- Consumers of fast food are highly polarised, where on the one side there are consumers who are not overly concerned whether the food is inherently unhealthy, while the other, more dynamically growing side, consists of consumers who demand healthier and lighter fast food and on-the-go products. A survey conducted for the food and beverage festival Smak for Alle (flavours for everyone) in 2015 concluded that eight out of 10 respondents wish to eat healthier fast food, but that price, availability and flavour result in them purchasing unhealthy fast food instead. In addition, Opplysningskontoret for frukt og grønt, an organisation working to promote the consumption of fruit and vegetables, introduced a Norwegian Championship in healthy fast food in 2014, which resulted in a high degree of participation among fast food and full-service restaurant players. Peppes Pizza, the leading chained pizza full-service restaurant, won with its Peppes Pizza Greenlight concept, which includes healthier pizzas dishes with fewer than 600 calories (half a pizza and a side salad) and a share of vegetables that can count as “three out of five”.
- After various franchisees, Reitan Convenience Norway AS remained as the leading player within fast food in Norway, accounting for an 11% share in the overall channel and a 16% share in chained fast food. The Norwegian operator is prominent in convenience store fast food where it holds leading brands such as Narvesen, 7-Eleven, Shell 7-Eleven and YX Energi. It is the broadness of this portfolio, in particular, which ensures the continued prosperity of Reitan Convenience. In covering both petrol stations and standard convenience stores, and by having nationwide coverage, Reitan Convenience stores are ubiquitous. In addition, brands like Narvesen and 7-Eleven have been present in Norway for many years and benefit from this with a strong level of familiarity and trust amongst Norwegian consumers. If combining McDonald’s franchise-run outlets with its company-owned stores, McDonald’s held a 17% value share in overall fast food in 2015. McDonald’s is an extremely well-known brand, located at convenient locations and spends large amounts of money each year on marketing in Norway.
- Health and wellness-oriented dishes will also remain crucial over the forecast period in order to appeal to both customers seeking the traditional alternative along with those customers wanting a lighter meal. Emphasis on locally-sourced food with greater visibility when it comes to the origins of various foods, as well as other important factors such as allergy and nutritional information will gain in importance. In addition, fast food outlets located near office buildings would greatly benefit from having healthier menu items. Reitangruppen’s entry into bakery products fast food could prove to be an interesting effort; should it be successful, it is possible that more chained convenience stores fast food players will branch out and given their large relative size, it could offer significantly greater competition to other fast food players.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Fast Food Market Research Report
Sample Fast Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Fast Food industry in Norway with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Fast Food industry in Norway, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Fast Food in Norway market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Fast Food in Norway?
- What are the major brands in Norway?
- Which type of fast food (burger fast food, chicken fast food, Asian fast food etc.) is expecting the greatest level of growth over the next five years?
- Do Fast Casual restaurants have a presence in Norway?
- What are fast food chains doing to attract consumers during non-traditional day-parts?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Foodservice market research database.
Table of Contents
Fast Food in Norway - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Fast Food by Category: Units/Outlets 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales in Fast Food by Category: Number of Transactions 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales in Fast Food by Category: Foodservice Value 2010-2015
- Table 4 Fast Food by Category: % Units/Outlets Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales in Fast Food by Category: % Transaction Growth 2010-2015
- Table 6 Sales in Fast Food by Category: % Foodservice Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 7 Fast Food by Casual vs Non-Casual: Units/Outlets 2010-2015
- Table 8 Sales in Fast Food by Casual vs Non-Casual: Number of Transactions 2010-2015
- Table 9 Sales in Fast Food by Casual vs Non-Casual: Foodservice Value 2010-2015
- Table 10 Fast Food by Casual vs Non-Casual: % Units/Outlets Growth 2010-2015
- Table 11 Sales in Fast Food by Casual vs Non-Casual: % Transaction Growth 2010-2015
- Table 12 Sales in Fast Food by Casual vs Non-Casual: % Foodservice Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 13 GBO Company Shares in Chained Fast Food: % Foodservice Value 2011-2015
- Table 14 GBN Brand Shares in Chained Fast Food: % Foodservice Value 2012-2015
- Table 15 Forecast Fast Food by Category: Units/Outlets 2015-2020
- Table 16 Forecast Sales in Fast Food by Category: Number of Transactions 2015-2020
- Table 17 Forecast Sales in Fast Food by Category: Foodservice Value 2015-2020
- Table 18 Forecast Fast Food by Category: % Units/Outlets Growth 2015-2020
- Table 19 Forecast Sales in Fast Food by Category: % Transaction Growth 2015-2020
- Table 20 Forecast Sales in Fast Food by Category: % Foodservice Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 21 Forecast Fast Food by Casual vs Non-Casual: Units/Outlets 2015-2020
- Table 22 Forecast Sales in Fast Food by Casual vs Non-Casual: Number of Transactions 2015-2020
- Table 23 Forecast Sales in Fast Food by Casual vs Non-Casual: Foodservice Value 2015-2020
- Table 24 Forecast Fast Food by Casual vs Non-Casual: % Units/Outlets Growth 2015-2020
- Table 25 Forecast Sales in Fast Food by Casual vs Non-Casual: % Transaction Growth 2015-2020
- Table 26 Forecast Sales in Fast Food by Casual vs Non-Casual: % Foodservice Value Growth 2015-2020
Fast Food in Norway - Company Profiles
Reitan Convenience Norway AS in Consumer Foodservice (Norway)
- Summary 1 Reitan Convenience Norway AS: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Reitan Convenience Norway AS: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Reitan Convenience Norway AS: Competitive Position 2015
Consumer Foodservice in Norway - Industry Context
Despite economic uncertainty, no risk of downshifting
Coffee lovers seek their caffeine fix in more social environments
Leading players boosted by strong demand
Independent outlets continue to perform well
Business as usual – stable development continues
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Inherently strong Norwegian economy faces turmoil
The coffee-loving nation
The rising popularity of food trucks
The health and wellness trend continues
- Table 27 Units, Transactions and Value Sales in Consumer Foodservice 2010-2015
- Table 28 Units, Transactions and Value Sales in Consumer Foodservice: % Growth 2010-2015
- Table 29 Consumer Foodservice by Independent vs Chained: Units/Outlets 2015
- Table 30 Sales in Consumer Foodservice by Eat-in/Home Delivery/Takeaway/Drive-Through: % Foodservice Value 2015
- Table 31 Sales in Consumer Foodservice by Food vs Drinks Split: % Foodservice Value 2015
- Table 32 Sales in Consumer Foodservice by Online/Offline Ordering: % Foodservice Value 2013-2015
- Table 33 Sales in Consumer Foodservice by Location: % Foodservice Value 2010-2015
- Table 34 GBO Company Shares in Chained Consumer Foodservice: % Foodservice Value 2011-2015
- Table 35 GBN Brand Shares in Chained Consumer Foodservice: % Foodservice Value 2012-2015
- Table 36 GBN Brand Shares in Chained Consumer Foodservice: Units/Outlets 2015
- Table 37 Forecast Units, Transactions and Value Sales in Consumer Foodservice 2015-2020
- Table 38 Forecast Units, Transactions and Value Sales in Consumer Foodservice: % Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 4 Research Sources