- Government policy is the key factor influencing the willingness to quit smoking. With more government initiatives to educate the public to quit smoking, this would increase the sales of NRT smoking cessation aids.
- Nicorette of Johnson & Johnson Consumer (Hong Kong) Ltd continued to lead sales with value share of 73% in 2012. Its high value share is due to its high brand power amongst pharmacists as well as the heavy advertising done by the manufacturer and the government’s support of antismoking efforts. The company also has a wide distribution network in retail stores like major chemists/pharmacies and parapharmacies/drugstores. In addition, the company has marketing campaigns like trial usage and so on.
- NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to have a constant value CAGR growth of 4% over the forecast period, to record value sales of HK$19 million by 2017. This is because of the strong antismoking trend that is prevailing in the city, which is also in line with the government’s support.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Hong Kong, China with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Hong Kong, China, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Hong Kong, China market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Hong Kong, China?
- What are the major brands in Hong Kong, China?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Hong Kong, China - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Gum Flavours: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 6 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in Hong Kong, China - Industry Context
Consumer health industry continues to grow positively in 2012
Herbal/traditional paediatric dietary supplements have increasing popularity
Ageing population drives the growth of the consumer health industry
Consumer health products sales are concentrated via health and beauty retailers
Weight management products see strong double-digit growth in 2012
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Modernisation and initiatives in the Chinese medicine industry
Paediatric consumer health products driving growth
Mainland Chinese visitors contribute to consumer health sales
Hong Kong government giving more budget support for the elderly
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 14 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources