- Fast food in the Czech Republic performed relatively well during 2011, increasing by 1% in value. Fast food recovered during 2011 as a superior performance was registered to the 1% decline recorded in 2010. The accelerating growth in fast food in 2011 was due to the fact that unit prices increased in line with increases recorded in the cost of foodstuffs, hot drinks and soft drinks. Czech consumers remained cautious about spending on consumer foodservice throughout 2011 as the economic situation in the country remained precarious. However, inbound arrivals in the Czech Republic recovered strongly in 2011, which meant more foreign visitors in the Czech Republic’s large cities, which in turn supported fast food sales.
- McDonald’s and KFC remain the leading fast food brands in the Czech Republic. During 2011, McDonald’s CR opened three new units as the company’s value sales declined by 1% to CZK3.8 billion. Although rather negative, this performance was still better than the company’s initial estimates as McDonald’s was able to maintain the interest of Czech consumers through its permanent policy of constantly launching new special menus, seasonal meal items, limited edition food and drink items and clever marketing promotions. For example, during summer 2011, the company introduced its new Royal Shake in four flavours: mango and maracuya, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. During January 2012, McDonald’s expanded its food menu with the addition of its snack wrap chicken and cheeseburger fresh products, while it also introduced its Bacon Week promotion.
- Fast food in the Czech Republic is expected to continue with its positive development during the forecast period, although growth is set to be slower than the growth recorded over the review period. Growth is set to slow down a fast food in the Czech Republic is becoming increasingly saturated and faces increasing competition from specialist coffee shops. Fast food is set to increase in constant value by 2% over the entire forecast period. Chained operators will continue to record favourable results, while independent operators are set to continue suffering from underinvestment.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Fast Food Market Research Report
Sample Fast Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Fast Food industry in Czech Republic with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Fast Food industry in Czech Republic, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Fast Food in Czech Republic market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Fast Food in Czech Republic?
- What are the major brands in Czech Republic?
- Which type of fast food (burger fast food, chicken fast food, Asian fast food etc.) is expecting the greatest level of growth over the next five years?
- Do Fast Casual restaurants have a presence in Czech Republic?
- What are fast food chains doing to attract consumers during non-traditional day-parts?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Foodservice market research database.
Table of Contents
Fast Food in the Czech Republic - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Fast Food by Category: Units/Outlets 2006-2011
- Table 2 Fast Food by Category: Number of Transactions 2006-2011
- Table 3 Fast Food by Category: Foodservice Value 2006-2011
- Table 4 Fast Food by Category: % Units/Outlets Growth 2006-2011
- Table 5 Fast Food by Category: % Transaction Growth 2006-2011
- Table 6 Fast Food by Category: % Foodservice Value Growth 2006-2011
- Table 7 Sales of Bakery Products Fast Food by Type 2008-2011
- Table 8 Global Brand Owner Shares of Chained Fast Food 2007-2011
- Table 9 Brand Shares of Chained Fast Food 2008-2011
- Table 10 Forecast Sales in Fast Food by Category: Units/Outlets 2011-2016
- Table 11 Forecast Sales in Fast Food by Category: Number of Transactions 2011-2016
- Table 12 Forecast Sales in Fast Food by Category: Foodservice Value 2011-2016
- Table 13 Forecast Sales in Fast Food by Category: % Units/Outlets Growth 2011-2016
- Table 14 Forecast Sales in Fast Food by Category: % Transaction Growth 2011-2016
- Table 15 Forecast Sales in Fast Food by Category: % Foodservice Value Growth 2011-2016
Fast Food in the Czech Republic - Company Profiles
Crocodille CR sro in Consumer Foodservice (Czech Republic)
- Summary 1 Crocodille CR sro: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Crocodille CR sro: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Crocodille CR sro: Competitive Position 2011
Consumer Foodservice in the Czech Republic - Industry Context
Consumer foodservice records negative growth again in 2011
Expensive foodservice outlets struggle to survive as operators seek new profitable locations
Competition strengthens as domestic chains perform well
Chained outlets experience superior performance to independent players
Slow increases in consumer foodservice sales expected
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Consumer foodservice improves in 2011 amidst difficult trading conditions
Demand rises for high-quality specialty coffee sold at reasonable prices
Cafés/bars and fast food operators seek out more profitable new locations
Health and wellness trend and taste for international cuisine develop in all consumer foodservice categories
Number of non- smoking foodservice outlets in progress
- Table 16 Units, Transactions and Value Sales in Consumer Foodservice: 2006-2011
- Table 17 Units, Transactions and Value Sales in Consumer Foodservice: % Growth 2006-2011
- Table 18 Consumer Foodservice by Independent Vs Chained Outlets: Units/Outlets 2011
- Table 19 Consumer Foodservice by Eat in Vs Takeaway 2011
- Table 20 Consumer Foodservice by Food Vs Drinks Split 2011
- Table 21 Sales in Consumer Foodservice by Location 2006-2011
- Table 22 Leading Chained Consumer Foodservice Brands by Number of Units 2011
- Table 23 Chained Consumer Foodservice Company Shares 2007-2011
- Table 24 Chained Consumer Foodservice Brand Shares 2008-2011
- Table 25 Forecast Units, Transactions and Value Sales in Consumer Foodservice: 2011-2016
- Table 26 Forecast Units, Transactions and Value Sales in Consumer Foodservice: % Growth 2011-2016
National Consumer Expenditure
- Table 27 Number of Outlets and Sales in Total 2005-2010
Trade association statistics
- Summary 4 Research Sources