- The combination of intense anti-smoking campaigns and nationwide government anti-smoking laws and decrees continued to increase the popularity of NRT smoking cessation aids in Brazil. Now, in many states of the country, including São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Amazonas, Paraná, Roraima and Paraíba, it is forbidden to smoke in public places such as restaurants, malls, bars and supermarkets. In other states, such as Alagoas, Bahia, Goiás and Minas Gerais, smoking in public places is only permitted in designated areas, called fumódromos.
- Nicorette from Johnson & Johnson Industrial continued to lead NRT smoking cessation aids in 2012, with a 67% value share. The large and efficient Johnson & Johnson distribution system and high penetration rate in parapharmacies/drugstores helped Nicorette to increase its brand penetration amongst consumers all over the country. Nicorette is also available in different product types, such as NRT gum and NRT patches, offering more options to consumers who wish to purchase Nicorette products. In order to help consumers to quit smoking, Johnson & Johnson also promotes a campaign through Nicorette’s website called Active Stop, which is a free online programme which offers tips, health bulletins and online tools to consumers who need help to quit smoking. Active Stop provides a good solution for consumers who need emotional support and personalised information to quit smoking.
- NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to register a constant value CAGR of 8% in the forecast period. NRT lozenges and NRT gum are expected to post the strongest growth rates during the forecast period, with CAGRs of 11% and 8% in constant value terms respectively.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Brazil with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Brazil, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Brazil market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Brazil?
- What are the major brands in Brazil?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Brazil - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Gum Flavours: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 6 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in Brazil - Industry Context
Consumer health maintains strong growth
ANVISA moves OTC products back to over-the-counter
Hypermarcas aims for leadership
Internet retailing: potential channel in consumer health
Consumer health is expected to maintain its growth over the forecast period
Consumer health products back to over-the-counter
Hypermarcas invests in becoming the leading manufacturer
Middle-classes continue to positively impact consumer health
Consumers’ health awareness shows potential in vitamins and dietary supplements
Illegal sales hamper growth in sports nutrition
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 14 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Packaging and Labelling
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources