- The 2012 sales of Dh13 million reflect the immature state of the market and the lack of interest of Moroccans in smoking cessation aids. Due to a widespread lack of awareness on this public health issue and a general disregard for the dangers of smoking, most Moroccans do not try to quit their addiction.
- The category displays an almost-monopoly with Pierre Fabre SA and its brand Nicopatch accounting for 97% of value sales. Unlike Western markets where the emphasis is put on the use of external chemical aids to stop smoking, most Moroccans who do decide to quit do it on their own because of a general disbelief in these products and doubt regarding their side-effects and effectiveness.
- The category is not expected to develop over the coming years and the forecast value sales for 2017 are of only Dh14 million, with a CAGR for the forecast period barely reaching 1%. Government initiatives are not expected to make use of smoking cessation aids and since there are no expected price decreases, these products will remain insignificant in terms of the entire consumer health market.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Morocco with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Morocco, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Morocco market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Morocco?
- What are the major brands in Morocco?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Morocco - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in Morocco - Industry Context
Consumption remains low
Generics sales on the rise
A strong local base for the pharmaceutical industry
Wholesalers play large role in distribution
Strong market development opportunities
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Continued progress in the Medical Assistance Plan
Planned decrease in the price of medicine remains difficult to implement
The drugs market stays strong despite the crisis
The increase in the use of generic medicines and its consequences
Governmental efforts to improve the Obligatory Health Insurance program
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 12 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources