- In terms of value size, sanitary protection reached a modest Ps8.1 billion in total sales in 2013. The bulk of this, 79% to be specific, is attributable to sales of standard towels, equally divided between the with-wings and without-wings variants. Although standard towels has the bulk of value sales, pantyliners and ultra-thin towels maintained their positions as the fastest-growing products.
- Johnson & Johnson (Philippines) Inc remained the leader in the sanitary protection category with a 52% value share in 2013, driven by one of its key brands, Modess. The Modess brand currently has eight variants of towel ranging from standard non-wing to ultra-thin night with wings, the biggest line-up of variants across sanitary protection brands. Procter & Gamble Philippines Inc was a distant second with a 19% value share, coming from its brand Whisper.
- Sanitary protection has a projected forecast period constant value CAGR of 3%. The constant value growth rate of sanitary protection will continue to increase but at a slower rate due to strong price-competition.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Sanitary Protection Market Research Report
Sample Sanitary Protection Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sanitary Protection industry in Philippines with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sanitary Protection industry in Philippines, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sanitary Protection in Philippines market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sanitary Protection in Philippines?
- What are the major brands in Philippines?
- What are the key new product launches in the sanitary protection market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tissue and Hygiene market research database.
Table of Contents
Sanitary Protection in the Philippines - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Retail Sanitary Protection: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Sanitary Protection: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 5 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 7 Towels by Type of Use: % Value Analysis 2008-2013
Sanitary Protection in the Philippines - Company Profiles
JS Unitrade Merchandise Inc in Tissue and Hygiene (Philippines)
- Summary 1 JS Unitrade Merchandise Inc: Key Facts
- Summary 2 JS Unitrade Merchandise Inc: Competitive Position 2013
Procter & Gamble Philippines Inc in Tissue and Hygiene (Philippines)
- Summary 3 Procter & Gamble Philippines Inc: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Procter & Gamble Philippines Inc: Competitive Position 2013
Tissue and Hygiene in the Philippines - Industry Context
Tissue and hygiene grows along with improving economy and increasing population
Private label contributes to the growth of tissue and hygiene
Procter & Gamble Philippines Inc leads but JS Unitrade Merchandise Inc closes the gap
Supermarket is key trade channel for tissue and hygiene
Steady growth expected over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Private label drives growth in mature tissue and hygiene categories
Negligible innovation and differentiation leads to more habitual buying
Tissue products made of recycled fibre slowly losing their footing
- Table 8 Birth Rates 2008-2013
- Table 9 Infant Population 2008-2013
- Table 10 Female Population by Age 2008-2013
- Table 11 Total Population by Age 2008-2013
- Table 12 Households 2008-2013
- Table 13 Forecast Infant Population 2013-2018
- Table 14 Forecast Female Population by Age 2013-2018
- Table 15 Forecast Total Population by Age 2013-2018
- Table 16 Forecast Households 2013-2018
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 18 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 19 NBO Company Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 20 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 21 Penetration of Private Label in Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 22 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 23 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 25 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 5 Research Sources