- In June 2014, the Brazilian Government approved a decree that banish the existence of “fumódramos”, which are exclusive areas that permits people to smoke in public places, such as restaurants, shopping centres, supermarkets, to name a few. The decree 8.262/2014 substitutes the decree 2.018/1996 that established the existence of “fumódramos”. This decision aims to reduce the number of smokers in the country, by making it even more difficult to smoke in public spaces. It is expected that this law will stimulate sales of NRT smoking cessation aids in Brazil, as it is expected that many consumers who smoke will try to quit smoking, since it is becoming more difficult to smoke in any public space.
- Nicorette from Johnson & Johnson Industrial continued to lead NRT smoking cessation aids in 2013, with 67% value share. The large and efficient Johnson & Johnson distribution system and high penetration rate in parapharmacies/drugstores helped Nicorette to increase its brand penetration amongst consumers across the country. Nicorette is also available in different product types, such as NRT gum and NRT patches, offering more options to consumers who wish to purchase Nicorette products. In order to aid consumers in their quest to quit smoking, Johnson & Johnson also promotes a campaign through Nicorette’s website called Active Stop, which is a free online programme which offers tips, health bulletins and online tools to consumers who need help in quitting smoking. Active Stop provides a good solution for consumers who need emotional support and personalised information to quit smoking.
- During the forecast period, NRT smoking cessation aids is predicted to record a value CAGR of 7% in constant 2013 prices, to reach R$156 million in 2018. NRT lozenges and NRT gum are expected to post the highest growth rates during the forecast period, with value CAGRs of 10% and 7% in constant 2013 prices respectively.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Brazil with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Brazil, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Brazil market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Brazil?
- What are the major brands in Brazil?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Brazil - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Consumer Health in Brazil - Industry Context
Consumer health continues to register good growth rate
Smaller packages attract consumers
Marketing investments to face competitors
Sports nutrition increases penetration in internet retailing
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Generics boost sales of over-the-counter in the country
Competition in OTC remains high
Consolidation of pharmaceutical retail will continue to grow
Sports nutrition continues to record strong growth
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Packaging and labelling
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources