- There was declining social acceptance for smoking in Hong Kong during the review period. This was partly due to an extension of the country's smoking ban to indoor public areas in 2009. In addition, consumers became increasingly health-conscious, while growing overcrowding in Hong Kong also reduced consumers' tolerance of smokers. While some on-trade establishments continued to flout the smoking ban at the end of the review period, largely due to fines being imposed on smokers rather than outlet operators, the majority of consumers had no desire to eat, drink or socialise in a smoky environment by the end of the review period.
- Sales of NRT smoking cessation aids are highly concentrated. Johnson & Johnson's Nicorette brand dominates and accounted for 73% value share in 2013. This brand benefits from heavy advertising and involvement with government anti-smoking campaigns, notably supplying free trial packs with a week's supply to some smokers signing up to smoking cessation clinics. The company also benefits from wide distribution via chemists/pharmacies and parapharmacies/drugstores and a high rate of recommendation from pharmacists.
- NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to continue to benefit from the Hong Kong government seeking to reduce smoking prevalence in the forecast period. Ongoing campaigns and the smoking ban will encourage more smokers to quit, as will the fact that smoking is increasingly socially unacceptable. These are long-term trends, however, with sales growth for NRT smoking cessation aids thus set to be similar during the forecast period to that seen during the review period. Volume and value at constant 2013 prices are both expected to see 3% CAGR in the forecast period, with similar growth rates seen during the review period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Hong Kong, China with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Hong Kong, China, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Hong Kong, China market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Hong Kong, China?
- What are the major brands in Hong Kong, China?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Hong Kong, China - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Consumer Health in Hong Kong, China - Industry Context
Strong growth fuelled by direct selling players
Consumers take a more proactive approach to health and seek natural products
Direct selling multinationals and domestic TCM players prove most successful
Parapharmacies/drugstores and direct selling together dominate sales
Growth set to slow in forecast period following review period boom
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Economic growth and rise in minimum wage boosts sales
TCM sees surge in interest from government, consumers and producers
OTC suffers from maturity, competition from prescription products and focus on holistic health
Direct selling players fuel growth in vitamins and dietary supplements
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources