- Despite the law banning smoking in all public areas in Morocco, which was applicable since January 2009, and its positive impact by convincing smokers to stop smoking, NRT smoking cessation aids has not generated a great deal of consumer interest. This is due to the fact that the majority of Moroccan consumers try to stop smoking on their own without the use of these products, which they generally considered to be too expensive and ineffective. Many smokers view the period of Ramadan (the holy period of fasting for Muslims) as the ideal time to try to stop smoking as smokers are obliged to abstain from smoking for the entire period for religious purposes.
- Laboratoires Pierre Fabre SA continued to dominate NRT smoking cessation aids in 2013 with a retail value share of 99% as it was the first player to enter this category in Morocco with its brand Nicopatch in NRT patches. Nicopatch appeals only to high-income consumers due to its high pricing.
- The legislation that resulted in the implementation of a ban on smoking in public places in 2008 is expected to raise general awareness of the dangers of smoking and to help to promote the idea of stopping smoking over the forecast period. The new legislation has been fully operational since 2009 and to therefore boost the motivation of new players to invest in this category by launching new products. However, this is not expected to have a particularly dramatic effect on the performance of NRT smoking cessation aids, as average unit prices are expected to remain fairly high.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Morocco with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Morocco, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Morocco market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Morocco?
- What are the major brands in Morocco?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Morocco - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Consumer Health in Morocco - Industry Context
Health and wellness drove growth of consumer health in 2013
Consumer health sees moderate growth in 2013
Domestic companies continued to lead consumer health
Chemists/pharmacies remains the leading channel of distribution
Consumer health expected to benefit from improvements in health education
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Consumer products associated with children and ageing performed well
Slow growth of consumer healthcare despite improving economic situation
Growing health concerns lead to stronger demand for herbal products
Generics gains more attention
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources