- A number of reports, including one from Monash University, have been released highlighting the dangers of some OTC analgesics in Australia. Most notably was a report by Victorian researchers linking 115 deaths in the state between 2001-2011 to combination ibuprofen and codeine pain killers and a Canadian government report linking numerous paediatric fatalities to the use of codeine after the surgical removal of tonsils. This has been met with calls for further regulation and warnings on packaging. The Australian Self Medication Industry highlights that it is important to keep in mind that most people use the pain mediation appropriately.
- Panadol continued to maintain its position as the leading Australian brand in 2013 with a 28% value share. This is due to its extensive product line, impressive distribution network and continual marketing presence. Most notable in recent times has been has been the continual growth of Panadol Osteo, the one brand that has continued to buck the average market trends and achieve double-digit growth year-on-year since its release. Panadol has supplemented its market range with Panadol Extra, which contains caffeine.
- The rise in the Australian birth rate in combination with an ageing population will ensure a continual demand in analgesics across the spectrum. Analgesics are expected to grow at a constant CAGR of 2% over the forecast period, a similar performance to the review period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Analgesics Market Research Report
Sample Analgesics Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Analgesics industry in Australia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Analgesics industry in Australia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Analgesics in Australia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Analgesics in Australia?
- What are the major brands in Australia?
- Are combination products with acetaminophen still popular?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
Analgesics in Australia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic by Format: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Consumer Health in Australia - Industry Context
A healthy category in 2013
A warm winter cools sales
Sanofi-Aventis maintains its leading position
Distribution continues to evolve
Growth will slow over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
TGA bans common ingredients in paediatric health products
Media, myth and magic – the tale of dietary supplements
Ageing in Australia: the active and the obese
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2011-2013
- Summary 2 Research Sources