Bottled water off-trade volume sales are expected to contract over the forecast period, as bottled water competes against high-quality and more affordable tap water, with around 80% of the tap water available in Switzerland coming from underground springs and most of the remaining 20% from lakes. Government campaigns also promote the use of tap water as affordable and more ecologically sound.
As Swiss consumers are expected to become increasingly concerned and informed about topics linked to sustainability, bottled water is likely to be under closer scrutiny for generating packaging waste and by depleting water resources from natural springs.
Price competition is likely to increase and undermine potential for unit prices increases in the beginning of the forecast period, due to the downturn in the Swiss economy expected in 2023. This could further erode sales of Swiss brands against more affordable bottled water from other European territories, notably France and Italy, which may benefit from the weakness of the Euro against the Swiss Franc to compete more aggressively on price.
Files are delivered directly into your account soon after payment is received and any tax is certification is verified (where applicable).
This report comes in PDF with additional info in Excel included.
Understand the latest market trends and future growth opportunities for the Bottled Water industry in Switzerland with research from Euromonitor International's team of in-country analysts – experts by industry and geographic specialisation.
Key trends are clearly and succinctly summarised alongside the most current research data available. Understand and assess competitive threats and plan corporate strategy with our qualitative analysis, insight and confident growth projections.
If you're in the Bottled Water industry in Switzerland, our research will help you to make informed, intelligent decisions; to recognise and profit from opportunity, or to offer resilience amidst market uncertainty.
This category is the aggregation of still bottled water (spring, mineral & purified), carbonated bottled water (spring, mineral & purified), flavoured bottled water and functional bottled water. Bulk bottled water is split out separately. It is defined as packaged drinking water – purified, spring or mineral – that is packaged in a container of 8 litres or larger. The bulk bottled water data types apply to Still Bottled Water and Carbonated Bottled Water but do not apply to functional or flavoured bottled water. Bulk water is classified according to the new Bulk retail volume and Bulk retail value data type regardless of channel of sale: bulk water sold via retail locations and bulk water delivered direct to a consumer’s home is included. Bulk water sold to institutions (offices, schools etc.) remains excluded.See All of Our Definitions
This report originates from Passport, our Bottled Water research and analysis database.
If you purchase a report that is updated in the next 60 days, we will send you the new edition and data extraction Free!