- Sanitary protection recorded high current value growth of just over 8% in 2012 due to population growth. In addition, consumers are also opting for more affordable brands as quality and price differences narrow. For example, more consumers are turning to ultra-thin sanitary towels compared to standard ones.
- Johnson & Johnson remained the leading sanitary protection player in 2012, accounting for 55% of total value sales. The company’s top brand, Modess, is well-recognised in sanitary towels and is known for its innovative line, heavy advertising and affordable pricing.
- Sanitary protection has a projected forecast period constant value CAGR of 3%. Manufacturers are expected to focus more on the fast-growing pantyliners and ultra-thin towels areas. Used daily, pantyliners offer immense opportunity for growth and top brands are expected to market these products more aggressively over the coming years.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Sanitary Protection Market Research Report
Sample Sanitary Protection Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sanitary Protection industry in Philippines with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sanitary Protection industry in Philippines, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sanitary Protection in Philippines market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sanitary Protection in Philippines?
- What are the major brands in Philippines?
- What are the key new product launches in the sanitary protection market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tissue and Hygiene market research database.
Table of Contents
Sanitary Protection in the Philippines - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Towels by Type of Use: % Value Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sanitary Protection Retail Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Sanitary Protection Retail Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Sanitary Protection in the Philippines - Company Profiles
JS Unitrade Merchandise Inc in Tissue and Hygiene (Philippines)
- Summary 1 JS Unitrade Merchandise Inc: Key Facts
- Summary 2 JS Unitrade Merchandise: Competitive Position 2012
Papertech Inc in Tissue and Hygiene (Philippines)
- Summary 3 Papertech Inc: Key Facts
Tissue and Hygiene in the Philippines - Industry Context
Tissue and hygiene buoyed by rosy economy and rising middle class
Rising awareness pushing companies to go “green”
Procter and Gamble Philippines retains lead position in value sales terms
Supermarkets is main channel for sale of tissue and hygiene products
Overall forecast more optimistic for tissue and hygiene over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
More companies reach out to customers digitally
More companies adopt ‘green’ practices
Brand loyalty slackens for hygiene products as economy brands gain share
SCA Group acquires Everbeauty Corp’s brands
Price pressure increases within both AFH and retail tissue
- Table 8 Birth Rates 2007-2012
- Table 9 Infant Population 2007-2012
- Table 10 Female Population by Age 2007-2012
- Table 11 Total Population by Age 2007-2012
- Table 12 Households 2007-2012
- Table 13 Forecast Infant Population 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Female Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 15 Forecast Total Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 16 Forecast Households 2012-2017
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 18 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 19 Tissue and Hygiene Retail Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 20 Tissue and Hygiene Retail Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 21 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 22 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 23 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 25 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 4 Research Sources