- NRT smoking cessation aid sales saw growth of 4% to reach S$2 million in 2013. This was attributable to government efforts to increase the number of smoke-free public areas, in an attempt to reduce exposure to second-hand smoke and its harmful effects on consumer health. In addition, anti-smoking campaigns also helped to raise awareness of NRT smoking cessation aids amongst smokers.
- Johnson & Johnson Pte Ltd remained the leading player in NRT smoking cessation aids in 2013, on a retail value sales share of 66%. This was due to the strong presence of its Nicorette brand in Singapore, which benefitted from the well-established Johnson & Johnson brand. Nicorette was available in the form NRT gum, inhalators and patches at major pharmacies and drugstores. The company also introduced a new flavour of NRT gum in 2013.
- NRT smoking cessation aid sales are expected to grow at a constant value CAGR of 1% over the forecast period. This is likely to be driven by the continued efforts of the government to bring the smoking rate down. In addition, authorities are also expected to launch more anti-smoking campaigns to reach out and encourage more smokers to quit.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Singapore with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Singapore, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Singapore market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Singapore?
- What are the major brands in Singapore?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Singapore - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Consumer Health in Singapore - Industry Context
Consumer health sees stable growth
2013 Southeast Asian Haze
International players dominate consumer health
Health and beauty retailers remain the leading channel
Healthy growth expected over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Longer life expectancy
Good performance for paediatric consumer health despite slowdown in birth rate
Changing consumer lifestyles
Dominance of international companies
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2011-2013
- Summary 2 Research Sources