- Based on Euromonitor’s tobacco research, the smoking prevalence among adult was increasing in the review period. Nonetheless, the increase was relatively minimal as Singapore has one of the world’s strictest tobacco control legislative frameworks, backed by substantial government efforts towards enforcement and penalties. The Health Promotional Board (HPB) is aiming to reduce the smoking rate to below 10% by 2020. In order to achieve this goal, HPB is promoting the National Tobacco Control Programme. However, the total smoking population is gradually increasing year on year. The reason is that the percentage of young adult smokers below 30 years old is increasing. In order to raise the awareness in terms of the health implications of smoking, the HPB is focusing its campaigns on the young and, amongst a number of measures, encouraging the creation of voluntary smoke-free environments, to help smokers to quit.
- Johnson & Johnson Pte Ltd maintained its leading position with a 66% value share in 2012, reaching sales of S$1.3 million due to the presence of the major Nicorette brand. In Singapore, Nicorette is available under three formats, NRT gum, inhalators and patches, which are widely available. The company also recorded the strongest rise in value share in 2012, albeit only a minor increase.
- NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to see a constant value CAGR of 1% over the forecast period. Since the HPB is aiming to reduce the smoking rate to below 10% in 2020, the Government is likely to encourage consumers to quit smoking by providing information on products such as NRT smoking cessation aids in order to achieve this goal. The Government is also likely to encourage the further creation of smoke-free areas in public spaces, which could in turn support category sales.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Singapore with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Singapore, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Singapore market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Singapore?
- What are the major brands in Singapore?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Singapore - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Gum Flavours: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 6 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in Singapore - Industry Context
Steady growth for consumer health
Rising demand related to ageing population
Multinational players continue to lead consumer health
Health and beauty retailers remains the key channel
Positive growth anticipated over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Increasing health consciousness drives demand
Competition between regional, local and multinational players
Steady demand for paediatric consumer health, regardless of the low fertility rate
Ageing population impacts consumer health
Anti-smoking efforts and tobacco bans impact consumer health
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 14 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2010-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources