltd in Consumer Health (Ireland)
- Summary 3 McNeil Healthcare Ltd : Operational Indicators
- Summary 4 McNeil Healthcare (Ireland) Ltd: Competitive Position 2013
Consumer Health in Ireland - Industry Context
Light at the end of the tunnel
Consumers more confident but remaining cautious
Innovation key to further growth
Pharmacies most popular channel
Path to stronger growth set to be impeded by slow recovery
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Potential boost to generics
Vitamins and dietary supplements increasingly defined along gender lines
Sports nutrition sees strong growth
Value remains key consumer concern
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 5 OTC: Switches 2011-2013
- Summary 6 Research Sources