- Marginally slower current value sales growth was recorded in 2014, compared with 2013, due to the high penetration of sanitary protection in the Philippines, given its essential nature. On the other hand, busy lifestyles amid positive employment conditions saw females choose comfortable, highly absorbent products that guard against leakages.
- Johnson & Johnson (Philippines) leads in 2014 with a retail value share of 53%. The company increased its share to consolidate its leading position in sanitary protection. Modess remains a strong leading brand, with a 47% retail value share, owing to its comprehensive portfolio of towels. Johnson & Johnson also invested in marketing campaigns to reinforce consumer awareness of the brand, helping it to regain some retail value share in 2014.
- Sanitary protection is expected to register positive growth in terms of retail volume sales and value sales at constant 2014 prices over the forecast period. However, growth rates will be slower compared with 2014. The high penetration of sanitary protection will slow down the growth performance as consumer demand matures. Sanitary protection products offering high comfort and leakage protection are set to gain prominence over the forecast period, alongside active and busy consumer lifestyles.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Sanitary Protection Market Research Report
Sample Sanitary Protection Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sanitary Protection industry in Philippines with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sanitary Protection industry in Philippines, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sanitary Protection in Philippines market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sanitary Protection in Philippines?
- What are the major brands in Philippines?
- What are the key new product launches in the sanitary protection market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tissue and Hygiene market research database.
Table of Contents
Sanitary Protection in the Philippines - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Towels by Type of Use: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Retail Sanitary Protection: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Sanitary Protection: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 7 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Sanitary Protection in the Philippines - Company Profiles
JS Unitrade Merchandise Inc in Tissue and Hygiene (Philippines)
- Summary 1 JS Unitrade Merchandise Inc: Key Facts
- Summary 2 JS Unitrade Merchandise Inc: Competitive Position 2014
Procter & Gamble Philippines Inc in Tissue and Hygiene (Philippines)
- Summary 3 Procter & Gamble Philippines Inc: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Procter & Gamble Philippines Inc: Competitive Position 2014
Tissue and Hygiene in the Philippines - Industry Context
Tissue and hygiene posts positive current value growth in 2014
Convenience tissue and hygiene products gain ground
Competition intensifies in tissue and hygiene
Grocery retailers lead tissue and hygiene distribution
Tissue and hygiene is set to see slower growth in the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
GDP growth slows in 2014
Growing female workforce benefits tissue and hygiene
Competition intensifies in tissue and hygiene
- Table 8 Birth Rates 2009-2014
- Table 9 Infant Population 2009-2014
- Table 10 Female Population by Age 2009-2014
- Table 11 Total Population by Age 2009-2014
- Table 12 Households 2009-2014
- Table 13 Forecast Infant Population 2014-2019
- Table 14 Forecast Female Population by Age 2014-2019
- Table 15 Forecast Total Population by Age 2014-2019
- Table 16 Forecast Households 2014-2019
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 18 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 19 NBO Company Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 20 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 21 Penetration of Private Label in Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 22 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 23 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 25 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 5 Research Sources